New Newsletter, and With It New Features!

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Elite: Dangerous Discussion --- New Newsletter, and With It New Features!

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Centurion

If you haven’t already, you should all take a look at the newest edition of the Frontier Developments Newsletter.  It details  many new features that will be introduced in the Horizons expansion season including but not limited to:

Commander Creator, a character customization option which ties into…

Multi-Crew Ships!  Commanders of ships with more than 1 seat will now be able to invite other commanders onto the ship to split up the work load of operating systems like weapons, flight and…

Fighter Docking Bays!  Ships suck as the Anaconda will be able to carry small craft inside of their docking bay, for use either by AI or any of the bridge crew!  In the Anaconda description it is mentioned a Sidewinder can fit in the docking bay, but in the newsletter they showed a Condor flying out of one.  This hopefully means that to anyone disappointed that they could not take an F63 outside of CQC will hopefully be able to.

Lastly, as was previously announced but I felt the need to include it anyway.  Loot and Crafting, is a subject I would love to hear some feedback on.  I don’t know how they will implement it so I can’t come up with an opinion for it as of yet.  What are your thoughts?

Fly safe Commanders,

HIP 20199 - Assistant to the Custodian

An Epitome of Elegance... And Class

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

All of this pales in comparison to one feature:

COMMANDER BRABEN BOBBLEHEAD – PRE ORDER

😉

Multi crewed ships? Hell yeah!

Your co-pilot finding out too late that you’re going on a quick, 150,000 LY tour of the Galaxy? Hell yeah!

Mutinies? Hell yeah!

In frontier, some larger ships were impossible to pilot unless you had the crew, which could mean weeks (game time), waiting in ports to hire people.

And if you couldn’t/wouldn’t pay them, they’d up and leave.

I wonder how that would work…?

Participant
      Centurion

True.  The bobbleheads are the most important of all the changes!  This will change the experience for everyone!

Participant
        CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

The bobbleheads are the most important of all the changes!

^^^ What he said! ^^^

Seriously though, if all of this is coming in “Season 2”, along with linked missions and is of sufficient quality (unlike powerplay), every dot-point release might very well make most punters happy.

That was _quite_ a dev update. Hopefully, this means FD have the ‘foundation’ about where they want it. Bully for FD if they can get all of this in and done well!

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
        Participant
        Centurion

You remind me of what I’ve been worrying about.  I am wondering if they will be able to deliver the new updates to a high standard.  Of course I hope they do, but I cannot help but be skeptical.

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Multi crew ships.  Who wants to come fly with The Queen? 🙂

I may or may not have just wet myself.

My question is this; will they form part of the wing or do they become part of the one ship meaning Pilot, 2 crew members and 3 wingmen?  I hope and pray it’s the latter.  I’ve wanted this since day 1.

I wonder with Commander Creator have they considered the EA Sports system of scanning your own face into the game?  How awesome would it be to see YOU flying your ship!!

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I wonder with Commander Creator have they considered the EA Sports system of scanning your own face into the game?

I’ve already scanned my face…  You don’t need to wonder what I look like IRL – I’m using it as my avatar here 😉

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

^^ truth

Participant
      CenturionAngel of StrategyAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I wonder how many Aisling Lookalikes we will get

Participant
      Angel of DiscoveryCenturion

I think I’ve finally been convinced to pre-order Horizons. I’d still like to see something added to exploration but who knows, that might happen more quietly.

For anyone interested in watching the presentation at EGX:

Participant
        Centurion

What of Planetary Landings?  If they add enough interesting and rare stuff on planet surfaces it might convince me to start to planetary exploration.  Seems like a big addition to the career field?

Participant

Good posts crew. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.