Put the kettle on chaps

Home --- Forums --- Angeli Imperial Operations --- Exploring Forum --- Put the kettle on chaps

Viewing 51 reply threads
  • Author
      CenturionAngel of DiscoveryAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement MissionAngel of Trade

3kly out should knock out 2000ly tomorrow and then homeward bound..

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Assistant Angeli Imperial Custodian (Wangal)

Qui Desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum. | Quis custodiet Ipsos custodes.
      Nascentes morimur. | Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

CenturionAngel of DiscoveryAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement MissionAngel of Trade

Just realized I set out from SAG A on Monday last week so and am only 3k out now so that’s 22k in 7 days.

Scoop every 4 jumps.

Average of 40 jumps per 1000ly in berta the T6.

That’s 550 jumps and 137 scoops and I think I picked up approx another 100 star and high metal planets on the way back.

Shows you can haul ass in a t6 🙂 when you don’t stop to scan everything.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I’ll get back into my Clipper tomorrow night, ready to bring you in.

She’s configured to chase down/chase off anything that could be problematic.

There’s a great pizzeria & attached bar in Nelder.  I’ve got an open bar tab.

Should be on from ~20:00 NZDT most nights this week.

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I’ll ready The Queen, if I’m available she’ll shadow you in and annihilate anything that gets too close.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Happy trails for the final stretch, @Xsannz.

By the looks of things, you’ve got quite a handy honour guard … so long as there’s no asteroid belts to traverse (which could _really_ impede half of the declared honour guard)

*runs [faster than a fully ‘roided Ben Johnstone]

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
        Participant
        Triarii

Please divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a Collision.
        Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

This is the Captain of a fully armed Anaconda. I say again, divert YOUR course.
        No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.
        This is the Queen, the largest ship in the Angeli Imperial fleet. We are accompanied by three couriers, three cobras and numerous other support vessels. I demand that YOU change your course 15 degrees north, that’s one five degrees north, or countermeasures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship.
        This is an asteroid. Your call.

Damorgs did not alter his course 15 degrees north.

-X

Eat Plasma!

Participant
        CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Bahaa! +1 rep for looping in that timeless gem: “parable of the battlship/carrier vs lighthouse”

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I hate you all.  Boil in hell.  🙂

Participant
      Principes

Did you get your pretty queen blown up again Damorgs?

I’m back btw.

You kill thousands of Feds, do they call you ‘DaMorgs The Redeemer’?  No….

You hit one asteroid……

It’s not the one asteroid, we all know if you get caught it’s happened before..

You and simian seemed to have an affinity for doing things to asteroids…

Have you been checked for ACTD’s   Asteroidal Contact Transmitted Diseases.

Participant
      Centurion

You hit one asteroid and we immortalize you in our songs and stories!  Never to be forgotten, the woes of the Queen!

@xsannz
      Make sure you give us a status update for your ETA sometime tomorrow (Give the update in UTC perhaps? 😉 ).  I’ll  join you wherever you want to meet with my ‘Conda.

HIP 20199 - Assistant to the Custodian

An Epitome of Elegance... And Class

an update will go out tonight if not a few times….hoping to get to fringe systems i’ll plot my bubble entrance tonight,

will selling data in our systems undermine us or help us as i could use the knowledge prior to plotting my entrance…

It might actually be a good idea to sell it Potagos or Rothfuss (Bureau of Wangal owned), it’ll give them a massive boost and get us closer to civil war with them.

Participant
      TriariiAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

What kind of jump range will be needed? I might be on to help out.

what about selling at both have alot to sell,  so ill pick a parking point outside the bubble within range of those and then we can organise something for tommorrow night or should we say thursday what ever works for you although i am chomping to get by ass out of this danm T6 and into something a little less worn.

and jump range on my t6 is roughly 29ly  but it averages out about 27.7,  bbut i can adjust the range when i plot routes its a good hike of about 500ly at least (estimate havent checked) from edge of the bubble to where the data is to be sold so you probably want at least around 22ly or we could be at it for a few hours….

