Push it!

This topic contains 88 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  NZSimian 2 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Hazara
    Participant
    CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I dropped a few mill in bounties to HIP 20199 but am seething that I am away for work so I have come up with a plan.

Some of you may have seen the little Elite Dangerous ship models I’ve been doing.

Well, I’m putting up a couple for CMDRS who get noticed helping AIE in 20199.

Our C&C is absolute rule, but we’re looking for:

New CMDRS doing the good work

Seasoned CMDRS who are there every night

AIE – inner wheel, look out for people who are there every night, who you see in system, who you see on the map going back & forward etc.  Post a mention of who you see to the C&C and he will make his decisions.

DAMORGS
    SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Been watching all week

DAMORGS
    SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

CMDRS seen by me in HIP 20199 so far:

• Baron von Schnellenstein
    • Sketchy
    • Hazara
    • Mutantrex
    • NZSimian

Baron von Schnellenstein
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission
      • Psylem
      • Mudskipper
      • JonnyKreng

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!

mudskipper
    Participant
    Foederati

Been trucking out of FAB for a bit now Virgil, Angel Jobs only mostly. At Lord 40% toward Baron…The pay here Sux.

BTW Clipper or Python next?

NZSimian
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

If you have the money (120M Cr should do it), then the Python for AIE missions (it can land at outposts, and is a freaking tank).

If you have the money and any self respect, get the Clipper.

You may be limited to landing at larger stations, but that’s where all the hot chicks are anyway.

If you have the money (again 120M Cr is a good start), an FdL is a great investment in the ‘kill stuff’ lineup.

*Disclaimer; have both.

Missions (and crying into my beer) in the Python, joy riding (chasing/killing/etc) in the Clipper.

FdL may have been retired for the time being…

Hazara
    Participant
    CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Okay, tonight I am system security, do powerplay targets have any influence in system stability or should I ignore them?

Baron von Schnellenstein
    Participant
    CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Short answer is:

• don’t know.  Even if PP targets are supposed to affect general BGS, assume its broken
    • Safer to ignore PP

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!

Baron von Schnellenstein
    Participant

AIE are now 60% influence in AIE.  Good efforting this last week, CMDRs!

DAMORGS

Indeed, very well done.  I will (sanity permitting) continue to push, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sketchy
    Participant
    CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Good work guys. I’m not doing that again for a while, it was mind-numbing, but glad the outcome was positive.

DAMORGS

Well, with only 10% to go until expansion, and then eventually a new system, Skethy’s usual services will be required 😛

Hazara
    Participant

Good work guys!  I’ll carry on keeping the system “safe”.

DAMORGS

I’m still running those much needed slaves and missions.

We may need an ‘Above and Beyond’ ribbon for some members of the Angeli 🙂

NZSimian
    Participant

I’ll do some woman’s work in the kitchen, grab a beer and see you up there in 1/2 hr.

DAMORGS

Let’s target end of the week for expansion 🙂

Hazara
    Participant

Anyone know where there’s a black market in our area?  Have tried wangal, andr, guan yun and none have them anymore!

DAMORGS

Shong?

NZSimian
    Participant

So, I accidentally interdicted a cobra tonight (it happens! Stop judging me!), and (since he wasn’t my target), I let him go.

Anyway, for some reason, he turned up in every interdiction I made in Ilyaqa, until I got annoyed and decompressed his hull.
    By which time I’d had a go at the system patrol. And a random Adder. And more system patrol.
    And some others. But they shot first. Mostly.
    Lasers for everybody!

Problem is, that there’s a cute bar maid at Stebbins Hub… Let’s call her Juliette (because I can’t remember her name), and let’s also say that she’s related to someone in the local gang called the Camora.
    It may be possible that a few members of this group have been shot at by someone this evening.
    Interesting fact; apparently the Camora used to be called “Capulet” back on old earth.

Anyway, it’s safe to assume that I probably won’t be invited into the members only section of the bar for a while…

DAMORGS

LMFAO!!

