No oculas support…

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Elite: Dangerous Discussion --- No oculas support…

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  LuminousMonkey 2 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

metrod7274
    Participant
    PrincipesSilver Angel

Devs said not oculas but

.steam VR? Well then I guess

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Xsannz
    CenturionAngel of DiscoveryAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement MissionAngel of Trade

This is incorrect, Braben and Brookes have both said they will support all VR.

However currently because Vive have a stable and market ready driver and SDK it is easier to integrate into the game and this why dev is focusisng on that.

Occulus broke compatibility between 0.6 and 0.8 sdk, and said that they may break it again with the 1.0 sdk release

Since the Cobra engine used by ED writted by frontier has to manually make these changes each time shit is broken its mush harder for them to agree to do a whole dev cycle until there is a stable release and future releases are backward compatibile ..

unlike other games that can pick up the changes more quickly like UE4 based games because occulus thmselves write a plugin direct for that engine.

Project cars is another one that is in the same boat as ED

Assistant Angeli Imperial Custodian (Wangal)

Qui Desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum. | Quis custodiet Ipsos custodes.
    Nascentes morimur. | Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

CMDR Mutantrex
    Participant
    Triarii

So…. I should still buy an occulus? I don’t want it if I can’t use it with elite. Lol

Master of Chunks

LuminousMonkey
    Participant
    Principes

You will be able to use it with Elite, it’s just “when” you’ll be able to use it.

You don’t necessarily have to get it now (I think current pre-orders have an ETA of June/July?).

I’ve heard people say that the Vive will be much more expensive too, but I wouldn’t put much stock in that until an actual price from Valve gets released.

I’ve got my Occulus on order, so I’ll just have to see how it goes.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.