Pvp Practice Session, interested?

Home --- Forums --- Angeli Imperial Operations --- Combat Forum --- Pvp Practice Session, interested?

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of Death

So, @vyvian and I were playing with the idea of doing a practice pvp session in an undisclosed anarchy system near wangal. The gist of it would be that everyone participating takes the role of a type of player you may bump into online. Some people would act the pirate, some people the crazy murderers, some traders, and some even bounty hunters –all in a variety of different ships.

So with everything set up in system, the person practicing would warp in and have some sort of objective. Say if you want to practice escaping, you’d be a trader, and your goal would be to get to the station as others interdict you. If you’re a bounty hunter, you’d need to hunt the pirates while avoiding other hunters–basically just scenarios that could happen in open.

The exercise stops when the player completes their objective or lose shields (or otherwise specified end condition, like 50% hull, or something.

Basically, it’s a red-flag operation meant to simulate real player scenarios. 1v1, railguns only at 3.5km, while good practice, can’t really prepare you for pvp.  I wanted to start this thread to see if there would be any interest, because it’s something we gotta coordinate with people.

So, who from A.I. is interested?

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I dare say, you’ll get lots of interest, I think it’s an excellent idea.  I wouldn’t mind using it as a guide to see how good the Queen is against a real challenge (not NPC)

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I’m interested Kestril. I only have a Clipper now but she’s very sea-worthy, so that will limit my role to combat. I’ve been wanting to put it to a test like this.

Keen most evenings.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I’m keen too, but perhaps limit it to 1 scb/chaff?  Or do you want full dogfighting – I obviously prefer the 50% hull, when you have no shields left, the adrenaline starts kicking in.

I do like the idea of starting – real world – I had a heck of a time interdicting a CMDR in a cobra the other night, in the end I submitted and we had a fun fight that was pretty close at the POP..

We had always planned using the Screaming Eagles for this sort of 1:1 training to didnt we?

I’d love to have a go @Sketchy on even ground but we learn our ships as well – dogfighting in something different, I’m not sure..

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I’m in, but reckon there’s no point in limiting load out – we can’t expect the Hudson supporters we decompressed the other night to have come to the party unarmed.

I could always buy a T6 for people to practice shooting at, those buggers need to go extinct! 😉

Im gonna grind for some insurance money tonight – just in case someone (@hazara?) gets a little carried away LOL

Participant

@Hazara We could all buy an Eagle if you wanted a PvP on even ground, they cost $12.50 don’t they? Actually, that could be a good way to get rid of my galaxy-wide bounty.

I agree with Simian, no loadout limits, this is real-war practice 🙂 Mmmmmm

Participant

For straight dogfights, without the interdicting, we could go a few km out from a station, so it is faster to repair/rearm/change loadout.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

No stations in Anarchy space, trip back to Nanoman?

Participant

LOL, yeah, that sounds good 😀

I have had practice PvP outside of stations before, just turn off the…report crime(?) or similar button.

Participant

Nanoman
      Do doo be-do-do
      Nanoman
      Do do-do do
      Nanoman
      Do doo de-do-do de-do-do de-do-do de-do-do-doodle do do do-doo do!

any plans for the weekend?

Participant
      Principes

Can we set this as a weekly exercise?

Also, I really need someone get rid of my WEP bounty i pick up during my rank progression mission (along with other Fed’s bounties on my head).

Participant
      CenturionAngel of Death

Okay, enough people are interested. Time to hash out timezones because this is the internet age after all.

So I’m United States Mountian time, but am pretty flexible at the moment on weekends (being a student and all). I know we got a lot of folks from down under here and even a few in Europe.

So post your timezone below and what time works for you. Bonus points if you translate it to UTC time as well for easy translation.

Participant

I’ll be on for the majority of Saturdays, here in +12 New Zealand.
      Sunday to Wednesday I work, the rest is good for me.

So… UTC Saturday 12 noon to Tuesday are out for me, I can make most of the other times work.

Participant

I hereby grant anyone

on this topic page

the right to interdict and engage me at any time, EXCEPT when on an Angeli mission (I’ll be in a wing). Anything goes, just stop at 50% hull.
      I generally run a PvE loadout, so it will simulate a normal player attack for me, good training for us both. So if we cannot make a meeting happen, just engage when you are ready.
      Can I do the same with any of you?

Participant

“Wangal Space, fly the deadly skies”.

Sounds good @sketchy, I like the random nature of your idea – will make it quite a true to life experience.

“Report crimes against me”: OFF

Hit me up (literally) whenever.

I’m online most evenings from 8.30 NZ time.

Participant

Awesome mate! I look forward to it! Hopefully we’ll get a few more on board.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of Death

sketchy has a good idea. We may not have enough/it may not be possible to organize a skirmish like this right now,  so instead members could flag themselves open to in-faction PVP while online.

I’ll start a thread for that this evening. w/ rules of engagement and so forth.

I still want to keep this on the backburner for when we get enough members.

Participant

Sounds great Kestril, I was thinking of reviving this thread, earlier today. It would be good to have a few of us on board with it, otherwise it’ll just be three of us improving our PvP skills.
      Looking forward to the thread. Nice work mate.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.