Hold the Line in HIP 20199

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Elite: Dangerous Discussion --- Hold the Line in HIP 20199

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Well done, Angeli:

We’ve crossed 75% influence in HIP 20199 and have Expansion Pending.

Now we just need to keep influence at or above 75% and end our current Boom.

In HIP 20199 can we now:

1. Concentrate on handing in bounties / exploration data
      2. Cease trade into HIP 20199 (Update: nothing I’ve read suggests ‘normal’ trade adds to boom)
      3. Avoid trade / mining / smuggling missions for AIE in HIP 20199 – Kill missions should be OK
      HIP 20199 - Expansion Pending

Expansion Pending

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

SWEET!!

I’ll bring out the Queen and go hunting.

Participant
      Angel of DiscoveryCenturion

You little ripper!

For anyone interested I find the following thread super-useful with anything BGS related:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=193064

Participant
        CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

This _is_ rather good Dan, thx for the update!

Prior to seeing this, I’d already updated Mission page based on re-reading the MB info you’d previously linked us to on FD forum.  The new info seems to back the alterations I made to Mission Page tonight

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
      Participant
      Principes

I can confirm we need to avoid both the non-commodity missions. I took both the “mission will fail on ship scan” as well as the regular variety, and both gave us some ECONOMIC BOOM. Both times the requirements were exploration related.

Donations are ok though, the only lead to ECONOMIC BUST…

Attachments:
      Participant

Just a thought. I wonder if we should give ourselves a little more influence “breathing room” before we go headlong into trying to kill the boom, perhaps another 3-5%? We took an influence hit in the most recent server tick (still above 75% though), got me worried we might risk restarting the Influence Pending timer, which I believe is 5 days. Just a thought.

Also, there’s this little quote from the thread I linked to earlier:

Boom: We haven’t found a truly useful purpose for boom yet; however, some player groups suspect that in can be used to upgrade your shipyard and outfitting, though I haven’t seen conclusive evidence for this. The readily apparent effect that Boom does have is on the commodity market, boosting profits by about ten percent. As profit is made from this boost, it subtracts from a “Boom Value” and once that is spent the boom will end, otherwise the Boom can last up to 4 weeks. While this lasts, trade missions and actions contribute twice as much to influence change in the system.

Need to dig through the thread again and see if anyone else has had experience with this. If it’s an actual mechanic it could be a way to end this darn boomin’ thang.

Participant
      Principes

I’m concerned that this 75% is a bit paper thin too. It’s going to drop any moment.

How does this work? I assassinated 1 target, then they asked me to take a couple of Authority Vessels, which I also did. The reward was a big red line for influence. I think this fail cost me 16K in bounties…

Attachments:
        Participant

Ah, that’s the old, “We need someone who can kill good.  Can you kill good?  Kill <some random-a$$> and prove it” – I’ve fallen for that one before and posted in these hallowed halls about it

Don’t worry – just another reminder of yet another mission that doesn’t help us at this time

Participant

Just a thought. I wonder if we should give ourselves a little more influence “breathing room” before we go headlong into trying to kill the boom, perhaps another 3-5%?

Hence my adjustment to original post and mission page last night

[snip] … got me worried we might risk restarting the Influence Pending timer, which I believe is 5 days.

– It is 5 days – On updated mission page, which links (via your original link) to MBs notes in the FD forum on said topic.

The readily apparent effect that Boom does have is on the commodity market, boosting profits by about ten percent. As profit is made from this boost, it subtracts from a “Boom Value” and once that is spent the boom will end, otherwise the Boom can last up to 4 weeks. While this lasts, trade missions and actions contribute twice as much to influence change in the system.

[snip] …  If it’s an actual mechanic it could be a way to end this darn boomin’ thang.

Again, hence my adjustment to original post and mission page last night having re-read MBs notes.

Your new link to info from Dukes of Mikunn serve to underline the adjusted priorities in HIP 20199

Participant

Apologies for the unintended parroting Schnelly. If only I’d actually checked out your update to the Mission Status page like I should have I’d have realised my entire post was redundant.

Anyhoo, Onwards Angeli!

Participant

Its all good @DanDority! – Your link to Dukes of Mikunn’s current font of knowledge is very helpful given the parlous state of the BGS.

• NB:  We’ve completed 3 (of 5) days of Expansion countdown as at server tick just completed;
      • We’re now at 76% influence and I’ve pushed the others down by taking and accidentally (on purpose) failing to complete med influence missions for the other factions;
      • I’ve also been trading 1000-2000T of  Imp. Slaves / Land Enrichment Systems into Fabricius per day – plus whatever ‘generic’ Imperial bounties from sorties into RES.

All of these very recent posts focus our attention on what we need to be doing in the next couple of days.  It also serves to update us all on what is currently known about BGS.

I’d have liked to have had a pop-up on login / refresh of AIE site yesterday directing ppl to check updated mission page for current priorities, but as stated above – I think the discussion == update/refresher is good for us.

