HIP 20199 – EXPANSION

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Elite: Dangerous Discussion --- HIP 20199 – EXPANSION

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Well Done Angeli!

Thanks to your efforts over the last 6-8+ weeks, HIP 20199 is now in Expansion.  We should know in 3-5 days which system AIE’s new ‘branch office’ appears in.

Fox has done some research and based on this we have a good idea of which systems we’re most likely to appear in next.

In the meantime, any sort of positive activity (excepting the ‘Killing Grounds’ mission) in HIP 20199 or Wangal is encouraged – We dropped 3% influence – another NPC minor faction has moved into HIP 20199

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
      Participant
      Principes

What are the probable systems for expansion? Please don’t be Yuggera!

Participant
      Angel of DiscoveryCenturion

@Damorgs @baronvonschnellenstein @Mrping @Psylem @Hazara @all @everybody @thatmeansyou

We expanded to HIP20638 (Hence the new Blue Mob “faction swap” in HIP20199)

It’s an exclusively Extraction system with only one Outpost (Islam Works) 3,500 ls from the system’s star. It’s a Tiny Population Outpost with minimal facilities but thankfully it does have a Commodities market. I haven’t checked out the market offerings yet but I’m guessing the pickings will be slim.

Regardless, Angeli have expanded! Next step Sol!

Participant
      PrincipesSilver Angel

HIP 18187 please!

Participant
        CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

We don’t get a choice, unfortunately

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Time to fire up the Python.

Participant

The low population should make the influence grind quick and easy hopefully.

Participant

@DanDority:  Thanks for pointing out that HIP 20638 is where we expanded to already.  Looks like the HIP 20638 faction in HIP 20199 are ‘refugees’ from their ‘home’ system – they no longer exist in their ‘home’ system.

I wasn’t expecting the expansion to occur so suddenly – My understanding (pre-Horizons) was that you didn’t find where you expanded to until Expansion went into cooldown.  Nor was it expected that the expansion would be so far away.

The other thing, to answer @Psylem’s questions:

What are the probable systems for expansion? Please don’t be Yuggera!

@FoxCarignan
      kindly did some legwork based on some search parameters provided by moi.  Our estimation was that Expansion was likely to be to one of the following:

1. : Ilyaqa
        5 minor factions, tying with most of the other systems in the area. It is also only 6.68ly away.
      2. : Yugerra
        5 minor faction. 7.00ly distance exactly.
      3. : Guan Yun
        5 minor factions. 8.23ly distance.

The parameters of the search were:

1. Least amount of factions within <10ly; Preferably only 3-4 ‘existing’ factions in target system
      2. Least amount of factions within 10-15ly (if three systems not found with first pass)
      • Population did not factor into the analysis – In practice, it seems that population is the determinant if n systems are tied for least amount of factions
      • We did not expect to expand so far away (17 ly) given the multitude of nearby populated systems

Participant
      Centurion

Very odd.  I must admit that I had my suspicions that there might either be a random element, or a complicated algorithm involved in this (see the wiki page on hyperspace fuel consumption).

Ah hell!  We got a new system didn’t we?  I wish it had a name…

HIP 20199 - Assistant to the Custodian

An Epitome of Elegance... And Class

Participant

Has anyone watched the bgs live-stream they did a few days ago? I know someone made a post highlighting some of the major points they made in the MoM thread.

I haven’t had a good look at either yet, just gave the post a quick skim, but I’m sure some insights into the finer mechanics of expansion lie within.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I’d love to have a look at the station – but some bugger has blocked the landing pad (shakes fist at BvS)

So far I can see a compromised nav beacon and high res, will be a fun system!

Participant

Sorry @Hazara,

I’ve logged to main menu – the med pad is free

Participant
      Principes

Sorry, I can’t find / don’t have access to find a relevant forum for this. What do we do when we get to Wangal to help out with the election?

Participant
        CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

No need.. recover from the post election celebration hangover, and get yerself over to Potagos Port in Wangal for new AIE missions!

And, while you’re at it, have a look at the new system acquisition, HIP 20638, where I’m putting up a bar tab & free bacon at Islam Works!

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Frontier, I love you guys

Participant
      Principes

We’re so multicultural all of a sudden.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Bacon & bombs, my how things have changed…

So guys, since “they” are the local police, we increase influence by encouraging bad stuff to happen ay?

Participant

ps I watched half that BGS thread last night, very interesting..  As suspected, system population has a major influence…

Participant

Cummon guys – start a new thread in operations & tell me what to do.. I want to hit that nav beacon hard, but its not going to help angeli, also powerplay? – I dont think 20638 is a patreus system..

Participant
      CenturionAngel of StrategyAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Angeli Imperial Enterprise; ensuring Islam Works

Participant

Angeli Imperial Enterprise; ensuring Islam Works

😀

Cummon guys – start a new thread in operations & tell me what to do

I understand that the current order of the day is:

1. Shoot stuff with prejudice.
      2. Shoot it until it’s dead.
      3. Repeat until system ours.
      4. Rejoice.
      5. Be good citizens.

Am I missing anything?

😉

Participant

Am I missing anything?

Well, I think the importation of foodstuffs/beverages on ingress to shoot things is probably an unwritten standing order. – “Ah, Minister, there’s a Mr. Walker on the phone for you; Johnny, I think – Would you like to take the call in the ‘ops room’?”

Which leads to, (when BvS isn’t taking all the landing space) dock and see if there’s any AIE missions – beyond shooting stuff, this will of course, raise our influence

BTW: Check the Mission Status page – HIP 20638 is on the board there.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.