Upcoming changes

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Website Ideas --- Upcoming changes

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.

Just a quick heads up that I’ll be changing the styling to the page A LOT over the next couple of days as I find a nice balance, I’m not happy with the way the forums display at the moment.

So you’re not drunk, you’ll see stuff changing a lot.

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I think something in line with the sigs (colourwise) but definitely something darker.  I’m using these forums through a reflection on tinted glass at the moment.

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Also, is there a way to lose the double spacing on the threads.  It’s giving me the shits.  :p

Keymaster

Also, is there a way to lose the double spacing on the threads. It’s giving me the shits. :p

No, since the great Typography war of 2876 the use of single spacing was banned.

You don’t want to go to jail, Do you?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by AvatarCMDR Ping. Reason: Misspelled 'typography'
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I’m not receiving email notification of replies to posts I have start or subscribed to. Is the issue universal, or just me not setting something up correctly?

It has been brought up before, but I cannot edit my posts. My permission setting, maybe?

Some spelling issues in places, am happy to PM you Ping if you would like them pointed out?

The site is getting easier to use, all the time, I appreciate your work 🙂

Cheers.

Supreme OverlordSupreme Overlord
      Keymaster

I’m not receiving email notification of replies to posts I have start or subscribed to. Is the issue universal, or just me not setting something up correctly? It has been brought up before, but I cannot edit my posts.

The edit timeout I thought I fixed, obviously I had that wrong.

The notifications I was not aware, I generally don’t suscribe to many forum threads so my email account does not go berserk.

The site is getting easier to use, all the time, I appreciate your work Cheers.

Thanks, I am trying, I did not go with a traditional forum framework to do something different and more flexible, it is a lot more work but I hope it is worth it.

Supreme OverlordSupreme Overlord
      Keymaster

but I cannot edit my posts. My permission setting, maybe?

CSS Coding

Forum making in the process.

I did a bit of this and I think it is now fixed

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Test for edit 🙂

Participant

Okay, where is this edit function you speak of?

Ah, looking great! Thanks for that mate 🙂

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by AvatarSketchy. Reason: I likea, do, the edit
        Keymaster

You can reply to some parts directlly as well.

By hitting reply instead of quote.  Only allowed up to 2 levels deep to avoid the weird waterfall effect.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by AvatarCMDR Ping.
      Keymaster

test for my edit….

Edit: I set my user to the same level as you, and it now works, I tried giving you 150 years to edit your post but it didn’t like it.  It likes 3 days.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by AvatarCMDR Ping. Reason: I like to edit, edit.. I like to edit, edit... I like to edit, edit... I Like TO, EDIT!!!
      Participant
      Angel of DiscoveryCenturion

Just out of interest, how are you guys setting your forum sigs? I can’t seem to find the option anywhere and I want to show off Ping’s work.

Participant
        CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

BBCodes – very much like HTML markup.  See here for syntax:

http://www.bbcode.org/reference.php

So, in your profile, where you can edit your sig, put something like:

[­CENTER]

[­IMG]<your sigpic url>[­/IMG]

[­/CENTER]

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
      Participant

Thanks mate, apologies for hijacking thread 🙂

Participant

lol, how about now?

Participant

Okay, that should do it.

Participant

Got it now.

Participant

Okay, I’m going to leave this thread alone now and wallow in my embarrassment.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Participant

And… I’ve done it. Apologies, I’ve only been out of charted space for a couple of days and the crazy is setting in.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

If you want to go mad, try ‘escaping’ parts of the BBCode tags so they will show as plain text in the forum :p

Glad you got your sig in this forum fixed Dan, hopefully you can concentrate on your journey now (and narrate to us the story along the way!) – Nothing worse than setting off on a long expedition and having to see to minor technical issues with your navcom :p

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.