Ships (E:D v1.5) Beta is GO!

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Elite: Dangerous Discussion --- Ships (E:D v1.5) Beta is GO!

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

This topic is for those insane enough to have shelled out for E:D Premium Beta and/or E:D/Horizons Lifetime pass to pass on observations about the beta.

The 1.5 beta has been released – Enjoy … and reply to this thread with thoughts/impressions!

• Firstly, no mention of BGS fix – so unless FD patch the servers (main game), we’ll need a large concerted effort on missions in HIP 20999 to bring influence up to point of election / war
      • Of course, we will be trying out all the new ships, but there are a raft of other changes worthy of attention
      • For those with Elite rank and/or Founders permit, what do you think about Elite/Founders level missions now being issued solely from Founders’ World?
        • Personally, I think this is bad – I won’t be traipsing to Founders’ World simply to look for a 500K-750K trading mission – BUT – I will take Tycoon (and Elite, when I get there) trading missions from ‘local’ stations if they’re 250K+ to break up the monotony of trading/local missions
        • Edit: I just found an Elite rank trade mission at Reed port – phew! All good
        • Edit: Therefore, the terse changelog entry I was complaining about needs contextual knowledge, provided by Blain below – Thanks Blain!
      • I just had a deja vu moment with the above comment. I wonder if FD have proposed this previously, or I’ve just had too much coffee (you know you’ve had too much caffeine when you start seeing things before they happen!)

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of StrategyAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I think the Elite/founders missions are the ones relating to the Sap 8 Energy Cores and whatever story line that evolves into ala The Dark Wheel as opposed to Elite Ranked Trade/Combat/Exploration missions in general

Participant
      TriariiAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

My understanding from previous dev posts was that the BGS was considered “fixed”. The slow changes are as one would say, working as intended.

Has there been further statements saying it was broken again?

Participant
      CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

@Crimshadow, your statement re FDev is correct – they consider it fixed.  A good deal of the E:D community, myself included, believe they have overcooked the “fix”, which is to say, we think it is NOT fixed:– It will take our group weeks to shift influence in a relatively well populated system even a few percent.

There are links to the relevant FD Forum Patch notes topic here: Borked BGS AI Thread

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I have a logged fault – cant join

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

FECK IT still cant join – throwing a DX error.

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

There’s a few network issues with it, I was getting kicked constantly yesterday.  There are some nice new changes though, like the HUD Naval Rank Progression Bar,  new commodities for surface bases etc.

CenturionAngel of DiscoveryAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement MissionAngel of Trade

might have a gander at 1.5 tonight but i really want to knock off the exploring before horizons

Assistant Angeli Imperial Custodian (Wangal)

Qui Desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum. | Quis custodiet Ipsos custodes.
      Nascentes morimur. | Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

Participant

Oh hell yeah..

The Keelback as tested by JNR

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
        Participant

@Hazara / @Hazara_JNR:

How badly is the speed/manoevreability and cargo capacity nerfed from T6 to Keelback?

Is it still worth getting for the med hardpoints?

I found the T6 an excellent trading ship to get me to an Asp and a Clipper (at which point the Clipper became the main trade ship for a while).  – I’d have to do the “Brave Sir Robin” if interdicted, but even with C thrusters, usually could get the hell outta Dodge with no damage.

The T6 at 100T cargo, surprisingly good turn rate and unexpectedly good boost speed make it one of _the_ best buys in the post-Cobra bracket – I’m going to need convincing to see where one would use a Keelback over a T6.  If one loses 30T cargo capacity to get med hardpoints, may as well stick with a T6 and grind faster to an Asp.

Could it potentially be a stop-gap mining ship until one has the readies for a mining Python?

• Actually, @aurelius might be able to help us with that last point, too…

Participant
      CenturionAngel of StrategyAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Keelback eh

Fighter bay

Rotating thruster housing

Participant

v1.5 Beta 2 is out!

Stored ships bug and CTD from gal map fixed

I was liking the additions to missions.  Bulletin board is starting to have a nice ‘flavour’ to it – to me it is starting to ‘feel’ like it should – huge potential (not realised yet) in the chained missions – we’ll see about the mission timer adjustment/removal in this beta 2

If you’re otherwise bored, try going into a few “Distress Call” sites from SC – worth a look 😉 –

The other thing I like, even if it is a temporary workaround, is that FD have implemented a ‘fix’ for SMAA (I needn’t have obtained a GTX970 last week … well actually … yes I should have) and it appears that the graphics performance is still good.  I hate  jaggy lines!

I’m going to try to see if I can trigger some of the supposed new variants of “Deep Space Salvage Missions”

Participant
      CenturionAngel of Death

Rotothrusters! That’s awesome!

Also I really like the imperial cutter. It’s great.

(that and SCB changes. Those are cool too)

CenturionAngel of DiscoveryAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement MissionAngel of Trade

Scb changes are getting alot of flak on the dev forums.

Apparently they are ok for smaller ships but make it bad for the larger ships that normally used to spam them, making them soft targets

Assistant Angeli Imperial Custodian (Wangal)

Qui Desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum. | Quis custodiet Ipsos custodes.
      Nascentes morimur. | Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Keelback looks like it might be an interesting ship to crash into planets…

Participant
      Triarii

Could it potentially be a stop-gap mining ship until one has the readies for a mining Python?

was also my first idea … a t6 with 2 mediums … thats a perfect miningship.

:: Si vis pacem, para bellum ::

Participant

… a t6 with 2 mediums … thats a perfect miningship.

Might give it a try, then!  Thx Aurelius 🙂

Participant
      Triarii

… a t6 with 2 mediums … thats a perfect miningship.

Might give it a try, then! Thx Aurelius :)

i took a look to the outfitting … and … well …
      http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=70Z,H7yH7yH9WH9W,2-7272722M5U3w6k,0bg07203w5Sc5uk03w
      the thing is … you need a lot of stuff for mining .. and that costs you cargo … to be fair … from what i see, i would guess that the t6 could make more money per hour … because cutting the stone is more or less never the real timeeater … mostly its the collecting.

so .. well … it depends what you do .. if you hunt only for painite and vent all the other stuff … you would need an other build (smaller ref, more collectors) … but if we are talking about classic mining, where you look for nice rocks and take what you get, fly when you are full … i guess the t6 would still be a better choice.

:: Si vis pacem, para bellum ::

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.