Close Encounters of the nth Kind

Home --- Forums --- Angeli Imperial Operations --- Exploring Forum --- Close Encounters of the nth Kind

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  NZSimian 2 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Baron von Schnellenstein
    Participant
    CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

So, I got a bit embroiled in the gossipmongering around the Cail system and its neighbors – some intrepid souls had quite a yarn to spin.  Chipped in with a stack of other traders to get a tip-off.

A handful of systems were earmarked as likely site of something unreal.  I’d plotted a course for one, but was interdicted on the way and had to turn back to get the canopy fixed.  Then I meandered back out.  On my way back to the intended system, someone else had seen it first.

At any rate, here is what was found.  It is huge and its construction looks similar to other things we’ve seen in that area.  I’m surprised BC (@vasious) has not already posted pics…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!

DAMORGS
    SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

That’s got Thargoid ship written all over it I reckon.

On a side note, I said way back in beta that tensions would boil to the point of all out war between the Empire and the Feds (see the naval ships CG).  Then Thargoids would appear and we’d be forced to join with the Feds to defend ourselves….

Iaened Bourne
    Participant
    CenturionAngel of Strategy

I’d love to be able to capture a Thargoid ship, even if just to hang it up somewhere and show it off when the tax-man comes ’round: “This is what happened to the last guy that tried to collect!”

CMDR I. Bourne
    Imperial Duke
    Loyal Servant of HIH Princess Aisling Duval

NZSimian
    Participant
    CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I would like to point out that neither @sketchy nor myself had ANYTHING to do with downing this ship in the first place. 🙂

Great stuff guys, looks like @damorgs might be right in his thoughts about escalating tensions and the arrival..

Blain Crighton
    Participant
    CenturionAngel of StrategyAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I was one the wrong Moon!

In OR there is actually something quite spooky about searching the dark side of an icey moon for some unknown, especially when the weave scanner picks up a (human) crash site!

Baron von Schnellenstein
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

@nzsimian – Difficult to believe that neither you or @sketchy had anything to do with the demise of this ship beyond the fact that neither of you have mentioned it in your post-enebriated action reports.  (It could also mean that it was actually @hazara who downed it.)  What _would_ definitively prove your statement is if somehow the time/date of this ship’s demise is known and you have an alibi, such as: “Couldn’t have been us, we were obliterating feds outside of Nanomam Station’s mail slot at that time” :p

@vasious – Well, you found something cool anyways.  For the record, this item doesn’t show up as a POI at cruising altitude (No POIs within coo-ee of this location, either). Nor do the instruments on the ship or SRV pick up any readings from this construct.  Having said that, with a modicum of sunlight, the site is highly visible from a couple of km up

Difficult to tell how long its been there (w.r.t. E:D storyline).  MB states that the construct was placed in-game in 2.0 or at Engineers release – cant remember which.  You’ve probably seen that Cannon forum is suggesting a link between the unknown probes and this device.

interestingly, there were no materials in the immediate vicinity.  This _may_ be normal for europa lines or the inhabitants of the ship scoured the area before departing.  I had to get out of the trench and up on regulation ground level to find any sort of materials

@damorgs – I was thinking it might be Thargoids when I saw the pattern of 8 whorls around the main body.  Maybe we’ll find out just who after ‘the Guardians’ releases – There’s suggestions from the Gamescon streams (I haven’t watched them all) and FD forums that, in fact, there are more than one alien race to encounter.

Back to the construct:  it appears to have 4 ‘wings’ – if it spins like a top in normal flight, it would look like a flying saucer to human eyes :p

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!

DAMORGS
    SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

The design certainly looks ‘insectoid’ to me.  I’m sticking with the ‘Goids.

Sketchy
    Participant
    CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

There have been a few instances of people claiming everything alien as belonging to the Thargoids, only to have me rolling my eyes and shooting a slave.

But this looks of Thargoid construction.

Very, very cool find.

Sketchy
    Participant

Easy money on that one…

Attachments:

Sketchy
    Participant

Pleiades Sector AB-W B2-4

Moon, 9A

-26.3300, 97.7269

It is smaller than I expected…Like a scout.

Attachments:

NZSimian
    Participant

I’ll shoot down for a nosey this evening and then back to blido piru for … reasons.

NZSimian
    Participant

Been there, drove an SRV over that…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.