Engineers why you should care..

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Elite: Dangerous Discussion --- Engineers why you should care..

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      CenturionAngel of DiscoveryAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement MissionAngel of Trade

“the Pilots Federation ranks (including combat, trade, exploration and CQC) will influence some engineers”

What do you all think of this?

I think it’s a cheap shot to force people into a game they don’t want to play and will never have any interest in. I say “game” and not “game mode”, because CQC isn’t even a part of the main game. However, that doesn’t mean there isn’t a shallow tacked on rank, (supposedly the equal of exploration, combat and trade), in the right panel of the main game, created just because CQC was a new, shiny, flavour of the moment thing at the time.

Assistant Angeli Imperial Custodian (Wangal)

Qui Desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum. | Quis custodiet Ipsos custodes.
      Nascentes morimur. | Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

Participant
      CenturionAngel of StrategyAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Or a way to allow multiple different paths to unlock an Engineers assistance.

It is some engineers, and engineers will allow access to several blueprints.

Engineer 1 might have blueprint C available for CQC champion.

Engineer 2 might have blueprint C for Federal Naval Ensigns

Of course, since all we have is one Dev update to go one, we can jump to all the conclusions we want and condemn a system we haven’t even seen the rules for, or how it will work.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Yeah I agree with you Xsannz, CQC shouldn’t influence anything in game.
      Surely Frontier will come to their senses when they launch the update.

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Agree with the CQC side, but the way I see it going is ship upgrades to really start modifying and personalizing your ship.

I also expect that these ‘blueprints’ and the materials required will be expensive along with the rank/reputation required.  Imagine that FdL with the blueprints for an increased FSD, or that Courier with a better power plant.  The Cutter with upgraded thrusters making it more maneuverable…..

I’m quietly excited about this.

Participant
      Centurion

I don’t mind CQC.  I like to jump into it from time to time.  I mildly dislike the addition of a CQC rank in the System Panel, but mostly because there is absolutely no lore justification for it being there.  CQC is supposed to be in a simulated environment, why on Capitol would the Pilot’s Federation give it a rank (Says the dedicated video gamer)?

I think it’s fine to have it allow access to an engineer.  As long as that same engineer has a separate path to unlock the same blueprint.  If there is a CQC-addicted engineer with some rare blueprint that is only found in two places (one of which is 600ly away), I would be upset.

While yes, @xsannz I do think of CQC as a separate game sold with ED instead of for ED, I also believe it’s quite fun if you can get past what I affectionately call “CoD Fever”, in which the mechanics of a game seem geared towards making you upset.  I personally enjoy the heck out of CQC.  I just wish there was something more fulfilling there.  No, I don’t mean more unlocks.

HIP 20199 - Assistant to the Custodian

An Epitome of Elegance... And Class

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I haven’t launched cqc, and it’s not on my horizon (pun intended).
      Devils advocate here…
      I’m happy for additional stuff, and I can see that modes can be added to lore – as the universe has evolved past the old hyperspace drives, star dreaming is a thing of the past, you don’t have instant FA off in combat (like first encounters, where atmospheric combat suddenly turned into a battle of bricks)…
      But at the same time, I don’t want to find that I’m handicapped in the main game because I don’t play the side game.

Participant
      Triarii

I can’t imagine that they would actually do it so that one would be handicapped by not playing the side game. That would be outrageous, I’d like to think I have more faith in them than that. Lol

Master of Chunks

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.