Instancing/Wing errors

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Elite: Dangerous Discussion --- Instancing/Wing errors

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

We’ve all encountered this, so please follow the instructions & post in the bug forum

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=160601

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

My installation directory is

C:\Program Files (x86)\Frontier\EDLaunch\Products\FORC-FDEV-D-1003

Not the one stated in the link.

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

So is that so they can see the issues or is that a fix?  I’m confused.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Nope, not a fix, but getting the logs out of your E:D folder and into Frontier’s hands might help them fix it…

Personally, I’d configured a NAT rule to a specified port for E:D – my firewall admin (me) doesn’t like uPNP…

As per:

elite set custom port forward

But, I notice that the specified changes are overwritten whenever I get an E:D update.  Which isn’t too useful.

Participant

Just make sure you enable the logging first, then when we have an issue, they want the logs from all in the wing…

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

So, my appConfig.xml now has the following in the network block:

<Network
      Port=”51000″
      upnpenabled=”0″
      LogFile=”netLog”
      DatestampLog=”1″
      ReportSentLetters=”1″
      ReportReceivedLetters=”1″
      VerboseLogging=”1″
      >

upnpenabled=”0″ – self explainatory

Port=”51000″ – the UDP port you’d want to forward from your firewall

Everything else:

logging stuff.

Participant

@Vyvian @DaMorgs @Furstaide – I posted a ticket with my netlog, last night was disheartening not being able to properly instance.

Did it get any better after you took the fight “home”?

Participant

@Hazara; do you think could be related to the # of commanders in the system?

In a really active system (near the 32 limit), if you turn up in a wing of 4 it pushes you out of instance or something?

Participant

Nope – no CMDRs at all – and we were looking for them! LOL

We did bump into a non-Angeli CMDR, a Patreus man in a FDL.

Ended up winged with him sharing points with Viv & Taragocia.

Participant

Well, there goes that theory.

Maybe everyone else in the entire known universe was in bed?

Participant
      CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

They’ve definitely broken something between Thurs night and Fri night AEST.

Flying was as smooth as silk Wed/Thu. Not _too_ many dramas with transaction server with respect to getting / updating missions via the station BBSes

After the forced E:D Launcher install Fri night:
      – graphics jerky, particularly when doing “high-G” manoevers
      – often _very_ slow to update bulletin board when Accepting a mission
      – exiting SC also quite dodgy compared to last two patches

– graphics update a bit better today (so restart between E:D launches), but other two issues persistent.

Bizarrely, graphics screen update is tied to their netcode, the latter they appear to have “pooched” right royally – again :@

:-/

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
      Participant

Agreed – having no end of bollox tonight.

ages to actually connect, and my FSD tether doesn’t trigger most of the time…

Although, some of that is probably tied to my mainboard dying…

Participant

Beautiful instancing tonight… had a blast!

Participant

and a blast

Participant

(and a few bounties)

Participant

and an email..

Hi there,

Such problems are usually encountered when one of the connected clients is unable to use UPnP to open a port on their NAT. The game is then forced to fall back onto a backup system. This system is unfortunately not 100% reliable and will cause this behaviour.

Additionally, there seems to be a bug in the latest release that prevents clients connected through the same router to communicate with each other. This should be resolved shortly.

I have checked the files you have attached and they seem to indicate that your connection is correctly configured to allow playing elite without such problems. There are however a lot of cases where communication was impossible because messages were received damaged beyond repair and had to be discarded.

In this case, the issues likely originated on one of the other clients, I’m afraid.

Fly Safe and Kind Regards,

CMDR Vega

Elite: Dangerous Customer Support
      Participant

My galaxy map suggests that I have a shed load of missions around where we were last night.

i think they’re likely to all fail somehow 😉

Participant

Good man – Did the same last week, I’m guessing those starving masses will have to come up with something else LOL

Participant

Hahaha, great fun guys. A little one sided, but that’s how it appears, due to the overwhelming might of the Empire.
      On topic: I’ll set this up too, make sure I’m not holding us back. Judging from last night though, it was running well.

Participant

I got a message back from support on my ticket – all positive, specially when he signed off “Hail the Emperor”

Its definately worth logging and posting your logs!

Such problems are usually encountered when one of the connected clients is unable to use UPnP to open a port on their NAT. The game is then forced to fall back onto a backup system. This system is unfortunately not 100% reliable and will cause this behaviour.

Additionally, there seems to be a bug in the latest release that prevents clients connected through the same router to communicate with each other. This should be resolved shortly.

Participant

Not sure about you guys, but I lost some friends last nigh, LOL

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
        Participant

I doubt you lost any friends, but you made enemies 🙂

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Going back to the original post – I nw have the steam version and can’t find this folder anywhere.  I’ve even looked in where the original post said.

Participant

As per above post, we now have a Kill On Sight Target, NZSimian has confirmed he is a FED friendly player.

Participant

Yeah, mine was in a differenet place – Friends dont let friends buy ED throught Steam –

Participant

Wow, did we derail this thread a little? LOL, blimmin inconsiderate kiwis 🙂

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.