Should we be concerned?

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Elite: Dangerous Discussion --- Should we be concerned?

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.

I am not sure if people have been keeping an eye on this, but this 2 articles have come out over the last few days on Galnet.

https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/uid/5629fd9e9657bab139c6c8a7

and

https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/uid/5630a73e9657ba8066c8185c

I have not had a chance to look in the map and see if they are close, but does this mean we are about to have visitors?

Is this where they are going to come from?

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Next time I’m on I’ll check how far from us they are.

Participant
      Centurion

I have been paying attention to them as well.  I plan on taking a trip to those systems.  I doubt there will be any developments of relevance that have not already been noted, but I am a curious sort.

If I find anything, I’ll post it here.

HIP 20199 - Assistant to the Custodian

An Epitome of Elegance... And Class

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

The only reason I’m not going to have a look there is this:

…officials at Gurragchaa Gateway have announced that all station services, bar refuelling and rearming, have been suspended…

I’m not flying anywhere if I can’t get a drink. 😉

Participant
      Centurion

Last night I visted 49 Arietis and Guraggcha Gateway.  As I suspected, there was nothing readily apparent wrong in these systems other than the starports.  It has been reported that the UA density has increased, although I did not have the time to go on a wild goose hunt.

However, when I logged in earlier today, I noted that the Canonn researchers have made some progress.

https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/29-OCT-3301

My next destination is Merope, to follow up with the claim that the UAs are in a ‘shell’ pattern around that system.

I have my own theories about what this could mean, but don’t we all?

HIP 20199 - Assistant to the Custodian

An Epitome of Elegance... And Class

Participant
      TriariiAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Is there a bit of lore that already exists here that I don’t know about? Or is this new?

Participant
      CenturionAngel of StrategyAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Is there a bit of lore that already exists here that I don’t know about? Or is this new?

The AEO or Unknown Artifacts

http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Unknown_Artefact

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

The AEO or Unknown Artifacts http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Unknown_Artefact

I’d nearly forgotten this part:

28 July: CMDR Blain Crighton & his wing manage to obtain two Unknown Artefacts from the same convoy. One of theirs was accidentally crushed after being released in a station, the other was sold at Leonard Nimoy Memorial Station. 🙂

Participant
      CenturionAngel of StrategyAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

We should have a copy of thearticle from the station news outlet from the station that the UA was crushed in

Participant

http://angeliimperial.com/forums/topic/unknown-artefact/

Here we go.
      All the culprits get full credit

Participant
      Triarii

i say: stay away from those bloody xenos. isnt it enough that my son wanted an genoian dog? i mean .. they are pink for heavens sake! isnt an good old dog from earth good enough for the young anymore? bloody xenos ..

:: Si vis pacem, para bellum ::

Participant

i say: stay away from those bloody xenos. isnt it enough that my son wanted an genoian dog? i mean .. they are pink for heavens sake! isnt an good old dog from earth good enough for the young anymore? bloody xenos …

At least they’re not like these little buggers.

Participant
      Triarii

jep *hehe* 😉

my guess: its:

When asked about the Thargoids on the forums, Michael Brookes, lead writer and producer for the lore, simply said, “They are coming. :-)”

and

http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Thargoids

the interessting question will be: will they just take over ships (more or less like in homeworld 2) or will we have to fight insect ships … if yes … the interessting thing is that they have no exhaust … so .. those ships might be pretty cold … we might say adieu to gimb weapons, if we are fighting those …

if that is so … we might have to jump back in smaller fighters to have a chance against those prawns … this might be a fighters dream come true 😀

think about it .. we know that condas can carry smaller ships … and it looks like this will make a lot of sense in such a case.

:: Si vis pacem, para bellum ::

Participant
      CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I’m not flying anywhere if I can’t get a drink. ?

Amen to that, brother!

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
      Participant

Back in the UA Business

Participant

Did you find that Blain? Where did you get it? Were you out looking for them specifically? So many questions…

Participant

Read the Wikia entry on UA’s. I am hooked now. What can we do to investigate this more ourselves?

Participant

Picked it up at Col 285 Sector MH-Q a7-1

Was in a Strong signal source floating there.

there is a “shell” of systems around Merope where they can be found in the wild.

Much easier than trying to Rob Federal Naval Convoys

Any one planning an expedition to look for them, the Canonn forum has good info and the shell in the first few posts

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=195658

Ships need Cargo, Jump range, fuel scoop and AMFU, plus Collector limped if you are not a scooper

Once you have it, switch on the AFMU and set the Cargo hatch to repair.

