Improved Penalties for PvP..?

Home --- Forums --- Angeli Imperial Operations --- Combat Forum --- Improved Penalties for PvP..?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

So, while I’m laid up for the evening (stupid RL injuries), have been trawling the interwebs on all things elite.

This popped up:
      Sandro regarding PvP and random killers https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=226764&p=3483597%23post3483597

Thoughts are that to bring players into open, having increased penalties for smoking low-ranked cmdrs.
      Which actually makes a bit of sense; pilot federation carries insurance, fosters good will between cmdrs and those poor, grounded plebs.

Penalties could include fines (better/bigger), increases to insurance costs, inability to dock in high-security systems for X time…

We’ve already seen bounty maximums and bounty decay introduced (due to the exploits), but would docking refusal work?

I like shooting stuff. Cmdrs make great prey.
      Being disallowed to dock in federation space for a few days might not really worry me, but it might be enough to keep some people on the straight ‘n’ narrow?

Thoughts?

Participant
      Triarii

Ah. I think that would be kind of smart. Though I mostly like picking on smaller ships, it would definitely dissuade me from attacking.

Master of Chunks

Participant
        CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Isn’t just about everything smaller than your ship? 🙂

I think the relative rank difference would be a good indicator – so maybe a sliding scale at which the Pilots Federation unwrap the cotton wool?
        So (elite vs harmless) would incur a bigger penalty than (elite vs competent).

Participant
        Triarii

Ah. Yes. That makes sense, and would be actually kind of cool.

Master of Chunks

Participant
      Centurion

Maybe a faction-based docking refusal based on Pilot’s Fed ranking?  I believe if the Pilot’s Fed actually hammered you with a penalty it would be international.  I don’t want that.

We could have something like much larger bounties (big, BIG bounties that get you on the most wanted list faster) and stations that are hostile towards us.

I’m all for it.  Bear it mind though Simian, there are still non-Federal systems within their sphere of influence.  Those systems keep me alive when I undermine.

HIP 20199 - Assistant to the Custodian

An Epitome of Elegance... And Class

Participant

The post annoys me. There is some absolute dribbles flowing from the mouths of some of the posters.
      Some really excellent ideas there too. I’m going to try to avoid it all.

More importantly, what did you do to youself Simian?

Participant

he post annoys me. There is some absolute dribbles flowing from the mouths of some of the posters. Some really excellent ideas there too. I’m going to try to avoid it all. More importantly, what did you do to youself Simian?

Yeah, there’s some bollox in that forum – people who want the game to adhere to their wants, and screw the actual game.

And all I did was aggravate the old whiplash injury – so my left hand side is pretty much unusable… and yep, medication is evil.

Participant

No good bro. A local anaesthetic should help – like vodka.

On a side note, I can’t send the HOTAS until Monday, as I live out in the sticks. Sounds like it will be of little use to you anyway 🙂

Participant

Sweet as – thanks buddy.

Yeah, the pills I’m on only say ‘limit alcohol’.  It doesn’t say ‘just no’, or even quantify what a limit should be.

But no heavy machinery for me.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.