Forum Ranking

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Off-Topic --- Forum Ranking

This topic contains 25 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years ago.

• Author

CMDR Ping
    Keymaster
    SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.

These are the new forum rankings based on activity, the one you see under your profile image.
    They are based in points and they are allocated accordingly to be an incentive to participate in the forums:

Daily Visit= 1 Point

New Topic= 3 Points

Someone Favorited your topic= 1 Point

New Reply= 1 Point

Reply to your post= 1 Point

Profile Update= 3 Points

Comment on profile= 1 Point

If the moderator has to delete your post/topic/reply, you loose double of the points accumulated (this is to stop junk)

Ranks go as below.

Foederati 0 – 50

Principes 50 – 200

Triarii 200 – 500

Centurion 500 – 2000

Senator 2000 – 10000

I am trying new stuff here, I hope you like it.

Baron von Schnellenstein
    Participant
    CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Er, I’m a bit confused:

I thought the initial idea of these ranks were to reflect relative “seniority” and trust level within AI in general, thus only Triarii and above could see certain forums…

Please advise how/where you’re going with respect to access levels in the site.  I have things to post in the trade area that should only be visible to AI members with gold bar in their forum sig nameplate or above…

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!

CMDR Ping
    Keymaster

The security access is still there, I am just manually applying it after a recommendation or consultation with other members. The automatic leveling was open to a lot of manipulation, and some people might actually use the forums a lot but not play much. or the other way around.

I’ll be adjusting the points to bump members to their respective levels, but for all the newbies I need some sort of carrot for them to follow.

Pretty much all of the members that joined the first day (all from our thread and very active there) have been given access to the AI Inner circle.  The only people with access to the Organization forum are Morgs, Mori, Davo, you and me.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  CMDR Ping.

Baron von Schnellenstein
    Participant
    CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

OK, cool.

Thanks for the clarifications MrPing.

Might not put much up tonight, but will start putting up the content I’ve outlined in my trade sticky over the next few evenings.

Cheers

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!

HAZARA JUINIOR
    Participant
    CadetAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

didn’t know that!

HAZARA JUINIOR
    Participant

cool!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

HAZARA JUINIOR
    Participant

I,ll try signature again!

CMDR Ping
      Keymaster

There you go, fixed it for you.

HAZARA JUINIOR
    Participant

thanks!

HAZARA JUINIOR
    Participant

sig stopped working

My profile signature is failing to show!

CMDR Ping
      Keymaster

Fixed it, sorry for the delay.

Xsannz
    CenturionAngel of DiscoveryAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement MissionAngel of Trade

Is there a post about the Sub badges, Medals etc like Angel of trade etc etc?

had a scout around the forums but couldn’t see anything obvious

Assistant Angeli Imperial Custodian (Wangal)

Qui Desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum. | Quis custodiet Ipsos custodes.
    Nascentes morimur. | Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

CMDR Ping
    Keymaster

No, I am meant to do some documentation about all of that, but life happened.

What do you want to know?, basically, we give them out upon nomination from another member.

CMDR Ping
    Keymaster

and your rank represents the seniority depending of the forum points (unless you are upranked by request from the centurions)

Xsannz
    CenturionAngel of DiscoveryAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement MissionAngel of Trade

All makes sense I was, rank is all straight forward.

Just seeing what can or could be earned in the badge ways might inspire other or myself do do something different to earn a commendation is all.

Gamification seems to be where your heading and I think that’s great, but let’s say I make elite exploring and use my excess data to bolster a cause in a system we are active in then that encourages participation in game and visually badge wise on the forums.

Or if there is a list I can look at say logging some combat or trade to help out..  See where I am going with this.

I am only new to this but I am a senior admin for Getsome.co.nz  so just thought I’d mention some things.

By all means if I am overstepping  my very junior shoes on these forums please by all means reign me in.

CMDR Ping
      Keymaster

Just seeing what can or could be earned in the badge ways might inspire other or myself do do something different to earn a commendation is all.

That is a good idea, give people the virtual carrot to chase.

Gamification seems to be where your heading and I think that’s great, but let’s say I make elite exploring and use my excess data to bolster a cause in a system we are active in then that encourages participation in game and visually badge wise on the forums.

Correct, but so far what we’ve done is based on member’s experiences with the group. (Someone saw you kicking ass in some fed space like “it ain’t no thing”, then they will Message us to give you the badge) That way it is more ebout the moment that a checklist.

Or if there is a list I can look at say logging some combat or trade to help out.. See where I am going with this.

ATM we got the mission status page for that, sort of where our work is needed, and there used to be a trading page but it was not updated regularly enough.

By all means if I am overstepping my very junior shoes on these forums please by all means reign me in.

Don’t stress, we’re pretty relaxed around here as you can see by the registration and amount of disclaimers and things you had to agree with when signing in (None), me and DaMorgs run this with just common sense, let people talk and contribute, and jump in when needed (Never so far), if you have any ideas you’d like to see, we’re more than happy to listen and see how we can get it in place. There is a forum section called “Website ideas”, it is just for that.

Xsannz

Is there a chance i can request a forum signature? @mrping

and add the rank on TS server

CMDR Ping
      Keymaster

I’ll send you one when I do the next batch.

Xsannz

Looking forward to it.

Xsannz

I know I am still newish but what’s the deal with inner circle forums I can see them now I am triarii but of course no permissions.

Is there a proving ground or something I can do as an active player and forum user

@mrping – permissions gone askew, i cant even open peoples profiles now so i cant PM them, or view their status forum profile updates…

Also can I have a signature colour fix in the next batch please

CMDR Ping
    Keymaster

Is there a proving ground or something I can do as an active player and forum user

No, but we need, 4 urine samples, a full torax X-Ray and 3 letters of recommendation from your previous employer, and a non refundable cheque for $5000.

That was a joke by the way. We just do it manually, the Centurions are the ones with access there, is where we share recipes and evil plans. You must be deemed worthy by your peers.

@mrping – permissions gone askew, i cant even open peoples profiles now so i cant PM them, or view their status forum profile updates…

I’ll check that.

NZSimian
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

There are a few of us who are ‘broken’, I’m wearing it as a badge of honour 😉

Anonymous

This was pretty helpful man

Anonymous

@mrping hey can I have an update for the forum rank image in the next batch it shows foederati but I am principes

CMDR Ping
      Keymaster

Updated, sorry about that.

Anonymous

Thankyou man

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.