Also be aware once you have one, you get fined lots for them, and you cannot swap ships due to have cargo, unless you transfer it between other Cmdrs

Last night was Operation Hansel and Gretal

Operation Handel and Gretal complete, very Zaonce

Ship Type 7 Transporter

Starting in Col 285 Sector MH-Q a7-1 with free floating UA
      57 Jumps on economic route to Varati
      At each star stop jettison UA, let it roar/glow, Morse code thingy and roar/glow again, then scoop back up
      I am assuming the roar/glow is transmitting
      Each time it turned to point to Merope

In Varati, stopped once at star to repeat jettison UA, let it roar/glow, Morse code thingy and roar/glow again, then scoop back up
      Then proceeded to , where UA was dropped in NFZ to scan ships and station, then scooped up. Left for same jettison UA, let it roar/glow, Morse code thingy and roar/glow again, then scoop back up cycle.
      The Canonn fined me for illegal jettison of goods in the NFZ, Cmdr Rugerwan seemed confused by what I was doing, Bounty Hunter Crimson Eagle looks good

En-route
      Twice a Persistant NPC pirate was after cargo, needed to let them interdict me and win to get rid of them.
      Once System Authority in uninhabited system followed low wake and scanned me for Crimes/contraband whilst I was letting the UA do its thing outside the ship
      Once NPC Viper followed low wake and scanned for crimes (bounty hunter?) whilst I was letting the UA do its thing outside the ship

If UA is transmitting location home when in presence of Lakon Type X Series Ship, then route to Varati has been plotted for whomever.

UA recovered and still in possession

Alternative Plan is Operation Handel and Gretal 2
      Plot route from UA shell to Varati using fastest route and collect UAs depositing them along the way.

For Reference Varati is the home of the Canonn research group

I will probably be heading back out to try to add to my collection of UAs for operation Hansel and Gretal 2, should H&G1 yield no results.

That said if anyone has any ideas and what to experiment with the UA just let me know and I can transfer it over to you.

Participant

I see, so not much to do for now, until 1.5 launches?

Participant

There is no certainty that all has been discovered about them so far.

MB seems to hint there has been something from 1.2 we have missed

But besides that, never be put of investigating something because someone else has found an answer. Confirm the conclusion with your investigation.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

@vasious well done!

I’m Keen for a mission to find one… thinking of hopping in the DBX tonight – recommendations?

Participant

@vasious well done! I’m Keen for a mission to find one… thinking of hopping in the DBX tonight – recommendations?

@hazara

Fuel scoop, Cargo bay, AFMU are really the only essentials

The AFMU is only needed as the cargo hatch can malfunction at 80% damage and you can lose the UA; in Super-Cruise

CenturionAngel of DiscoveryAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement MissionAngel of Trade

I wonder, in all i have read, no experiments have been done with a UA and paint packs, i wonder if the new Synth packs have an effect on UA

Assistant Angeli Imperial Custodian (Wangal)

Qui Desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum. | Quis custodiet Ipsos custodes.
      Nascentes morimur. | Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

Participant

Anything is worth a try. We have been told specifically that skins will not have any effect on the game itself.

Participant

So, with 1.5/2.0 going live on Tuesday; anyone else thinking it might be worth while going to collect a UA or two before hand?

CenturionAngel of DiscoveryAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement MissionAngel of Trade

I would be keen, just taking wife out for dinner with the MIL and FIL.

Currently parked up in FEHU going to look at long run smuggling missions for monetary and rank gain, there are currently 6 on the board each paying no less that 900k each so should be able to stack a few mill worth each run

Assistant Angeli Imperial Custodian (Wangal)

Qui Desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum. | Quis custodiet Ipsos custodes.
      Nascentes morimur. | Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

So, with 1.5/2.0 going live on Tuesday; anyone else thinking it might be worth while going to collect a UA or two before hand?

I’ll grab the MkIII Cobra and join you.  Or would you prefer ‘Her’ just in case?

Participant

They look like a good way to break fed stations, judging by the galnet articles.
      I haven’t seen one ‘in the flesh’, I might come looking this weekend…

Participant

They are just floating in space so no need for the big guns, Cobras will be fine

Participant
      CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Does anyone know morse code or has tried to ‘translate’ the morse code from the UA transmissions?

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
      Participant

Does anyone know morse code or has tried to ‘translate’ the morse code from the UA transmissions?

Currently if you are in a ship they send more code that gives line drawing co-ordinates of your ship UNLESS you are in a Lakon Type 6/7/9 in which case the morse code is of the system name or other nearest local body

Hence  Operation Handel and Gretal

Participant

Wait, an Alien race using morse code to locally transmit information, is able to differentiate combat vs trade ships, and uses the English/human name for stars to point trade ships somewhere?
      Either wicked hoax, or someone’s trying to eat trade ships.
      I might get my fastest ship up that way for a look tonight.

Participant

Wait, an Alien race using morse code to locally transmit information, is able to differentiate combat vs trade ships, and uses the English/human name for stars to point trade ships somewhere? Either wicked hoax, or someone’s trying to eat trade ships. I might get my fastest ship up that way for a look tonight.

Human Hoax, Lost Human colony with its own “alien to us” tech, The Dark wheel using captured Thargoid tech, Rogue AI coming home, Real Aliens who learnt human morse code from the Nav Becons that also transmit in Morse code the system name.

And it isn’t trading ships vs combat, only the three Lakon Type ships are different, the Hauler a Trade ship has the drawing of it produced

Participant

Participant

Another good find Blain. You and that Sidewinder sure do get around 🙂

Participant

bizzarro

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.