Update regarding Horizons.

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Elite: Dangerous Discussion --- Update regarding Horizons.

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Angel of DiscoveryCenturion

Apologies if this is not news to everyone, but it was to me.

I was under the assumption that by the end of the Horizons “season” we would be able to touch down on Earth-Like planets to visit grandma. Well, apparently there will be no flying our Ships through the streets of New New York or touching down in an angry farmers paddock. That will be coming in a later season apparently.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=191878&page=10&p=2958448#post2958448

Never the less I’m still looking forward to boosting around icy glaciers and dusty ridges in my buggy as well as soaring through canyons in my Clipper trying not to break the damn wings off!

Participant
      Foederati

I didn’t know officially but I suspected that would be the case. I think that ‘no atmo’ landings are a very good start. I also think that the development of games such as ‘No Man’s Sky’ and other advances in procedural generation (as well as Frontier’s own advancements) will make landing in New New York a reality in the not too distant future.

"They call me Trinity"

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Yeah I do recall they said atmospheric landings are still a way off.  Either way, that still leaves a lot of exploring to do 🙂

Participant
      Triarii

i am pretty interessted how they do it … even with just big spheres of dirt this project is huge …

but i am still indifferent if i gonna like it or not … means: if i want to buy it … or not.

:: Si vis pacem, para bellum ::

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I see this being amazing, planetary bases, land battles, discovering all kinds of different things.  I can’t wait.

Participant
      Foederati

A galactic sandbox. This has the potential to be truly profound.

"They call me Trinity"

And then there’s the Angeli Imperial Grand Prix 😛

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Totally keen to get into this one.

ED is coming alone nicely.

Participant
      Centurion

Ohh.  Good idea DaMorgs.  Lets all have a race in our brand new SRVs once Horizons launches.  I would love to see the ensuing comedy.

HIP 20199 - Assistant to the Custodian

An Epitome of Elegance... And Class

I’m thinking a canyon somewhere, start at one end, finish at the other, no rules, only alcoholic drinks allowed. 🙂

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I’m already there 😉

wait, hang on where were we?

Mmm Tuesday drinks…

Participant

You guys are always one stumble ahead of me.

Bless you.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.