They're here……

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Elite: Dangerous Discussion --- They're here……

Tagged: 

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Is anybody else thinking what I’m thinking?

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Starts with “T” and ends with screaming?

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Couldn’t have happened to a more deserving person, really.

On another note, I’ve got a nice wee cave over here to hide in.

Another reason I like working for the Empire: I have slaves to feed to any incoming hoards of Thargoids. Hopefully they’ll be chocca by the time they see me legging it.

Oh, and “AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!”

@Damorgs
      ; points for the tags 🙂

Participant
      Principes

What are thargoids? I seem to not be able to find much info

Participant
      Principes

In the first Elite game,

Thargoids would pluck your ship out from jump space and fight you in deep space.

If you had the basic fit for your cobra, (which pretty much meant starter weapons) they were hard to kill.  The ships resembled flying saucers and had heaps of hit points.  The pulse laser of the first game fired like a bolt action rifle.

If you did destroy them, they dropped tonnes of alloys which could get you a decent profit.

All this is information when I played the game 25 years ago.

I believe they made an appearance in Frontier First Encounters, but I never got too deep into that game for them to even get on my radar.

Keymaster
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.

Here is the info from the Wiki

THARGOIDS

Participant

I’d say this may be an attempted assassination by some group, disguised as the return of the Thargoids. Or at least…I hope so…

Participant
      Triarii

They’ll never catch you damorgs. You need a ship to be interdicted and at your current rate you’ll be walking by Tuesday 😛

-X

Eat Plasma!

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

They’ll never catch you damorgs. You need a ship to be interdicted and at your current rate you’ll be walking by Tuesday 😛 -X

I hate you.

Participant

They’ll never catch you damorgs. You need a ship to be interdicted and at your current rate you’ll be walking by Tuesday 😛 -X

I hate you.

You didn’t?! ANOTHER one DaMorgs?

Participant
        Triarii

#worthit

-X

Eat Plasma!

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Has he told everyone yet?

Keymaster

thargoids

Participant

@Damorgs – don’t worry, my wife reversed the car into another, also parked, car.

She’s also driven into the side of a house.  Although apparently that one wasn’t her fault.

Participant

@Damorgs – don’t worry, my wife reversed the car into another, also parked, car. She’s also driven into the side of a house. Although apparently that one wasn’t her fault.

Yeah, I see those houses moving all the time. Understandable.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

My vehicle has been off colour lately, Just went for a warrant & failed.  Apparently I have bent the steering rod back to the sump (again), snapped a seat mount & one of the brake calipers was seized on… I thought it was going slower than normal.

@CMDR Ping – niiiiice.

In the novella “the Dark Wheel” tharglets were smuggled as parasites in animal hosts…

Participant

@hazara – wasn’t my gentrified driving that did it was it? Didn’t I tell you, that truck needs a proper banjo slinging, corn fed, coverall wearing moonshiner in charge at all times?

😉

Participant
      TriariiAngel of Discovery

That’s it! i’m putting forth a call to arms to start a sub-group of the Angeli, much like the Screaming Eagles.

The aim of this group is to go an investigate any strange phenomena in combat capable ships, to find evidence and respond to a possibility of a Thargoid attack.

Once i get back, i’ll be happy to be an active member of this group, and we shall call ourselves: ‘Goid Busters!

Who’s with me? 😛

Keymaster

I’m IN!!!

Let me know when we get back and I’ll get a logo, badges and all of that for you.

Participant

In with a creepy grin.

Participant

You had me at ‘Goid.

Count me in!

Participant
      Principes

It’s strange, but lately I have also been hearing these strange noises while flying in space. They are kind of crackling and hissing sounds.

Omnes Virgo triumphat imperator!

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.