Ship Reviews

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.

For the more experienced pilots out there.  Do you want to write a ship review?, the trusty Adder?, the ugly hauler?

Write them up here and I’ll make a section on the site with actual user reviews not just stats.

Inactive

The Faulcon DeLacy Sidewinder Mk.I
      319 years and still going strong

Most pilots start their careers in the Sidewinder. It is a classic ship design that has been in use (in various configurations) since 2982. Its original design was a light support ship and it lacked jump capability. Modern compact drives have enabled jump-capable versions to be created, making this a useful all rounder. Some navies still use these ships as fighters and patrol craft.

I noticed a lack of Sidewinder thread here and so felt the sturdy old Sidewinder could do with a thread of her own, that doesn’t call her a “Starter ship”

The Sidewinder has Served me will from the first days of the Premium Beta, through the Eranin Federation war, and even my first expedition out to the Pleiades Nebula before was any route planner let long one that plots the whole route out there for you in 3 seconds telling you the 26 easy jumps to make.

Even now I still favour the Sidewinder over the larger ships, the handling is second nature, the flexibility and utility to my play style are superb.
      With the Combination of a Fixed & Turreted Beam Laser she can keep a poniard of hostility right in the face or power-plant of the enemy no matter which way either of you turn, and she has held her own Bounty hunting, in military action in conflict zones, solo or in a Wing.
      She may not be the top at anything but when she gives all she has it can be enough in so many and varied situations and mission roles.

I present The Kererū

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICx61FdvsyI

[Sidewinder]
      S: 1F/T Beam Laser
      S: 1E/F Beam Laser
      U: 0C Cargo Scanner
      U: 0C Frame Shift Wake Scanner

BH: 1I Military Grade Composite
      RB: 2A Power Plant
      TM: 2A Thrusters
      FH: 2A Frame Shift Drive
      EC: 1A Life Support
      PC: 1A Power Distributor
      SS: 1A Sensors
      FS: 1C Fuel Tank (Capacity: 2)

2: 2A Shield Generator
      2: 2E Cargo Rack (Capacity: 4)
      1: 1A Fuel Scoop

Shield: 68.00 MJ
      Power : 7.88 MW retracted (82%)
      10.80 MW deployed (113%)
      9.60 MW available
      Cargo : 4 T
      Fuel : 2 T
      Mass : 48.3 T empty
      54.3 T full
      Range : 15.50 LY unladen
      14.35 LY laden
      Price : 1,662,436 CR
      Re-Buy: 83,122 CR @ 95% insurance

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Go the Wood Pidgeon..

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Based on this writeup, I’m considering setting one up as my spare ship in Reed – I don’t fancy being in the position of having to fly back from LHS 3447 anytime soon… and this looks like it would hold its own long enough to trick out a viper.

Nice work on the writeup 🙂

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.