Melbourne Drinkies – *POSTPONED*

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Off-Topic --- Melbourne Drinkies – *POSTPONED*

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Date set: TBA 

Location:  Young & Jacksons – rooftop beer garden.  We can move on after if we feel like it.

As suggested my BvS:

* Teutonic food/beverages, lots of space: 3 large German drinking halls in town
      * British: Charles Dickens – good beer, but can get busy. Counter meals are pretty average
      * Ocker / craft beers: Mrs Parmas – dunno how busy on a Sat
      * If the weather is good: Fed square has a good craft beer/other beverage pub – Beer DeLuxe
      * Irish: Great little pub by the name of “The Drunken Poet” up near the Vic Market

Gents (and Lady(ies) if we have any by September),

We’ve just passed 6 months in the life of the Angeli (including pre-website days).  The vast majority of us are from Australia and quite a few from Melbourne.  So, we’ve traded together, fought together, flipped systems together and even flown into an asteroid or 2. OK, that last part wasn’t together but you get the idea.

So, how about we have a drink (or 10) together?  I propose sometime in late September, this gives everyone a decent amount of time to organise things and also those wishing to come from interstate(elsewhere) have a bit of time too.

I’m on leave for 2 weeks starting the 20th September, so anywhere in there works for me.  We can use this thread to nut out details, locations, dates etc.

Discuss…

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Ah booze, the great social lubricant.

Wish I was in Aussie for that, sounds like great fun 🙁 I’ll be in Fiji around the same time, so…you know…if any of you are around, drop in.

Be sure to get plenty of pics, and beer, gotta have beer.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Notionally, this idea works for me. Hopefully, a saturday – mondangovers make life _very_ difficult after sunday drinkies.

Depending on what people like to eat/drink:
      * Teutonic food/beverages, lots of space: 3 large German drinking halls in town
      * British: Charles Dickens – good beer, but can get busy. Counter meals are pretty average
      * Ocker / craft beers: Mrs Parmas – dunno how busy on a Sat
      * If the weather is good: Fed square has a good craft beer/other beverage pub – Beer DeLuxe
      * Irish: Great little pub by the name of “The Drunken Poet” up near the Vic Market

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I would prefer a Saturday too, it’s just better for all the Mon-Fri 9-5ers.

CenturionFounding Angel

Alas i won’t be able to head to Melbs then but i’m sure you fellows will have a blast

@vyvian @davo – will you be free for this?

Participant
      Foederati

You can count me in for this 🙂 Always keen to meet other CMDRs!

I’m in the Eastern ‘burbs and have a car if that helps.

Depends if you’ll be ‘beering’ or not 😛 We can always public transport

Keymaster
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.

I’ll be there.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of StrategyAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Sadly cant find a grab a seat deal to cross the ditch otherwise I’d be there

Gents,can I get some confirmation from people coming please so I know I won’t be there on my  own 🙂

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

‘Fraid not from me – flights from small town NZ are somewhat pricey.

But can I have your keys to the Queen while you’re away?

‘Fraid not from me – flights from small town NZ are somewhat pricey. But can I have your keys to the Queen while you’re away?

Absolutely not, no.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Barring unforseen small-person induced inconvenience, I’m a starter.

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!

OK, those that are going please PM me your mobile numbers so we can ‘check in’ if needed. 🙂

Keymaster
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.

You got mine, it is the same one you send me all those pics on.

You got mine, it is the same one you send me all those pics on.

Gotta love HD cameras 😛

Just over a week out, so far it’s me, Ping, BvS and wreckwren.  Anymore?

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.