Second Mining Expedition

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Elite: Dangerous Discussion --- Second Mining Expedition

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Principes

I think tonight’s session took about 4 hours. I’m still pretty slow at mining, but also trying to squeeze more mining missions out of the game is probably the biggest factor in how long this took.

I got a total of 13 mining missions by the end of it, for a total of 1.95M reward cash. I made an additional 1.3M from selling the left over metals. It didn’t seem to increase our influence by much in HIP 20199.

Yesterday I made sure to stockpile as many mining missions as I could find in preparation for today. It’s not really as good a tactic when trying to also boost influence for a specific faction, but I can see how it could be about as profitable as trading, though it’s far less predicable. In HIP and Wangal I ignored any non-AIE mining missions of course. Actually, they were all AIE, except for a couple I picked up in Guan Yun.

Swapping to Solo mode to pick up a fresh batch of missions sometimes works. It’s annoying though, and it seems like there’s a delay or cache or something on the mission list, because it doesn’t always work. It also feel like cheating.

Here’s a screenshot of my inventory full to the brim. Also, I had a couple of full refinery hoppers…

I’ve fully kitted out the Asp now and given the beast a nice high-vis paint job for safety on the mine site. Here’s the updated build, and a selfie with guns out on the landing pad…

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

nice!

Handy stockpile of very rare mineable commodities there 🙂

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
      Participant
      Principes

I’ve done a third mining trip since and have a pretty good system now allowing me to keep the cash flowing in at a considerable level while still contributing to the HIP 20199 expansion effort.

What I do is mine every other day or so. Do the usual AIE missions in the Cobra, stocking up on mining missions towards the end of the night, then finish up all the non-mining missions and swap to the Asp. Retire for the night ready to do a mining run immediately the next day. Do a quick mining run at Jura, I can get there and back on one tank of fuel. Then cash in all the mining missions previously collected, but remain in the Asp doing AIE missions (avoiding combat where possible) just flying around with the excess Osmium, Painite and Platinum cashing it in either for AIE (preferably), or anyone else in systems where AIE have no presence yet. This technique earns me millions, probably beats what I could earn that day just trading.

I’m now in the habit of swapping from Open to Solo or vice-versa, especially in HIP 20199 to double my odds for finding missions. I’m not going to sit there swapping modes all night though, but just once is not too bad. Dock, check Bulletin Board, swap modes, check Bulletin Board again, fly on.

My next plan is to check out the smuggling thread in detail to rank up a little and hopefully unlock some more of those unattainable missions.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.