Fun was had last night.

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Off-Topic --- Fun was had last night.

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.

Last night was the first night since I’ve been playing this game that there was NO issues at all, and it was a LOT of fun.

The Federation saw an incursion into their expansion target by a pack of 3 Clippers (2 Black and one unfashionable white one) which preceded to terrorize any passing target wearing the colors of Hudson.

I could not help to feel a bit sorry for some of our victims, as a CMDR in a Viper would get completely surrounded by three angry beasts the second after they got interdicted.

So, @meat @furstaide  , thanks for the fun, that was nice.  can’t wait to see some of the footage Furstaide got which might include a lot of my evil giggling.

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I’ve noticed the last few nights that i’ve been on it seems to be a little more stable.  Perhaps they are refining the back end code?  Here’s hoping.

Participant
      Principes

I had to break away from terrorizing Hundson’s CMDR to do some stuffs that i thought would take 15 minutes, but it turned out to be a hour. When i came back, i found the party was over. /sadface

We definitely need to do this more often.

On the other note, i refuse to taint my beloved. Clipper/Courier/Python/Anaconda with anything, but pink.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Keymaster
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.

I’ve noticed the last few nights that i’ve been on it seems to be a little more stable. Perhaps they are refining the back end code? Here’s hoping.

Maybe is the fact that 50% of the playerbase has dropped off, there is more room for us now.

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

This is also a possibility

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Leaving us grumpy old timers to duke it out.

There has been quite a bit of rumbling online about $/game hour ratio being met for many players (reference: my head & stuff it’s seen).

Me?  I’m just getting started.

My original end game was landing an Anaconda on Earth, on my house.

Now that the Feds realise I’m so freaking awesome (finally back south of friendly!), that’s not about to happen any time soon.

My end game is…..um….

I don’t even know.  I want whatever the Imperial version of an Anaconda is.  I want a Panther Clipper.  I want to land on planets.  I want to walk around my ship.  I want so much more.  I’m so far from my end game it’s not funny.

But as we’ve said before, this is a mature gamers game.  Kids will disappear afte a few months, we will still be here in a few years.

Participant
      Principes

well, we could do with more CMDRs in open though. i just spent 1-1/2 hours looking for trouble in Nanomam and one of the Hundson expansion system. Not a soul!

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I left the courier parked up there overnight – did you see it?  I’m sure we started with a bad instance.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

When I got into Nanomam, there were plenty of commanders, pythons, cobras, adders, vultures etc.

Then, once we were all there: nothing.

I left my FDL there over night, slaves instructed to wash the stink off every hour, I’ll jump on soon and see if there are any commanders around.

Participant

I’ve reported to Frontier – seeing this a little too often.

I know that the Feds are scared up there (on reddit there are many posts about staying out of open in Nanomam), but this is something else altogether.

I went on a tour of the core systems last night, and shot everything I could.  Not a player to be seen.

And yet when I got back to Nanomam I could see you guys – I don’t think we were winged at that point.

Participant

Good stuff. There were a few commanders in Nanomam today. It is something to do with us being all together. Maybe some sort of anti-ganking tech 😉

You are right though, even when I left the wing, it made no difference, no more commanders.

Participant

There were a number of commanders docked today, and I could see hazara in the gal map in same system. I couldn’t message him though (but could message haz jnr – and he was in a different system).

Tried to get a bite from the locally docked commanders, no response.

@hazara
      ; do you have specific port forwards, or just upnp?

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Nah mate – nothing changed – uPNP.

I took off from nanomam amidst a cloud of wreckage, jumped one system across & followed a CMDR (non aligned so I left him) – jumped back to Nanomam * just out of the station smoked a CMDR in a viper.

In SC and spend a half hour undermining with a fellow Imperial cmdr in an cobra – I messaged him saying I’ll leave him alone but never got a response.

I dont think its anti ganking tech, more we have been complaining that we cant see each other so we end up in our own server.

(we arent ganking anyway, if they support Hudson – dey get some love.)

Participant

I just got a response in from frontier, looks promising, sorta.

Issue appears to be, as we surmised, that we’re getting grouped together – which hurts our ability to see other commanders.

Keep those net logs handy, and verbose.

Mine got to about 47Mb on Friday, so I had to zip it, and rename it so I could append to my ticket.

also worth having a look on the ‘open a ticket’ page, and running the berkley net analyser – it’ll show you if you’re having DNS issues, etc, but also reports if your pc clock is out (mine was by 2seconds).

—————-

Thanks for getting in contact, that’s a ton of information for me to use but unfortunately it looks like there’s going to be a limited amount of things I can do to help you here, allow me to explain.

Near the start of the 1.3 patch some users discussed not being able to communicate with players (wings, comms, visibility etc). We started to look into it and found that a lot more players were unable to see other players. The result of this is that we figured out the best temporary workaround is to set up port forwarding for each of the users but this isn’t always sufficient.

As it stands, a lot of the tickets I’ve been tackling personally over the previous few weeks have been trying to figure out the original issue and it looks like we’re close to putting out some fixes for it. This is sort of awesome and sort of not, because I can now tell you that a fix should be coming in soon and I’d really appreciate it if you could let me know how the issue changes after the next patch, however it also means that you’ve already exhausted the workarounds I could try with you to get you connected better temporarily 🙁

I hope we’re able to get this patch fully tested and sent out soon as a lot of the player interaction is being hampered by this somewhat, as you’ve experienced.

Thanks for the huge amount of information, now we have it on record so if the issue persists beyond the networking improvement we can refer to that and the huge netlog you provided (which I now have, unzipped, thanks!) and we’ll be able to get a headstart on any future fixes 🙂

Thanks a lot for your patience, get your fingers crossed we can get this patch out soon!

Fly safe CMDR NZSimian,
      CMDR Vanguard
      Elite: Dangerous Customer Support Wing

Your Frontier Developments Team

Participant

This is good news – and yes, it looks like they are manually fixing people who have put in tickets.

This could also explain why new players lose hope so quickly.  Perhaps after we test the new patch Ping could send out an AI newsletter to all registered members?

Sketchy and I did a bit of testing in Lave last night, lets just say they are a higher caliber of playes up there than your average Hudson Supporter LOL

Participant

It looks like they are well on their way to getting a solution into our hard drives.

Nice work Simian. You know, I think we have met CMDR Vanguard in our drunken travels, I’ll check the videos out tonight.

I was totally off my game yesterday, made a couple of really daft decisions, bad head-space. Hazara is right, we ran into one of the best combat pilots I’ve seen. Totally outclassed us. I should have paid attention to his loadout, Imperial Clipper, I know he was only running two shield boosters, had two lots of chaff, one railgun, was it 3 pulse or 2 pulse lasers with one multi? But he must have been running stacks of shield cells.

Keen to save up some insurance and head back for another scrap. I didn’t get any video of the last one, I need to learn from it.

Participant

Sounds like a fun, expensive lesson 🙂

The last commander I managed to blow up was in a Courier…

Participant

The last commander I managed to blow up was in a Courier…

Hey, it was either you or him, given the chance, he would have rammed your ship too 😉

Participant
      Participant

You sick bastard

Participant

It’s coming right for us!!

I’ll be sure to yell this every time we engage an eagle.

It’s coming right for us!!

I face that problem every day in the Queen.

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.