No Man's Sky

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Other Games --- No Man's Sky

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Hazara 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author

Sketchy
    Participant
    CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I see this is available for pre-order, NZD$90.

I watched a half hour long game play YouTube clip, it looks interesting enough. As always, I am concerned it will take away from my time playing ED 🙂

Anyone going to purchase?

DAMORGS
    SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

It’s a HUGE maybe for me.

CMDR Genisis X
    Participant
    Triarii

Yea, me too. It could be amazing, or it could be an overpriced tech demo.

Also: preorders are the devil

-X

Eat Plasma!

Sketchy
    Participant
    CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Yeah, good point. I’ll wait for the release, then decide.

In the words of Eric Cartman: You know what you get for pre-ordering a game? A big dick in the mouth.

Baron von Schnellenstein
    Participant
    CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I got NMS (aka No Man’s Lie on many a steam forum/review) with the PS4, so I gave it a crack.

Overpriced tech demo is an apt description.

[EDIT: Something _like_ this, but a whole lot more satisfying is Empyrion: Galactic Survival – I’m sure @xsannz posted something about that a long while back – It’s come a long way since then]

There’s a story there to follow, but the big cons are:

• You get one ship to fly
    • There doesn’t seem to be much point in ‘discovering’ flora and fauna
    • Did a _lot_ of walking before finding the bits to repair my ship, which …
    • at that point, I wasn’t all that inspired to keep going

In the end, I didn’t find it particularly engaging.  Certainly not worth A$50 – $60.  Having played it, I’d balk at even A$20.  Maybe worth a look at A$15 or less.

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!

Hazara
    Participant
    CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Yeah, the kids love it – but is a pretty dull game once you scratch the surface..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.