Empyrion: Galactic Survival

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Other Games --- Empyrion: Galactic Survival

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Snappy000 9 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Baron von Schnellenstein
    Participant
    CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Now here’s an early access title worth every cent (US$20).

I had a shot at NMS on the PS4, was looking for a brief change from E:D and liked the idea of survival + minecrafty/space-engineersy open-ended construction, so I gave Empyrion a shot.

Methinks Empyrion complements E:D very nicely.  In this, most of the activity is planetside, but you can go around raiding trade ships and space stations.  I’ve had a heap of fun just building things

As an early access title, there’s not much in the way of game narrative bar a prologue on the dev’s site, but the sandbox play (single or multiplayer) is quite enjoyable and fairly well polished

Summary:

• Minecraft/Space-Engineers style block/voxel construction
      • Capital Vessels that can carry smaller vessels
      • “Small Vessels” – Air/Spacecraft like fighters/dropships
      • Hover vehicles for terrestrial travel
      • Terrestrial bases and space stations
    • Tidy graphics with stunning sunrise/sunsets on planets with atmospheres
    • Variety of planet types, each with a variety of biomes
    • A reasonable (but not large) variety of flora and fauna
    • NPC bases / ships to engage/destroy/explore/loot
    • Craft food/medicines/fuels/equipment
    • Forage/hunting/farming/mining
    • Open-ended construction
    • Active, responsive developers
    • Active modding / gaming community with LOTS of content
    • Pretty good in-game tutorials and help, otherwise, reasonably intuitive UI

My only gripe is that currently, there is no support for analogue controllers and flight sticks, which I’d find immensely useful when flying small vessels

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!

Snappy000
    Participant
    Principes

It’s just a better version of space engineers from the pictures shown

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.