The Witness

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Other Games --- The Witness

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Baron von Schnellenstein 2 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

LuminousMonkey
    Participant
    Principes

Ok, so, we’ve got this influence competition, and, well, I haven’t been on ED. (I’m letting the team down, I will log on tonight and stop being slack).

I would like to put the blame squarely on “The Witness”, it’s the new game from Jonathan Blow (the developer of “Braid”). Think of it as a “Myst” type game, basically a puzzle game, but instead of a pre-rendered world it’s like a FPS.

It’s been consuming my free time, I’m about 22 hours in or so. The puzzles start off simple, teaching you the concepts of that particular puzzle, but then it builds on that, and combines them.

They’re not just logic puzzles either, some rely on world: https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2016/01/27/potential-thingness

Anyway, if you enjoy late nights thinking about puzzles, going to bed, then suddenly realising what the solution is, this might be the game for you.

Baron von Schnellenstein
    Participant
    CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

hmm, nice tip.  Might look into this whilst I’m on hols starting next week 😀

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.