about weapon balance

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Elite: Dangerous Discussion --- about weapon balance

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Triarii

if you ask yourself if there are weapons that are overpowerd … the answer must be yes.

enjoy the “why” 😉

:: Si vis pacem, para bellum ::

Participant
      Centurion

Thank you Aurelius,

I found that argument towards asymmetrical balance quite compelling and enjoyable to hear.  I have always been in favor of asymmetrical balance even though I also love games like Chess.

I have opinions on how E:D does it’s balance and I am basically in favor of how it is currently done with few exceptions.

HIP 20199 - Assistant to the Custodian

An Epitome of Elegance... And Class

Participant
      CenturionAngel of Death

Yep. As the devs keep updating the game their finding the asymmetrical balance between energy-efficient weapons (better against lots of things and forgiving to use) and high-damage-per-second weapons (can take a single target down fast but require lots of energy management).

The “best” weapons for the job are dependent on what you want to do with them and what you intend to face–which I why I run FDL builds which fly in the face of the current meta, preferring burst damage over efficiency. I really only expect that I’ll be fighting other commanders in small 1v1 or 2v2 setting.

Now when horizons hits I get to load my FDL with X4 plasma accelerators  😀

Participant
      Triarii

but they change variables only on the offensive side, not on the defensive. yes … there are different armor types, but not different shields (yea, i ignore prism shields for now).

we know that multi cans are a bit overpowered .. the logical thing to do would be to add different shield types to conter that … or settings for the shield … like “select one type of weapon, you have double the protection against that”

this would be the end of all-one-weapon ships.

:: Si vis pacem, para bellum ::

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.