We've _Really_ Arrived Now!

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Website Ideas --- We've _Really_ Arrived Now!

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I note that in addition to re-textured pins and sigpics we also have a favicon for the website.

We’re a serious organisation now!!

@mrping
      – lovin’ your work, as always 😀

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
      Keymaster
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.

Thanks, not happy with the favicon yet.  Will redo it soon.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Perhaps a simplified version of the “winged sword” as favicon? – Might or might not work – I understand you don’t have a lot of pixels to work with!

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
      Keymaster

I tried it, it looked pretty bad, too much detail.

The one we previously had looked like Carrot Top on a bad hair day.

favicon

Participant

I see what you mean.  This next suggestion is very C=64 / Amiga, but if it was me with that graphic, i’d try for something very minimalist:

• Sword blade thin, straight down (3px wide, don’t anti-alias).  Middle line 1-2px longer to give impression of sword point.
      • Go for much simplified wings and snakes:
        • Something like < > or  for the snakes
        • Something like \ / (maybe a bit fatter) for the wings
      • So, its obviously stylised, but you get the gist of it, without trying for too much detail

Its that or heavily anti alias the AI so it doesnt look so muddy

Keymaster

I updated it again, I think it looks better and closer to where it should be opinions welcome.

favicon (1)

Participant

Quickdraw McGraw!

That’s almost there!

I’d halve the thickness of the blade and call it done 😀

Participant

…talk about an “agile project” 😎

Keymaster

I’d halve the thickness of the blade and call it done 😀

That is one pixel wide, that is as thin as it goes.

Keymaster

Fixed it again, some ragged pixels around there making it look more like antlers.

Participant

My eyes are either a lot better or a lot worse than I think they are.

Either way, that’s a really good facsimile of the winged sword emblem.

If we ever catch up in person, I owe you a beverage of your choice 🙂

(Edit: I see what’s going on – in firefox, when this site is not the active tab, the favicon looks farking fantastic.  When the tab is active, I see the anti-aliasing around the blade and the blade turns the colour of the tab :-S  )

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.