I mean….ahem….stop that, you’re giving us a bad name….

Baron von Schnellenstein
    Participant

Entertaining action report, as usual @nzsimian!

AIE have now hit 65.0% influence in HIP 20199.

Ingoring important (to many folks, not necessarily moi) things like easter, easter hols, etc, we are a good chance to go above 70% influence by Saturday’s server tick if we keep plugging away

DAMORGS

Well, I’m on leave as of Saturday night, so I can be there to continue pushing after tonight.

Hazara
    Participant

I failed about 6 mill in missions (4mill  in one for 70 bounty hunters)

Paid about $450k in fines (forgot to jettison cargo)

Cashed in about 1.5 mill in bounties from wanted targets and PP in HIP 20199 only

Might be able to do the same again but may be time limited to to the birth of jesus holiday thing..

NZSimian
    Participant

Might be able to do the same again but may be time limited to to the birth of jesus holiday thing..

I thought it was the erection of Jesús “El Saviour” Christ we were celebrating?

The second coming?

Jeebus, I dunno anymore.

Hazara
    Participant

Nah, pretty sure its the birth of jesus, thats why we have easter eggs, you know.. new life – just born etc…

NZSimian
    Participant

Isn’t that Christmas?

I’m all confused now.

Mmm, beer.

Psylem
      Participant
      Principes

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen little baby jebus christmas cards. Easter is about the bunny in the cave that they have to use the holy hand grenade to defeat.

Sketchy
      Participant

Yeah, Friday marks his death, Sunday the resurrection. Can’t recall what the egg is for though? An empty cave or just rebirth? Didn’t you guys pay attention while they were reading that book, you know, The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe?
      I bought so much beer this weekend. Gonna celebrate the shit out of it.

Psylem
      Participant
      Principes

Yeah, Friday marks his death, Sunday the resurrection. Can’t recall what the egg is for though? An empty cave or just rebirth? Didn’t you guys pay attention while they were reading that book, you know, The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe? I bought so much beer this weekend. Gonna celebrate the shit out of it.

The egg symbolises the holy hand grenade, derr…! That was back in the days when kids couldn’t afford real grenades so they just used eggs.

The tradition goes something like, you buy a bunny and egg the fluf out of it then roast it all and thank King Arthur for the 4 day weekend!

I’ve also stocked up on the beers and I’ve bags sleeping in tomorrow morning.

Psylem
    Participant
    Principes

Update in 45 minutes. Hope that doesn’t impact on the expansion.

NZSimian
    Participant

“O LORD, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy.”

Amen, brother

Baron von Schnellenstein
    Participant

Ah, the holy hand grenade (of Antioch) …

“Thou shalt not count to two, unless thou proceedeth to three

Thou shalt not count to four

and five … <8va>is right out!</8va>*

btw, I’m areligious, but: “Don’t f— with the [hez-oos], man!”

* For the non musically-inclined: 8va means: “Go up [in pitch by] an octave”

Psylem
    Participant
    Principes

* For the non musically-inclined: 8va means: “Go up [in pitch by] an octave”

I did not know that!

DAMORGS

It’s got big sharp pointy teeth!

Psylem
    Participant
    Principes

Fuuuu… my client is still too old and too new!!!!

Baron von Schnellenstein
    Participant

We’ve passed 70% influence in HIP 20199 as at the last server tick.

BOOM status still active

No sign of ‘Expansion Pending’ – yet – lets see what we have in tomorrow’s server tick.

Well done all concerned who helped with getting HIP 20199 this far!  Need to keep it ticking over to stay above 70% until HIP 20199 goes into Expansion status

CMDR Mutantrex
    Participant
    Triarii

Hooray! Gotta keep pushing then!

Master of Chunks

Hazara
    Participant

We’ve passed 70% influence in HIP 20199 as at the last server tick.

