Signature Thread & Recruitment

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Off-Topic --- Signature Thread & Recruitment

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      CenturionAngel of DiscoveryAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement MissionAngel of Trade

Not trying to be obtuse as my question about signatures has been answered previously and I understand Ping and others are busy.

But perhaps we could share this ability, I would love to help out with the signatures, i think potentially we should try get as many newbies with a signature as possible.

I for one would love to be Repping AI on the Fdev forums where i am rather active, i think the more we are visible the better we can make our player base.

We were all discussing recruitment a while ago, and I for one love seeing our signature pop up in a thread i am scrolling through on Frontier forums, it’s eye catching.

more exposure the better right, perhaps we  dont even need newbie joiners to have a Named signature until they hit Principis

we just have a generic signature that say’s Prospect / recruit with the rank of Foederati.

again this is a Dictated Democracy so just floating the idea 😛

also food for though:  A government is a body of people usually notably ungoverned.

Assistant Angeli Imperial Custodian (Wangal)

Qui Desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum. | Quis custodiet Ipsos custodes.
      Nascentes morimur. | Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission
      Participant
      Centurion

I like the idea of having some sort banner sig we can hand somebody after they introduce themselves in order to get our name out there just a bit more.

On the topic of recruitment.  I’ve been with a couple of online guilds/outfits/groups and this one has remained the most stable.  Recruitment can be a touchy subject because some people have a very clear view of the kind of player base that they want.  This is ultimately decided by the upper-echelon of the guild (frequently the founder because of the amazingly low occurrences of a group transferring owners and surviving).  I love the way we recruit currently, no entrance requirements, good standing player base, high activity with a mix of both playstyle and RP in a casual environment.

I say get the name out there, but keep all else in the “recruitment” field the same.

Fly safe,

HIP 20199 - Assistant to the Custodian

An Epitome of Elegance... And Class

CenturionAngel of DiscoveryAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement MissionAngel of Trade

My suggestion was just to get us more visibility rather than to change recruitment process other than a basic signature until such time the have a proven forum presence.

It’s not all about game time but around having an activity community and discussion of the game we love as well.

Especially to drive missions until such time as ed allow us some tool to post our missions in game

Keymaster
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.

My suggestion was just to get us more visibility rather than to change recruitment process other than a basic signature until such time the have a proven forum presence.

Here is a generic one I made quickly

I love the way we recruit currently, no entrance requirements, good standing player base, high activity with a mix of both playstyle and RP in a casual environment.

I agree, I like the friendly environment and just kind of “pub clan” where we just play together and have a laugh.

Exposure is always good, and the more visible we are the better for the community.

Thats pretty cool.

tempted to post that up on the fdev forums and do a BIO post thread with some information about us, unless of course that already exists…  i wont actually do it without confirmation that something like that does / doesnt already exist

Keymaster

tempted to post that up on the fdev forums and do a BIO post thread with some information about us, unless of course that already exists…

I don’t know if this is the same, but there is this thread

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=114884

FYI @mrping

also just fyi that link if you back off the png name you can traverse the folder directory and see all generated signatures, we should probably secure that down so url depathing doesnt work.

Directory Traversal probably needs turning off.

http://www.golemtechnologies.com/articles/disable-directory-listing

on a side note i like this one

Keymaster

FYI @mrping

also just fyi that link if you back off the png name you can traverse the folder directory and see all generated signatures, we should probably secure that down so url depathing doesnt work.

That is only one folder within the structure and I set it up that way so I can just dump files there, it is only sigs and I am not very concerned of anyone using my forum sig to impersonate me or anyone here. If you are worried I can remove yours.

Keymaster

And there is also the “Clean look” test, I did there as well, like this one.

Keymaster

It was decided on a vote that the gold look is more Imperial, I personally like the clean look better, but I think the current look is more appropiate to our “Lore”

But now that Argon has created his own enterprise it might be time to revisit.

not really worried, as long as we do not have DIR traversal on other portions of the site….

I moonlight as a security researcher 😛

I like the current look but not adverse to any changes, both the black and your clean look are very ED looking,  but our current logo is very IMPERIAL looking

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.