Angeli Defence Squadron

Home --- Forums --- Angeli Imperial Operations --- Combat Forum --- Angeli Defence Squadron

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Further to this post I got to thinking about an Anaconda Squadron for defending Wangal and it’s surrounds.  At present we have 3 commanders that I know of that own Anacondas.  The goal of this will be to kit out a ‘battleship’ of sorts.  Now, not everyone will want to use theirs as a combat ship, so I only want people who will.

I’m looking for volunteers to fly them, now I know most people want one just because it’s an Anaconda. but I also need to know that it will be used for Angeli’s requirements.  This will require it to be fitted for combat, not trade, and be ready to deploy reasonably quickly.

This will also be a long term process as we will have to assist in raising funds to not only buy, but equip them.  My idea is as follows, of course, any better suggestions are more than welcome:

1. Large trade ships form a wing with the recipient
      2. Traders load up on gold/palladium
      3. In deep space jettison cargo
      4. Recipient collects and sells to earn funds
      5. Anaconda is purchased
      6. Repeat steps 1-5 until all Anacondas are equipped and ready to go.

This will also require traders to ‘donate’ funds to pay for them.  I understand that this will take time and will not happen over night.  I also need commanders who volunteer to be part of the squadron do not use the funds for anything else.  As such, in the early stages only regular, trusted Angeli commanders can apply.

Discuss.

Keymaster
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.

I’ve wanted my Anaconda since Beta, but still flying my Vulture….

[Insert sad face here]

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

If you’re prepared to fight in it, you can be a volunteer.

Keymaster
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.

I’m willing to sacrifice myself!!!….  On Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30PM to Midnight AEST

Participant
      CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

@mrping: Tuesday week, I’m happy to fly trade wing with you towards this purpose.  In the meantime I have to be at 90-95M Cr by end of weekend … to fund aT9 so I can build combat Python.

Currently back at ~80M on the back of (unsuccessfully, in the end) trying to get LFT78 over the line for Patreus. :-[

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!

So far we have @mrping and @nzsimian – that will do for now.  Next roll out will be once they are equipped.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Happy to drop any lazy millions I have, for the cause. I have been absolutely ruining my reputation in and around Apathaam, taking any contract that offers over $400k – but it sure is profitable 🙂

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.