Material Locations

Home --- Forums --- Angeli Imperial Operations --- Exploring Forum --- Material Locations

Tagged: 

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  CMDR Mutantrex 2 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

DAMORGS
    SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

OK, if somebody hasn’t already started this, I’m done it.  I’m adding a spreadsheet of all materials I find and their locations.  It should be an open spreadsheet, when you get data, please put it here, it will come in handy in the long run for crafting etc.

Spreadsheet

CMDR Genisis X
    Participant
    Triarii

Is crafting a thing yet, or will that be in a future update?

-X

Eat Plasma!

DAMORGS
    SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

It’s a future update but at the moment you can use materials to upgrade/repair modules/weapons.

DAMORGS

At the moment, I’m listing all elements found, so far it appears the rare elements come from outcrops.  A lot of the others (Nickel/Phosphorous/Sulphur etc) appear very common everywhere.

Any explorers out there wishing to give me a hand please do so.

And @genisisx, they are some of the worst jokes I have ever heard!!  😛

Blain Crighton
    Participant
    CenturionAngel of StrategyAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Metallic meteors are also a great place to find rarers ones.

I having been recording the meteor finds however as I figure they should be rather “random” being chunks falling from the sky they could land anywhere on any planet, so have confined my recordings to only the outcrops which, in theory, should be based on local geography

Blain Crighton
    Participant
    CenturionAngel of StrategyAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Cadmium and vandium are what we are missing for level 2 FSD boosts

My trip to Mudhrid is to see what we can find there, I know it is a bit away from AIE systrms, but was my old Home base, and has rich rocky and ice worlds which i am curious to see what they have one hand.

If Ice worlds have no natural minerals, being ice, then the rich might refer to meteor deposits.

CMDR Genisis X
    Participant
    Triarii

I am to please.

And by please I mean severely  dissapoint.

-X

Eat Plasma!

DAMORGS

I think the best bet is to reduce the spreadsheet to just rares and very rare.  The other materials seem to pop up no matter what planet you’re on.

Again, anybody wishing to assist and update the sheet they are very welcome.  It’s an open document.

Evil Ed
    Participant
    Principes

Sheet updated with Ixbakald 1. Interesting find is Tungsten which is used in premium small caliber, large caliber and high velocity ammo.

-CMDR Evil Ed-

Evil Ed
    Participant
    Principes

Prospecting continues in Ixbakald system with some interesting results. On Ixbakald 2A sources of Vanadium and Mercury has been identified. Initial work on Ixbakald 2B indicates that Tellurium can be found but most important are the metallic meteors containing Cadmium. Cadmium is the 4th component discovered by Angeli Imperial prospectors for synthesising Standard FSD injection which provides 50% extra jump range for our deep space explorers. Cadmium is also needed for premium plasma ammuntion, but to finalize this prospectors are looking for the final ingredient which is Technetium.

-CMDR Evil Ed-

DAMORGS

Nice work Ed, I found Vanadium and Cadmium yesterday but they were about 350LY out so I didn’t bother recording them.  Nice to know we can get them in Ixbakald now. 🙂

Evil Ed
    Participant
    Principes

Ixbakald 2E is definitely the place to go if looking for FSD-boosts. I’ve come across several hotspots with multiple metallic meteors containing Vanadium and Germanium needed for the +25% jump range. Nice planet in general with good driving conditions and many interesting materials.

Still looking for a reliable Cadmium source, that single unit found on Ixbakald 2B is not enough.

-CMDR Evil Ed-

Blain Crighton
    Participant

Anyone checking out HIP 210199 A

I am sure it wasn’t landable in Beta

DAMORGS

Yes I went there a week or so ago, found the usuals plus:

Ruthenium
    Cadmium
    Zinc
    Tin
    Manganese

Evil Ed
    Participant
    Principes

I went to Wangal A2 for the Arsenic but actually found Cadmium at several locations. Wangal A2 seems to be a planet with a lot of interesting materials.

-CMDR Evil Ed-

DAMORGS

Cool, yeah we seem to be in a pretty good position material wise.  Not much that we struggle to find.

CMDR Mutantrex
    Participant
    Triarii

@damorgs I think this should really be a sticky.

Master of Chunks

DAMORGS

@damorgs I think this should really be a sticky.

I think you’re probably right.

CMDR Mutantrex
    Participant
    Triarii

Hooray! Thanks boss man

Master of Chunks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.