In Game DAMORGS Group

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Elite: Dangerous Discussion --- In Game DAMORGS Group

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Some of you may have noticed the DAMORGS group in game was disbanded, I wanted to see what impact it would have.  It’s been almost a week now, and my question is this, do we need it or not?

If yes, why?

Discuss.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Useful as a register – I was in the habit of checking it when I first logged in, and would add any online commanders from the group to friends.
      I’ve also seen some of our team using it as a private group, I guess to keep out of open but still see some commanders.
      It probably needed a clean out, however…

Participant
      Foederati

Ah, well this explains why my search didn’t turn up the group when I followed the instructions on the register page of the website a couple of days ago! (might want to get that changed).

From an new member’s perspective I don’t personally see any significant  reason to have a private group to play in. I think playing in open should be encouraged. If you don’t want to deal with players then you can always go solo (and obviously doing actions against npcs for the AIE cause.)

However a private group could be situationally useful for special faction events if any were ever planned, meet ups, races or anything else you don’t want randoms to crash. However it should really be a closed group in those cases. A private group could be useful as a platform for mentoring junior players through their first steps too.

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I’ve reopened it, we’ll see what happens.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Yeah, its needed. 90% of my friends have come from looking whose online in Damorgs.  The rest are players who I’ve attacked & wanted to hunt down….

Perhaps rename Angeli?

Unfortunately I can’t pick a name for it.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Solicit the higher order?  We are a minor faction, FD have invested time in us.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Totally worth having the DaMorgs group, just to see the new members and friend them. It is apparent a high percentage don’t hang around.

Quality over quantity.

Q u a l i t y  🙂

I could buy another account and just name it? HIGHLY doubt I’d actually use the account though, other than logging in and accepting members etc.

CenturionFounding Angel

My 2c as a newb, the group is needed as i’ve no way unless i run into them down a dark Wangal alleyway (keep it mature there are junior cadets about) to find and add active members.

However…. you should just delete it monthly/bi monthly/6monthly so that member have to rejoin. It takes 2 seconds to search for it in game and apply after every purge and will help keep it current.

My 2c as a newb, the group is needed as i’ve no way unless i run into them down a dark Wangal alleyway (keep it mature there are junior cadets about) to find and add active members. However…. you should just delete it monthly/bi monthly/6monthly so that member have to rejoin. It takes 2 seconds to search for it in game and apply after every purge and will help keep it current.

I like this idea, I might do that.

Participant
      Angel of DiscoveryCenturion

To echo the sentiments expressed above, I think as long as we lack a formal roster elsewhere we should keep the group, I find it the only way to connect to new members (most people don’t seem to like forums). In fact the group is probably superior to a roster for the reasons Mori pointed out.

CenturionAngel of DiscoveryAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement MissionAngel of Trade

I’ll add to this as well, I often use the Group to find online people.

Assistant Angeli Imperial Custodian (Wangal)

Qui Desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum. | Quis custodiet Ipsos custodes.
      Nascentes morimur. | Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.