Reply To: Controller (Yay or Nay?)

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Elite: Dangerous Discussion --- Controller (Yay or Nay?) --- Reply To: Controller (Yay or Nay?)

Participant
CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

@nzsimian: Very nice work with the Logitech 3d button map.  Re Cyborg 3D, I loved that controller for flightsims (coz I’m a lefty), but I had a couple of wires fail two weeks into E : D 😮

@genisisx
: You must have the thumb control of a surgeon if you can effectively fly combat with a gamepad – well done, you! 😉

Replying to @macca101 ‘s OP:

• As a student you’ll get great value for money out of Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.  In Melb/Syd you should be able to pick it up for ~$50AUD.
  • I got 3D Pro to see if I could fly right handed when my trusty old Saitek cyborg died after a decade of solid use. I’m liking it and its just as well as I haven’t had the time to go out and get a more full-on controller
  • If you’re cashed up the Saitek X52 looks the goods.  I _will_ get one of these sooner or later.  I think @damorgs is also after one of these
  • I’ve heard some bad stories about the Warthog HOTAS, and I think there’s some issues with primary/secondary weapons

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!