<h1>Well done crew!!</h1>
    @damorgs – pick 3 CMDRS and I’ll send them models (Did you ever post a photo of yours?  I still havent made one of them myself…)

DAMORGS

So far

BvS
    Shkaypow

and I’ll let you know the 3rd once I remember, I may be red wine enhanced currently

Baron von Schnellenstein
      Participant

I’ve been on at quite unsociable hours (for east coast Australia) and I’ve seen a fair bit of Psylem doing the good work for AIE.

@damorgs, perhaps exchange my name for Psylem in your list above, then you still have a space for your as yet unnamed third nominee, when that name manages to swim back to the surface of your conscious thought :p

DAMORGS

As custodian it is your responsibility.  I get that.  It is also mine, but being as I have to give out the rewards, I can’t really name myself :P.  However, you have also done the lion’s share and should have some reward.  As such my 3 CMDRS are:

BvS
    Shkaypow
    Psylem

All other pilots should receive a ribbon as well.

Psylem
    Participant
    Principes

Oooh, thanks. Yeah, I’m a night owl helping out where I can. I’m not sure my measly missions are making a huge impact though.

Dan Dority
    Participant
    Angel of DiscoveryCenturion

I know I’ve been out of the loop, but I’m fairly sure the influence required for expansion is 75%. Unless something has changed recently?

From Walt Kerman last December

I’ve seen other crazy percentages thrown about in threads; 80%, 85%, 90%! But Walt is a reliable source it’s just a matter of whether his data has become out of date since he made that post.

We may need to push a little harder… (Hoping I’m wrong)

[EDIT] Influence up to 72.8% as at time of writing

Baron von Schnellenstein
      Participant

You’re almost certainly correct, Dan.

For some reason DaMorgs and I thought it was 70% last few times we’ve chatted about it, then when 70% arrived and nothing happened for a couple of days, we were thinking it was 80% and then we should trawl our earlier AI forum topics because we thought Vyv had listed the actual number a while back.

Xsannz
    CenturionAngel of DiscoveryAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement MissionAngel of Trade

I dropped a bit more last night as i was workign late, being on a major release at work and on call working some crazy hours.

Assistant Angeli Imperial Custodian (Wangal)

Qui Desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum. | Quis custodiet Ipsos custodes.
    Nascentes morimur. | Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

DAMORGS

Yeah we seem to recall 80% was the expansion level, benice if it was 75% but either way, we’re almost there.

Hi XSannz, we were talking about you last night!  BvS mentioned he hadn’t seen you in a while and I had it in my head you’d gone on holiday lol.  Turns out you’re working, I knew you were busy elsewhere but couldn’t remember what 😛

Every little helps.

Hazara
    Participant

Okay

@baronvonschnellenstein
    @shkaypow
    @psylem

Pick what you want & what colour – can do blue, green, black & red – black doesnt look that good I recon – hides too much detail.

Send a postal address via pm – I’ll get them cut & hopefully in the post early next week.

I have the Siddy, Cobra, type 7, asp, courier, clipper, cutter, ferdy, dbx, vulture – have done an annie but dont know how it came out!  If you are despirate for something not listed let me know, but I have had issues grabbing models of ships like the viper.

Any finer winglets etc dont come out.

The courier & clipper are very difficult to build – they will take a few hours for you to build!  Whereas the likes of the siddy/cobra are pretty quick to put together.

I have posted most here, I only finished the clipper last night so dont have any pics yet..

http://angeliimperial.com/forums/topic/3d-images/

Psylem
      Participant
      Principes

Thanks Hazara, I think a blue Cobra would look awesome.

Shkaypow
    Participant
    Principes

I’m honoured and amazed at this. Is this a hobby or do you work with this stuff as your occupation?

Thank you so much for your consideration. A green Diamondback Explorer in lieu of the Type-9 would look good on my desk 🙂

I don’t have access to PM you  though I’m afraid.

Hazara
    Participant

@psylem – Your Cobra is being cut at the moment.. Its the biggest cobra I have done & will look great!  In your PM you didnt say what country!

