A monkey goes missing

Home --- Forums --- Angeli Imperial Operations --- Exploring Forum --- A monkey goes missing

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Dan Dority 2 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

NZSimian
    Participant
    CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

So I was flying home from the pub the other night, and found I’d somehow garaged my combat ready Python for a ‘kinda’ explorer fitted Asp (it’s got guns).
    And then I got lost between Ixbakald and Wangal, flew straight past Spica (it’s a binary, but you’re not going to get ANY ‘second star and fly right’ reference from me), and am going in a very convoluted path… somewhere.

I’ve seen a nice wee nebula a few hundred LY away that I’m gonna hang out in for a while.

Back soon(Tm)

Fox Carignan
    Participant
    Centurion

I’m a fuel rat… Just thought you might want to know.

HIP 20199 - Assistant to the Custodian

An Epitome of Elegance... And Class

NZSimian
    Participant
    CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

What could you be suggesting? 😉

As if a combat pilot would forget a fuel scoop… That’s never happened to me before… In my FdL…

Cheers buddy, hopefully I don’t have to call on your services 🙂

NZSimian
    Participant

Found an ELW out in the black

But another Commander had been there first

So I kicked over his flag, burnt it, hid the ashes, and claimed the planet.

See, I can make friends.

Sketchy
      Participant

LOL, good man. Neil Armstrong would be proud.

NZSimian
    Participant

sleep well

NZSimian
    Participant

I’m only some 1700 LY out from Wangal, and have found a cluster of unclaimed ELW’s and WW’s. Last night also saw lots of high metal contents, and a 17 earth mass (only 2.2G) landable icy planet, which I’ll be heading back to sometime – it had some huge planet-long canyons to crash into.

However, no exotic stars, which might explain the ELW’s…

Have my eyes on a pretty system another 900LY ‘up’, will post some shots of the Galaxy disk when I get there.

NZSimian
    Participant

Followed the stars “Up”, until I ran out of jumps.

I wonder what the story of civilisations on this planet would be, as those in the northern hemisphere see darkness, the abyss.

While those to the south see the galaxy in all her glory.

Waterworld, terraformable at the edge.

Hazara
    Participant
    CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Snappy just sent me this thread, well done matey, love the 3 stars!!

The explorier would have shat itself LOL

Sketchy
    Participant

It is an interesting thought about inhabited planets on the rim of a galaxy, how they view it and what they would believe it is. Great image.

Go you filthy little monkey.

NZSimian
    Participant

I’m headed on my way back in, minor repairs, grab a better scoop & then off to monkey head nebula (of course).

Where should I drop the exploration data?

Anonymous

Nelder or HIP 20638

Dan Dority
      Participant
      Angel of DiscoveryCenturion

If you haven’t handed it in already I’d say HIP 20199 is where we need the influence, to keep the Expansion pending (if it still is).

Influence is fine in Wangal and HIP 20638 as far as I can see, unless it’s been decided to launch an expansion from either system? (And in IMHO Wangal could do with another war/election to see if we can win another station =)

NZSimian
    Participant

Lock up your pigs,
    Hide your best liquor,
    Make sure your immunisation is up to date,
    I’m back

Got into Wangal late last night (late enough to not impress Mrs Simian…), jumped straight into my Clipper, and signed up for some go shooty missions.

Sketchy
    Participant

A most excellent voyage, CMDR. Good to have you home.

Fox Carignan
    Participant
    Centurion

Very good to have you back Simian.  I feel much more comfortable knowing you are behind a holy weapon of the Emperor.

HIP 20199 - Assistant to the Custodian

An Epitome of Elegance... And Class

Elvis Kremmen
    Participant
    Founding AngelTriarii

If you haven’t handed it in already I’d say HIP 20199 is where we need the influence, to keep the Expansion pending (if it still is). Influence is fine in Wangal and HIP 20638 as far as I can see, unless it’s been decided to launch an expansion from either system? (And in IMHO Wangal could do with another war/election to see if we can win another station =)

Two months later, I’m steaming in with some exploration data.  I see this, check the maps, and see HIP 20199 is – again – in expansion state.  So I’m heading there now to submit all my exploration data at Fabricus Vision.  🙂

Dan Dority
    Participant
    Angel of DiscoveryCenturion

@elviskremmen

I’m 99% certain the expansion is coming from Ilaqua. It’s influence was around 80% at the beginning of the Expansion state and has been dropping heavily every cycle since. This must be a new mechanic as I can’t recall having seen influence drop during the expansion on previous occasions.

I’m unsure If we need to keep Ilaqua’s influence above 75% to ensure the expansion is successful but it couldn’t do any damage.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.