27.7ly average for 500ly is approx 18 jumps and i have to scoop on average every 4

Participant
        CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Hmmm, I’ll have to lighten the load on my Clipper – currently reporting 16LY jumps…
        But this happens when you have components that weigh 128T each, lol

EDIT:

actually looks like * jumps from apalar which is probably the side of the bubble i am closest too when i was plotting my rough homeward jourent.

Outskirt system of entry still yet to be determined,   but on the Travel planners Apalar to Wangal is only 8 jumps.

and my distance out of 3kly is based on apalar as that was the easiest point to look up when so far out on the map because i have a Cobra stationed there, i would switch to that so i wouldnt be as defenseless but its only got about a 13ly jump range.

what about selling at both have alot to sell

You can sell it all at one, they own both star ports so it won’t matter.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Cummon guys, give the feller a break…

Participant

‘DaMorgs The Redeemer’

LOL 🙂

hit one asteroid……

It was good of you to perform that public safety test for the rest of us.
      We’re really indebted…
      As I’m sure you were, too…
      You fly with insurance now, right?

(Simian might be staying just over 3.2Km away from Damorgs at all times for the next wee while)

Ok so I think the best rather than asking for 22ly range which is Explorer range territory.

18ly to 20 should be what would make it easiest on all of us without spending ages grinding the jumps.

Final push started for the night…. Will keep the updates going as I get nearer

Be on soon (hopefully)

2000ly out had a slight over heat but no hull damage scooping and kids awake… Game when kids not awake in future me thinks everything still going  good

I still have over half my afmu modules left so no issue really

How many of us will be on tonight around 10ish or 11ish nzd which is approx 10ish or 11ish utc as well..

Might be a to do the full push

Looking at my alignment to wangal in galaxy map it looks like I am approx 200ly above it on the galaxy plane as I approach wonder if I shoot for above the bubble then do a vertical drop in or should I start dropping to be on plane with in now and come in from the side

I  approaching from Blu thua hs-s c4-5

Might be worth coming in over the top and dropping in.

Participant
      Centurion

10-11 NZL is about 2 hours from now.  That would put it at about 2AM here, afraid I am going to sleep right about now.

All good, he’ll have plenty of support 🙂

Slight derail will be closer to 11 as the baby had other plans for being awake for the last hour

Damorg  if you line up my last coordinate posted above and then come back in galaxy map to be in line vertically from wangal I’ll meet there let me know of what system it is and if it’s out of bubble if you can

Ok will hit HIP 59057 in approx 45min

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Just logging in & getting the slaves to prep the DBX…

Participant

I’ve picked up some debilitating disease from that alliance port the other night.
      I understand it’s called ‘man flu’.
      And I’m out of concrete pills.
      Sorry chaps, can’t see straight, you don’t want me in a convoy with anything unshielded.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of StrategyAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

The Cmdr of the hour

Meet up

Safe arrival in Wangal

Thanks to Damorg,Blain, Hazarafor taking an insurance hit I owe you a gold drop, anybody wanting some cash over next few days wing up and hang round the station while I cash in I believe you get credits

pics

Attachments:

more pics

Attachments:

final lot

Attachments:

ELITE Explorer YEAH…

Participant

Well done buddy!
      Now unstick yourself from the T6 pilots seat, get a combat ship and come blow things up. 🙂

Keen,

Looking at Asp, FDL, Python builds.

have 190mill to spend – insurance  so i could B class a Python or A clas an asp or FDL.

Participant

@sketchy; build suggestions for both?
        A decider for ya @xsannz might be – what’s the largest ship you’ve flown? The FdL still flies like a small ship, but hits a lot harder.

I’m back in Clipper for Operation Wangal for the foreseeable. Although theres a tempting Haz RES right next to ruppelt gateway in hip 18828.
        Also operation “screw the locals” last weekend showed we needed a faster chaser 😉

T6 is the biggest i’ve flown and that has e class thrusters, so it flies like a brick attached to a wll.

I loved my cobra before this but always felt outgunned in CZ sites it felt at times it just didnt have enough shield and hitting power.