@shkaypow – get your post count up or pester @mrping or @damorgs to give you access.  I have spent a bit more time thinking, and came up with a way – I can do the type9 heavy…  If you like green I can do a big one!  (green is fast to cut – only taking about 20 mins per sheet, blue takes 30+)

Baron von Schnellenstein
    Participant

@damorgs – thank ye for the commendation

@hazara – Special thanks for putting up instances of your creations as awards for this operation!

Hazara, please sign me up for a ‘mini’ cutter in whichever colour foam is easiest/quickest for you. (NB:  It was a very close call b/w Courier and Cutter)

A couple of questions on construction:
    – What type of adhesive do you recommend for holding the sheets together?  I’m guessing the solvents in model glue or yer’ standard UHU contact adhesive is likely to pooch the foam
    – I was thinking of painting mine.  (Games workshop white spray undercoat is the key here) – Any known paints / solvents to steer clear of?

Hazara
    Participant

Hey mate, much to my disappointment, its pretty tough foam.  I’ve just been using a thin coat of PVA glue, but have dipped some foam in acetone and it didnt affect it that I could see, so you should be fine… Blain painted his one, no idea what with.

There will be a few corners you can assault with chemicals to test..

Doesnt melt that easily either, I tried a “lost foam” style cast with molten aluminium.. miserable fail.  I do however have an asp that looks like the thargoids hit it with a plasma weapon tho..

Baron von Schnellenstein
      Participant

No wux, Hazara – This sounds quite promising – (quite unlike this flippin’ E:D upgrade that will prolly take half the night :@ – mind you, whatever maintenance they are doing on top the paltry few ‘upgrades’ is required – the game was acting up quite a bit last night )

EDIT:  E:D is back up – for once the update only took 1Hr – small download too (for those close to quote or on bad connection)

Shkaypow
    Participant
    Principes

Green’s me favourite colour, so that would be amazing! Thank you again.

I’ve messaged Ping to sort out my ability to message, though I’ve gleaned from the Frontier forums that you are just across the water…

Hazara
    Participant

Man I wish it went this fast, this is about 15 minutes compressed..

Shkaypow
      Participant
      Principes

That is DANG cool…

Psylem
    Participant
    Principes

@psylem – Your Cobra is being cut at the moment.. Its the biggest cobra I have done & will look great! In your PM you didnt say what country! 

Oops, Australia!

Baron von Schnellenstein
    Participant

Is is rather dang cool!

Haz: Is that mini CNC laser cutter:

• Bought as full product?
    • Built from kit?
    • Built from scratch as “a back-yarder”?

Dan Dority
    Participant
    Angel of DiscoveryCenturion

Damn, looks like the update rolled our influence in HIP20199 down a point to 72.7% from the 73.7% it was at last night.

I wonder if one percent per tick is the hard cap now? (Perhaps there’s a curve of diminishing returns the higher you get?) It seems like that’s the max gain I’ve seen the past week.

[EDIT] Perhaps it’s not related to the update?:

NZSimian
    Participant

Maybe it’s the lack of my awesomeness in the system that’s causing it to go backwards?

Sorry guys have been too sick to get on, and have a relative coming to stay for a few days, so won’t be back online before Tuesday.

I know, where’s my priorities?

DAMORGS

I’ve also been absent over the last 3 days, so that won’t help either.

I’ve been away playing with my new toy and been too tired to play when I get home.

Should be back soon(ish)

Hazara
    Participant

Light the fire boys!!

Baron von Schnellenstein
    Participant

Damn, looks like the update rolled our influence in HIP20199 down a point to 72.7% from the 73.7% it was at last night. I wonder if one percent per tick is the hard cap now? (Perhaps there’s a curve of diminishing returns the higher you get?) It seems like that’s the max gain I’ve seen the past week. [EDIT] Perhaps it’s not related to the update?:

Unless there was a heap of missions completed last night, it would appear that the negative spike was largely to do with the E:D update.

