Elite: Dangerous Launcher Not Updating

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Elite: Dangerous Discussion --- Elite: Dangerous Launcher Not Updating

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

As some people know my Launcher is not updating due to an error. I have tried to run the program as an admin but it still didn’t work. I looked into the options menu and ticked two boxes, and I had the download running but it stopped at the end displaying 0.33 mb/s and <1min but it didn’t update for an hour afterwards, and before that @sketchy and @hazara tried to help me but their efforts were in vain. Even @mutantrex2 couldn’t help me.

Somebody please help me!!

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

You’ve tried the alternate download method?
      From the launcher, find the option for alternate download.

If there’s an issue with p2p downloads, the alternate might work quicker?

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

And I’ve heard of success with the following (especially the change to Internet Explorer)

<header>
      <h1>Why is the game downloading very slowly or stopping completely?</h1>
      <span class=”faded”> Updated: Saturday 19th March 2016</span></header>

If you are experiencing slow download speeds, or are finding that the download of the game is getting stuck at certain points, try temporarily disabling any anti-virus, firewall, or VPN software that you may have installed.

Restarting the launcher once disabling these programs should allow any slow or stopped downloads to continue and can sometimes improve your download speed.

If you continue to have issues please open Control Panel on your PC; select Internet Options. Select the Connections tab, select LAN settings and make sure Automatically detect settings is unticked.

In rare cases, you may find your download is interrupted or slow due to server maintenance. You can check the status of the Elite Dangerous servers here.

https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=56

Inactive

Thanks man I’ll try that

Participant
      CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

@alextoms, is Optus your ISP?

If so, even doing all the ‘tricks’ sometimes doesn’t work.  When it does this, I switch my connection to wireless 4G broadband and re-run the update to get the last couple of files

If doing the above doesn’t work and you don’t have access to another ISP (like 4G broadband with a non-Optus provider), make a note of all the paths and files the installer complains about.

If you missed the filenames, search the ‘elite-dangerous-64’ folder for .progress files, that will point at the files that failed to validate.  One of us can email or PM them to you, or otherwise, raise a ticket with FD and they’ll send you the offending files

NB:  in all the tricks, clear .part and progress files and close E:D launcher  _before_ clearing IE cache.

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
      Keymaster
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.

I’ve had issues updating as well, uninstalled the whole thing, starting from scratch.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.