Angeli Imperial Expedition – Crew Wanted

Home --- Forums --- Angeli Imperial Operations --- Exploring Forum --- Angeli Imperial Expedition – Crew Wanted

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Fox Carignan 2 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

DAMORGS
    SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Commanders,

With the arrival of multicrew ships later this year, I have decided to head an official AI Expedition.  Whilst the actual details on multicrew are sparse, we do know that the larger ships can carry up to 2 small fighters.  It’s fair to assume these will be Condors or Imperial Fighters.  We also know an Anaconda can carry at least 4 SRVs, more if you wanted.

So here’s what I have in mind;

I will buy an Anaconda and fit it for exploration (with guns, just in case).  It will also carry 3 SRVs, maybe 4 as a spare in case @hazara decides to be part of the expedition, we all know his record on breaking things.

A Hangar to carry 2 Imperial Fighters.  Now, with a bit of luck, whilst they do not have FSD, they may (hopefully) still be able to supercruise.  If they are, and they also come with an internal slot, they could be kitted with a Detailed Surface Scanner.

If they are, then ‘leap frogging’ scanning planets within a system will be possible.

We may also need to consider that materials may be used to any crew member on the ship, therefore we should plan to have materials for FSD boost, AFMU modules and the like.

We could start out with 2 or 3 small expeditions (2-3000LY) and then a larger  attempt.  If all goes well, a trip to Sag A.

Thoughts?  Volunteers?

Masterandpuppet
    Participant
    Foederati

Sounds like an interesting idea. Perhaps we could even make a community goal to colonise something outside of the bubble – a sort of way station for explorers?

Anyway I’d be up for it in principle if I could make the commitment.

DAMORGS
    SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

We still have a lot of unknowns at the moment, the main one being how it will work if the owner of the ship doesn’t log on, are the rest of the crew stuck in space?

The work around for that, if that’s how it is anyway, would be to land on a planet somewhere so they can at least get out and explore in the SRV.  But then, how do they get the ship to return if they venture too far?

Many questions very few answers at the moment, but yes, in principle, it could be very interesting.  Perhaps a seat swap function?

Anonymous

Many questions very few answers at the moment, but yes, in principle, it could be very interesting. Perhaps a seat swap function?

This could pose some problems in the future. But this could be useful as well.
      In the terms of usefulness this could be that some people on the ships that have 2 or more ship consoles on the ship could be used as a multi crew vessel. The idea proposed by Obsidian Ant is that some crew could be allocated different roles for example the pilot flies the ship, the other crew control the systems and weapons like the ties in Star Wars the Force Awakens and Star Trek. This use of the different roles in the ships could maximise efficiency of ships when exploring and/or in combat and trade.

The downside is that people flying the ship could not log on and leave yourself stranded in a system you don’t want to be in. But as said before there should be some crew swapping as shown in Star Trek: Into Darkness.

NZSimian
    Participant
    CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

are the rest of the crew stuck in space?

now we know where escape pods really come from 😉

Baron von Schnellenstein
    Participant
    CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

notionally interested in this mission – as discussed

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!

Anonymous

This could get some of our Explorer rank up for this/these expeditions if we go out of our way to undiscovered systems in the vicinity of Sag A

Fatherbrain1
    Participant
    PrincipesSilver Angel

Count me in, I love exploring! Especially if we go somewhere pretty, like a nebula.

Anonymous

Count me in too. But I’ll have to acquire a newer better computer before then

Fox Carignan
    Participant
    Centurion

Count me in.  I’d love to take an Imperial SR Fighter out for you.  Perhaps we could go to the Pleiades and look for more Barnacles?  ISRFs will definitely be able to help with that.  Drop one off at a location, then orbital cruise a hundred klicks and drop off the second.  The third crewmember could drive an SRV and somebody could stay with the ‘Conda.

If need be, I could also take my own ship as a support vessel with additional stuff.  We could each have one co-pilot, that way everyone would have a larger pool of small vehicles to draw from.  In the unlikely event one of us runs out of gas, the other could also jump in without needing to put our name on the Fuel Rat register.

HIP 20199 - Assistant to the Custodian

An Epitome of Elegance... And Class

DAMORGS

Nice to see some interest 🙂

The ship I take will most likely be the Cutter now.  It doesn’t have the range of the Conda, but is a thousand times sexier 😛

Fox Carignan
      Participant
      Centurion

C8 Fuel Scoop might be worth the loss of jump range.  C8s measure fuel rate in tonnes/second instead of hundredths.  Fuel up in seconds.

And… We have no guarantee that Anaconda’s will be able to hangar two ISRFs unlike the Cutter.. and it really is sexier.

HIP 20199 - Assistant to the Custodian

An Epitome of Elegance... And Class

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.