Peer to peer connection question

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Elite: Dangerous Discussion --- Peer to peer connection question

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

The fastest internet connection I can get is 4G, I see that the phones are cheap enough for me to buy and just use for PvP, when I am having trouble seeing someone/anyone.

My connection allows for 10Mb/sec down and 6Mb/sec up. This is actually what I am getting when I test it. 4G is claiming 100Mbps in my area.

Question is: Is a faster connection really what I need, or is it the ping rate between peers that affects who you see?

Anyone tried it?

CenturionAngel of DiscoveryAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement MissionAngel of Trade

Ping rate is more important.

And cell ping is Shite.

I was a cellular and exchange tech for 5 years.

Assistant Angeli Imperial Custodian (Wangal)

Qui Desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum. | Quis custodiet Ipsos custodes.
      Nascentes morimur. | Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Ah, thought that might be the case, ED doesn’t move all that much data. Thank you.

So, my ping rates are, using Ookla Speedtest:
      15 via my phone to work wifi connection – Uber.
      59 via 3G on my phone – Vodafone.
      27 via 4G on friend’s phone – Vodafone.
      16 via my work computer – Uber.
      14 from my ED home computer – Uber
      17 via my phone to home wifi connection – Uber.

So 14 looks like my lowest ping, and it is on the comp I use for ED.
      I have another computer that this one connects to wirelessly, for the internet, so will run it on that and see if I am losing much.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.