How do you play Elite?

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Off-Topic --- How do you play Elite?

This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Sketchy 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

CMDR Mutantrex
    Participant
    Triarii

So this is my setup for playing elite:

What’s yours?

Master of Chunks

NZSimian
    Participant
    CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Ok, that’s just cool

Hazara
    Participant
    CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Never tried putting my joystick between my legs – I guess I’m too worried about the family wondering what I’m bashing around down there…

Blue lights do my head in too, I’m a red person – but piss taking aside – nice setup mate.

CMDR Mutantrex
    Participant
    Triarii

I thought about going red. And I was worried the blue might be rough. But its actually a really soft light. Very easy on the eyes. All though now I’ve taken the braket that hols the joystick completely off and am using the mouse pad platform to hold the joystick.

Master of Chunks

Fox Carignan
    Participant
    Centurion

Nice mood lighting while you’re playing with the stick?

I’m afraid my setup is a HOTAS X (same HOTAS as you) set on my desk on either side of my keyboard, with a little armrest on the desk so I can hold my arm up easier.

HIP 20199 - Assistant to the Custodian

An Epitome of Elegance... And Class

Sketchy
    Participant
    CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I have the same HOTAS, it lasted exactly one year until a main button gave up (last night). Maybe I’m a rough bugger, but I’m unimpressed.
    Hope your one is still going well.
    I like that you have welded brackets to the chair, dedication.

Fox Carignan
      Participant
      Centurion

Mine still works well.  But I spend allot of time chauffeuring it to and from the spa.  Did you just give you HOTAS those strip-mall pedicures?  It wont last that way you know!

Sketchy
      Participant

I want what you are on.

Sketchy
    Participant

Bought a Saitek Pro Flight X52 online without thinking 🙂

Rex’s fault for talking about it.

NZSimian
      Participant

Seriously cool.

I would be so dead right now if I tried to sneak something like that in the house.

As Mrs Simian uses the PC to work from during the day (damn home office!), she would probably notice.

Sketchy
      Participant

I haven’t told Mrs Sketchy yet…it looks quite different to mine too, so she’ll notice, not sure how I’ll work it into the conversation. Probably should before she sees it on the credit card bill.

Anyone want my old stick? One of the 15ish buttons doesn’t work. T-Flight HOTAS Thrustmaster. I’ll ship it for free in NZ 🙂

NZSimian
      Participant

Hey hey, I’ll stick my hand up for it – I’ll PM you in a mo 🙂

Sketchy
      Participant

Sounds good man.

CMDR Mutantrex
    Participant
    Triarii

Hooray!

Master of Chunks

Xsannz
    CenturionAngel of DiscoveryAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement MissionAngel of Trade

Just do what I do with Mrs xsannz.

Unpack it after getting courier to work, then one evening go and stick it in the cupboard under the stairs where I keep all my old gear, and then next time she is awake I go rummaging in there looking for something and haul it out and say might try this old gear again….

And promptly sell your old gear to make room.

And it’s better to buy the toy and ask forgiveness and get the same grief than ask get declined  and get grief

Assistant Angeli Imperial Custodian (Wangal)

Qui Desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum. | Quis custodiet Ipsos custodes.
    Nascentes morimur. | Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

LuminousMonkey
    Participant
    Principes

Here’s my setup. I had to sneak in the throttle and stick in too.

DAMORGS
    SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

IMG_3938

Xsannz
    CenturionAngel of DiscoveryAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement MissionAngel of Trade

Warthog hotas, saitek combat pro pedals, trackir5 with ir less on headset.

Razer tiamat 7.1 headset.

Crossover 2650x1440p monitor main screen.

Shimian 2650x1440p secondary monitor for videos and monitoring etc (has 1 or two dead pixels.)

Wanting a third monitor to play triple screen or going to sell these both and by a 3560x1440p acer predator curved 34inch as a primary monitor but I think that’s a pipe dream.

Pc is a i7 4690k with 16gb 1866 ddr3, 980ti g1 graphics.

120gb Ssd boot

250gb Ssd game drive

1tb install application drive.

3tb dump and download storage drive.

Hazara
    Participant
    CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Damn you all, now I have to clean my desk…

CMDR Mutantrex
    Participant
    Triarii

Everyones setup looks so clean. My desk has shit all over it….

Master of Chunks

Hazara
    Participant

Here you go you buggers…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Fox Carignan
    Participant
    Centurion

Damn you Hazara… I am so jealous.

Sketchy
    Participant

I’m jealous of the lot, mine is very standard, old school-office, with a plant and no flash lighting.

On the subject of the Thrustmaster HOTAS, is that it I spy in the Muse – Reapers video clip?

In the first minute of video.

Xsannz

Does look like the one..

they should have got the warthog, its actually what is really used..

Sketchy
      Participant

Cutting production costs is my guess 🙂

I just did a search on it, it has been talked about on Reddit, 8 months ago, so I’m a bit slow.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.