Figures have returned to pretty much where we were just before the last E:D update

Hazara
    Participant

JNR & I spent an hour running as security…

Hazara
    Participant

Okay, while nursing the hangover…

Hazara
    Participant

@baronvonb*rd – catch me in game or on ts, have a look at the random thread I posted “laser printer”…

I have yours printing now…   That Type-9 looks like a monster, I want to make it myself. The video above  is one of 6 layers…

Baron von Schnellenstein
    Participant

Shkaypow is going to be pleased with his T9 then – will keep him occupied for a while, methinks

Will catch ye in-game next time (maybe Sunday) unless ur back on later tonight

Hazara
    Participant

@baronvonschnellenstein
    @shkaypow
    @psylem

Your trophies went in the post today,  might take 8 days or so they recon… Hope you can figure them out!

Baron von Schnellenstein
    Participant

Fantastic!  Thanks again, Hazara 😀

DAMORGS

Need pics of the completed models 🙂

Hazara
    Participant

oops

@baronvonschnellenstein
    @shkaypow
    @psylem

can you guys pm me your email address – i aaah, errr, forgot to include some printed pictures to help you assemble – was clearing desk and found them…

Psylem
    Participant
    Principes

Thanks Hazara, it arrived today! I’ll assemble it once I get the instructions. Nice personalised touches there 😉

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hazara
    Participant

LOL I have emailed some pics, hope that helps…

Cant wait to see them done, they were all resized and printed as one-offs except the BvS’s clipper.

Shkaypow
      Participant
      Principes

@hazara !

Sorry for taking so long to post this. I still can’t PM you directly; DaMorgs should have sent you my email address by now, and I was waiting on the instruction sheet, though I thought I’d give it a crack and it seems to be taking shape!

.. and then I realised it was upside down!

Attachments:

Anonymous

So many little balls

Hazara
    Participant

Looking good matey, I have emails some pics to help.

Anyone else finished theirs?

Hazara
    Participant

So has anyone finished one yet?

Shkaypow
      Participant
      Principes

Negative.

I’m gluing at a rate of 1-3 slots per day, as I don’t want to disturb the still drying ones…

Presently completed 22 through 53.

Will also be pics 🙂

Baron von Schnellenstein
    Participant

Not yet.

RL, 2.1 beta, RL hasn’t been conducive to model building – I might get some ‘quality time’ Sun arvo.

Rest assured, it will happen soon[TM] and there will be pics.

Psylem
    Participant
    Principes

I sat down for a single model making session and got all the kabobed pieces all glued up. I did a great job of keeping the glue well hidden until I got to the very front piece. It’s since dried and looks fine though. I think the overspill will help keep those little pieces intact.

I’ve been a bit slack since then, partly because I’m trying to come up with a cunning plan for the engine flaps. Here’s some pictures I took during the first session…

Attachments:

Psylem
    Participant
    Principes

…and the last one that wouldn’t fit on the previous post…

IMAG0865.jpg

Attachments:

Shkaypow
    Participant
    Principes

Almost finished the tail-end. Even with tweezers I struggle to hold the pieces still!

Sory for the photo quality. I’m due for a new phone…

Attachments:

Hazara
    Participant

Looking good guys!

Shkaypow
    Participant
    Principes

aaaaand done-skies!

Rows 1 – 62. Many thanks again.

Attachments:

Shkaypow
      Participant
      Principes

pt2

Attachments:

Hazara
    Participant

Wow – that cow looks great!  Thanks for posting, I was thinking some ended up as firelighters 🙁

Psylem
    Participant
    Principes

Good choice of glue there! 😉

I feel reeaaallly slack now, I looked at the timestamps on my photos and I must have only invested an hour in this project so far. I’m guessing it took longer than that for the laser to cut through those sheets of foam. Your laser is awesome BTW Haz.

NZSimian
    Participant

That looks brilliant!

Makes me wonder with engineers, would it be possible to make up a T9 Flying Fortress?

T9 canyon racer maybe? 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.