Tips and Tricks

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I’d say it will eventually be worth moving this thread to a more secure location.

Anyway, I’m sure we have all picked up a couple of pointers to share with the rest of the crew. I realise some of the things posted here will be obvious to some.

Mine are as follows:

Trouble finding the correct side of the station to dock? All stations rotate anti-clockwise, so no more going around the back.

If your speed is too high while approaching an unidentified signal source, or similar, switch to your navigation screen, and either unlock your current destination, or lock on to something else. The *majority* of the time, you will slow down to your set speed, and you can select the original target again, without over shooting it.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 12 months ago by AvatarSketchy.
      • This topic was modified 5 years, 12 months ago by AvatarSketchy.
      • This topic was modified 5 years, 12 months ago by AvatarSketchy. Reason: I like to edit, edit
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

You’ll find a few places where missions on the bulletin board ask you to find items, that are actually already sold at that station. Worth checking, easy money.

Participant

Bounties are safer to clear at outposts, especially if you have a lot of heat on you.

Participant
      Triarii

You don’t actually need to remember which way the stations rotate (specifically talking about the rotating dice ones). As soon as you nav lock to them there will be arrows on the side of the hologram on the bottom left of your HUD which point toward the entrance.

-X

Eat Plasma!

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Leaving the fight with an annie to kill a civvy adder is not productive.

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Always have your landing gear deployed when inside a starport, it disables the boost so you don’t accidentally slam into the wall.

Participant
        Triarii

Always have your landing gear deployed when inside a starport, it disables the boost so you don’t accidentally slam into the wall.

Lol.

I’ve done this more than once.

-X

Eat Plasma!

Participant
        Principes

Following on from this… If you are doing a mission involving illicit cargo… Turn off auto dock before you zoom in to a station or else when you try and stop it auto docks you in to a wall and you lose all your cargo. 😛

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

We have a few repeat offenders in here :p

Participant
      Triarii

One should definitely not boost out the envelope, hey Scanlon 😛

-X

Eat Plasma!

Participant

Especially when there’s not enough room for the vulture leaving the station, the t9 entering the station, and yourself… 😉

Let me know when you get back down here, I’ll drop off some goods.

Participant
      Triarii

Keep a close eye on your fuel gauge when planning long trips. 

Eat Plasma!

Participant

Remember your scoopable stars with this phrase:

KGB FOAM

Those T Tauri stars look so nice, but are a trap for young players.

Participant
        Principes

KGB FOAM sounds better than FOG KBAM, sounds like the name for Stalin’s fire extinguisher.. 😛

Participant
        Triarii

You can also remember the scoopable star types like this:

Slide up to the star all suave like and say ‘Oh Be A Fine Girl and Kiss Me’

And then give her a cheeky little wink. 😉

-X

Eat Plasma!

You can also remember the scoopable star types like this: Slide up to the star all suave like and say ‘Oh Be A Fine Girl and Kiss Me’ And then give her a cheeky little wink. ;) -X

We need a lockable room to keep this one in and away from normal people….

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.