Chaser wise i could arm up an ASP or retrofit the Cobra with Pulse beams and Interdiction modules and be the chaser and shield popper / buzzing annoying fly while the rest of you do the damage..

Participant
      Centurion

Welcome home Xsannz!

Thanks Fox,

I managed to get through the slot fine last night although i realized after i docked and the silence ensued that i had forgotten my etiquette and entered through the outward bound lane so to speak 🙂

although there was a clipper heading out the slot in on the wrong lane as well.

its been almost 5 months since Ive had to use the thrusters and rudder yaw for anything really although i have been playing a little cqc, i think i need a good few hours in a combat class ship to bring back old muscle memory again.

want something like this http://coriolis.io/outfit/asp/25A5A5A4A4A5A5Cihih0p0p0p0p00090204B12d586g582o2h.Iw18WQ==.Aw18WQ==?bn=Xsannz%20Asp

but need to work out the power and layouts..

Participant

Maybe this?
      http://coriolis.io/outfit/asp/25A5A5A4E4A5D5Cihih1818181800090204B12d586g582o2h.AwRhrSvbVI==.Aw18WQ==?bn=Xsannz%20Asp

Lowered some of the internals, and with power management this would fly..

Participant

Yep, turning on the SCB’s one at a time works in that build – just remember to set the priorities of the internals to shut down the FSD, etc when the guns come out.
      Didn’t do that the first time I took my FdL out, lost life support which was fun.

I prefer rails/hitscan weapons as I can’t lead shots well enough (another reason I chew through multi canon rounds), but watch your heat with either rails/plasma.

[edit, funny splleinging]

Or this

http://coriolis.io/outfit/fer_de_lance/25A5A4A4E6A4D3C1r0s0s2a2a0e0402000009B26l32532f.AwRj4tXVmo==.Aw18aQ==?bn=Xsannz%20Lance

Participant

Have a look at this; dps is a bit lower than your build, but I can attest to its abilities in the field:
      http://coriolis.io/outfit/fer_de_lance/05A5A4A4D6A4D3C1e1a1a272704040404000m4a5d5d2o66.AwRj4yOUSA==.MwBhCYy6EYeq5xA=?bn=Fighter
      Is pretty close to what I run with when I’m out to show I’m a model citizen.

Participant

Here you go, when you activate the shield cell bank, you’ll disable the shield booster, which you won’t need by that stage.

http://coriolis.io/outfit/fer_de_lance/25A5A4A4D6A4D3C1r0s0s2a2a0h040200000cB25d326b2f.AwRj4yNMg===.AwhMIzgRi5XEA===?bn=Xsannz%20Lance

Participant

Was a serious mission for once – First time Angeli have met @Xsannz.

I had two pucker moments, as we were taking the first photos, “someone” hit boost…. while we were all facing each other…

The other, while watching our explorer dock…. clipper coming out, him on wrong side with Python, Clipper and Anaconda coming up behind him fast…

The loss of the DBX was minor, and my own fault but more that happy to take that interdiction off us, he was deadly with rails so better me than Xsannz.

Participant

I did manage to capture this pano… was a bit hard fitting the Queens arse in..

Attachments:
      Participant

Nice shot Haz. Was gutted I couldn’t make it on last night 🙁 Good to see you guys brought him in safely.

new beast and enough coin to buy and fit out an asp if i hate the fdl

Attachments:

Participant

The FDL is thee combat ship, you won’t be disappointed. Congrats on the purchase. If you want any help with a loadout, just let me know.

Participant

Indeed; a thing of beauty is a joy forever.

That ship should see you through Hell and back 🙂

Participant

xept when a $300K insurance courier teaches you a lesson…  Just going online now…

I look ked at both simian build and sketchy, chose sketchy build because rails pew pew..

Nearly had to call for help on way back to wangal danm near ran out of fuel.

And I thought Berta was thirsty every 4 jumps berta made shinrarta  in 5 jumps  took me 18 to get back in Charlize.

Yes I named her.. After the actress

She held up pretty well alongside The Queen. 🙂

Viewing 51 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.