Governments and politics in Elite Dangerous

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Elite: Dangerous Discussion --- Governments and politics in Elite Dangerous

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Hey guys

Saw this while lurking, as I do.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=225156

This covers off a lot of the lore surrounding the different government types in Elite.
      That is, of course, our Glorious Empire, and some other reprobates.

Speaking of which, I’m planning a trip to visit Rhea this Friday after work – anyone want to come along?

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

…I’m planning a trip to visit Rhea this Friday after work – anyone want to come along?

After reading all of that, you would feel like shooting something.
      Sure, happy to set sail for Rhea, I hear it is beautiful this time of year.
      Until we get there and break stuff.

Participant
      Centurion

Rhea?  I’m either tired and missing something obvious, or just ill-informed.

HIP 20199 - Assistant to the Custodian

An Epitome of Elegance... And Class

Participant

HQ for Felicia Winters. Popular system for Federal CMDRs.

Participant

And popular system for imperial commanders who wish to break stuff…

Participant

I have three active Fed commanders on my “friends” list too. I haven’t had any issues instancing with them…so…you know…

Participant
      Centurion

Ah!  I would love to take a little stroll with you lot!

Participant
      Angel of DiscoveryCenturion

Everyone ignores my posts. I feel so… ignored ;(

Hehe, it’s an interesting read though right? Breaths some fresh air into the bubble of colonised space. I hope they start spouting out more info like this and perhaps use it to puff up some Galnet articles. It’d go a ways to making the galaxy feel more “alive” I think. We could even have weekly gossip columns on which Senators are rumoured to be engaged in affairs with other Senators or corruption with corporate CEOs. I’d honestly find that more interesting than the current “minor faction state” articles we are currently bombarded with. Sure the information would be technically useless but at least it would be slightly interesting :).

Participant
        Centurion

Some months ago, there was a gossip article.  It detailed the affair between Princess Aisling and Senator Patreus.  Including but not limited to attending banquets together, being seen at high-class restaurants on Achenar together and, being seen boarding the same shuttle to ‘retire’ for the night aboard Senator Patreus’ flagship.

I really liked those articles/story lines.  But in 1.3 when succession for the throne started to be determined, they just completely forgot about it.  Patreus started to support Lavigny, Aisling hated Lavigny.

Nothing has been posted about the two sense.  The way I see it, if something happened during the succession which tore them apart, why not tell the CMDRs?

I also really want more depth to the universe.  We could use with more politicking and advertising in the news.  I’ll never say those words again…

Participant

Did you post that too Dan? Sorry, I missed it too 🙁
      Try chucking some info about killing Feds in there next time, that’ll draw me in 😉

Participant
      Angel of DiscoveryCenturion

🙂

Pew Pew @ Feds

(am I doing it right?)

Participant

Yeah, that’s the stuff.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.