CMDR Deke Rowanm reporting!

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Off-Topic --- CMDR Deke Rowanm reporting!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Foederati

Hey all! Figured I’d try and introduce myself here a bit. I picked up the game on release day, and immediatley fell in love. This is my first in the Elite series, but I was sure to pick up an X52 Pro for this! I dabbled in Bounty Hunting, Exploring, and Trading, but found my niche with combat. I originaly fought for the Federation, but decided against it when I ran with a bad group of people who pretty much stabbed me in the back. It was a contract job, long story. Anyways, Ive always been an Imperial in any game that has an Empire, and I stumbled across your group by chance. I did my research, and you all seem like a great group.

A bit ,ore on the personal side, though. I’m a recently seperated Veteran (US) after eight years of service. I’m married and my wife and I have one daughter. I’m a bit more of a casual gamer these days, mostly at night and on the weekends. I’m East Coast US, also. Anyways, I literally just dropped into the Wangal system. Time to see whats up. DONT SHOOT ON SIGHT!

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Hey there CMDR Deke Rowan, welcome to the AI 🙂

Quite a few of us are older guys and casual gamers. That being said, I’m starting to get on most days, nights and early mornings…

Looking forward to working with you. Saturday night (Friday I think for you?) is the darts and beer evening.
      There are no darts.

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Welcome mate, there’s a couple of veterans here too, myself included (ex Royal Air Force), now living in Australia.

We are a predominantly Aus/NZ based group but picking up more and more overseas players as we go so there should always be somebody on with you.  Make sure you jump on teamspeak and say hi!

Participant
      Foederati

Great to see other vets, I’ve worked with a few Australians overseas. Great group of guys. Australians, Brits, and Canadians. Add us Americans into the mix, and you got a rowdy bunch!

After doing a bit of research, however, I will need access to the forums to read the TS info. Thanks in advance!

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Good on ya Justin – Hopefully we bump into each other & wing up.

What sort of combat ship are you flying?

Participant
      Foederati

I just recently got back in after the Power Play update, so I’m running what WAS a top of the line Viper. I’ve come to see that is no longer the situation, and I can tell in combat (PvP). I’m gonna have to start doing Bounties and such again, hopefully start increasing my Empire standing.

Participant
      Foederati

Also, trying to fix the name thing. I can imagine it’d get tricky trying to match real names to CMDR names.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Some do that name thing on purpose…

Top combat ships here are the Courier/Vulture then Clipper.

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

If you want, I’m able to change your name in the forums to match up.

Participant
      Principes

Welcome! Try to shoot for Courier if you have Master Rank with empire. Outstanding performance with reasonable price (hull+fittings).

Participant

and (ahem) cheap insurance

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Welcome aboard – hope to see you in space some time.

Grab any of us via TS if you want to wing up & get some credits/kills under your belt.

As @Sketchy says, Saturday night for beer and, um, stuff.

@Hazara
      ; we all know you like that ‘new ship’ smell – which # courier are you up to now?

Participant

Cheeky bugger, I have only lost 3 couriers in that last 4 weeks – my current one I have had for two weeks plus.

Thought I was going to lose another one leaving Nanoman on Sunday night – but thats a story that probably shouldnt be recorded.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.