Participant
      Principes

Apparently the influence stats listed on the SYSTEM STATUS screen are not real-time, which explains why I’ve only ever seen it change once during a mission grinding session. Now I see we’re heading back in the right direction again, I feel much better. Though I’ve got to admit I couldn’t be bothered reading the linked content, and don’t really understand. So, I’ll just take your word for it. Onwards and upwards!

Participant

The server seems to tick over once a day at around 11:30pm AUEST, so that’s when any influence or state changes become visible.

BUT WAIT!!!!

Midnight crackpot idea time (please debunk if I’m way off-target with this one)

We break the Boom by entering into a Civil War in Wangal between AIE and Bureau of Wangal. They’re not that far apart in influence right now (37% vs 31%). Three day wait time from pending to outbreak of war, minimum three days of war, zero days of cool-down: so six days to break the Boom. This removes all risk of dropping below 75% in HIP20199 as we don’t need to be selective in mission choice, other influence related activities etc.

Please tell me that I’m crazy and this is a silly idea.

Participant
        Principes

All sounds good to me whatever way it plays out. My head is spinning like a top.

Participant

Dan, this is a very good “Plan B” should Expansion not trigger on Friday night’s tick.  Extra rep *3 for use of an excellent Kramer skit!!

For now, given we’re largely limited to straight trade / bounties, let’s see if:
      (a) Expansion overrides the BOOM; Or,
      (b) Trading activity with no missions “consumes” the Boom beforehand

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

LOL I got one of those kill good branches from an assanation mission in yuggera last night… cashed in about 300k in the end with a bit of a “dont come back to yuggera for a while”.

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

LOL I got one of those kill good branches from an assanation mission in yuggera last night… cashed in about 300k in the end with a bit of a “dont come back to yuggera for a while”.

I can’t remember the last time I was welcome in Yuggera…..

Participant
      Principes

Ouch, that was a painful tick, we’re back down to 75%! Got plenty of assassination missions yesterday, but they ran dry today so I’m just bounty hunting and trading between Nelder and Fabster. I accidentally accepted a “kill stuff good” mission and just aborted it, since last time it just cost us influence anyway.

Participant

Almad State and HIP 20199 Empire League’s influence values both jumped sharply – that is very suspicious.

This is against a backdrop of in the order of 10,000T or more of profitable cargo being shipped into Fab between last night’s tick and tonights

I have means of redressing this turn of events

Participant
      Principes

Weird, yeah I noticed those guys seem to have soaked up the influence. This game works in mysterious ways.

I’m getting a few quality missions coming through now and I’m prepared to grind away to help rectify the situation. I finally started getting ‘medium’ influence kill missions tonight, which is a first for me. I’m trying to work out exactly how the bulletin board refreshes so I can milk it good.

Participant
      Principes

I’ve done another 8 kill missions and 2 donations today. Figured out a little more about how the BB refreshes. From what I gather, each instance of a station gets new missions every 5 or 10 minutes, and Solo sort of counts as it’s own instance (which is why you can’t just keep swapping from Open to Solo and expect to see new missions each time). I just visit Elson 1st, then Fab, collecting as many kill missions as possible, then carry out the missions, then repeat. If I get to Fab and haven’t found any missions, then it’s either time for a break or a quick trade run to Nelder and back. That’s my current mission grinding algorithm.

The blue Influence bar at the end of a mission is just as static as the System Status screens Influence %. That doesn’t shed any light on how healthy our influence is looking between server ticks. I measured it with a ruler and it’s pretty clear it doesn’t change. The only useful thing about it might be that if you screengrab it and count the pixels, you’ll probably get a slightly more accurate idea of our exact influence at the last server tick, including a few decimal places, though I haven’t tested that theory yet.

Participant

Angeli,

We can resume doing trade/mining missions in HIP 20199 to ensure influence stays > 75% – AIE in Wangal has Election Pending (with Bureau of Wangal)

Hopefully we enter Expansion from HIP 20199 after the Election event triggers and completes in Wangal.

Keep up the great work! – with the BGS influence tweaks by FD, its been a long campaign, thus far.  We’ve done really well to sustain the momentum, but we should be in the final bend before the home straight now

Participant
      Principes

Still 2.7% behind in Wangal people, just smash out some missions here tonight guys. This election is on the verge of breaking me.

Participant
      Principes

*HAPPYDANCE*

I guess we have just one more day before the Wangal election results?

Attachments:
      Participant

Here’s hoping Psylem!

Although Michael Brookes has stated that the minimum length of an Election is 3 days while the maximum is 5; if all is working as intended (which it often isn’t, but in the case of Elections I think it’s reliable info). So we may have to widen the gap a bit if we want it to end prematurely.

Regardless, hopefully the next tick results in the winning of the Election followed by Angeli Expansion time!

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=193064

Participant
      Principes

Has Portagos opened up a more profitable loop between Wangal and Fabricius? Thrudds Trade Calculator is telling me HIP 20199 has no stations :/ Never mind, EDDB tells me superconductors for a measly 750cr profit to Fab and nothing on the return leg. The Nelder smokes and slaves run still wins.

A closer look at the Donations mission rewards shows that the results reduce “Bust”, so Donations aren’t going to help us avoid another Boom, though they may or may not contribute to  it. Looks like just kill missions and trade to be on the safe side.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.