Reply To: Should we be concerned?

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Elite: Dangerous Discussion --- Should we be concerned? --- Reply To: Should we be concerned?

Participant
CenturionAngel of StrategyAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Picked it up at Col 285 Sector MH-Q a7-1

Was in a Strong signal source floating there.

there is a “shell” of systems around Merope where they can be found in the wild.

Much easier than trying to Rob Federal Naval Convoys

Any one planning an expedition to look for them, the Canonn forum has good info and the shell in the first few posts

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=195658

Ships need Cargo, Jump range, fuel scoop and AMFU, plus Collector limped if you are not a scooper

Once you have it, switch on the AFMU and set the Cargo hatch to repair.

Also be aware once you have one, you get fined lots for them, and you cannot swap ships due to have cargo, unless you transfer it between other Cmdrs

Last night was Operation Hansel and Gretal

Operation Handel and Gretal complete, very Zaonce

Ship Type 7 Transporter

Starting in Col 285 Sector MH-Q a7-1 with free floating UA
57 Jumps on economic route to Varati
At each star stop jettison UA, let it roar/glow, Morse code thingy and roar/glow again, then scoop back up
I am assuming the roar/glow is transmitting
Each time it turned to point to Merope

In Varati, stopped once at star to repeat jettison UA, let it roar/glow, Morse code thingy and roar/glow again, then scoop back up
Then proceeded to , where UA was dropped in NFZ to scan ships and station, then scooped up. Left for same jettison UA, let it roar/glow, Morse code thingy and roar/glow again, then scoop back up cycle.
The Canonn fined me for illegal jettison of goods in the NFZ, Cmdr Rugerwan seemed confused by what I was doing, Bounty Hunter Crimson Eagle looks good

En-route
Twice a Persistant NPC pirate was after cargo, needed to let them interdict me and win to get rid of them.
Once System Authority in uninhabited system followed low wake and scanned me for Crimes/contraband whilst I was letting the UA do its thing outside the ship
Once NPC Viper followed low wake and scanned for crimes (bounty hunter?) whilst I was letting the UA do its thing outside the ship

If UA is transmitting location home when in presence of Lakon Type X Series Ship, then route to Varati has been plotted for whomever.

UA recovered and still in possession

Alternative Plan is Operation Handel and Gretal 2
Plot route from UA shell to Varati using fastest route and collect UAs depositing them along the way.

For Reference Varati is the home of the Canonn research group

I will probably be heading back out to try to add to my collection of UAs for operation Hansel and Gretal 2, should H&G1 yield no results.

That said if anyone has any ideas and what to experiment with the UA just let me know and I can transfer it over to you.