Reply To: Angeli Imperial Nights

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Elite: Dangerous Discussion --- Angeli Imperial Nights --- Reply To: Angeli Imperial Nights

Participant
CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Trading sucks.

… Even more since the most recent update where FD have been fiddling the books.  Stuff that should be 1600Cr/T credit one way appears to have been ‘normalised’ back to 1000 Cr/T – That’s really going to hurt newer players whose only option is to trade to upgrade.

Doesn’t really help AIE’s cause where we’re trying to modify influence via trade – being stiffed on profits to the tune of ~30% must have a corresponding effect on influence (as well as our ‘poor old’ hip-pockets)

On the other hand, by nerfing trade so much, FD are:

• Forcing players to look for and take on well paying missions from the BBS
  • Making it more attractive to hunt bounties (i.e. shoot things – you _must_ like _that_ idea, Haz!!)
  • Probably making mining the most consistent ‘big earner’ (supposing you’ve found somewhere profitable to mine)

@XSannz
’s long-range smuggling seems to be the best way to make fast(er) bucks at this stage.

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!