Insignia and Hierarchy

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Website Ideas --- Insignia and Hierarchy

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Centurion

@mrping I’ve been wondering if you could (Praise the name Ping!) make sticky forum post (similar to the forum ranks post) which explain the different pins/wings such as “Angel of Death/Trade/Discovery”.  I eventually (sort of.. maybe?) figured it out, but I’ve been a member for 6 months.

Perhaps something which outlines why people have them, how they got them, and what their intended purpose is?

Maybe we could also have a (Praise the name Ping!  Glory to the website master!) page or sticky post which details all of the different positions and their current holders.  What/who are Security Agents?  What/who is the Director of Combat Operations?  And so on.

HIP 20199 - Assistant to the Custodian

An Epitome of Elegance... And Class

CenturionAngel of DiscoveryAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement MissionAngel of Trade

I asked something similar when I joined the group, @mrping our esteemed webmaster pointed out they are given upon nomination of another AIE member seeing something or you in action performing a deed, although a breakdown is an incentive and whom has them etc.

Assistant Angeli Imperial Custodian (Wangal)

Qui Desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum. | Quis custodiet Ipsos custodes.
      Nascentes morimur. | Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

Participant
        Centurion

I am well aware, it was your post which I read last night that prompted me to post this one.

As I’ve read the responses to my completely reasonable post, I am reminded once again why the AI is so damn fun.

HIP 20199 - Assistant to the Custodian

An Epitome of Elegance... And Class

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I agree, this would be beneficial.  Praise the Mighty Lord @MrPing

Keymaster
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.

If you summon him he might rise….

the question is, can you handle his wrath is you anger him?

————–

You want to make me write stuff?

This is where the good ol @vasious, and @baronvonschnellenstein shine! The Baroun put a great list together a couple weeks ago but it was posted behind the velvet rope, which you might get through shortly (Once I get the sample in the mail).

I’ll get it done eventually, lets call it AI “2.0”, or season 2..

Participant
        CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I should probably ‘tabulate’ what I wrote a couple of weeks ago in a format for general consumption and combine it with the other stuff that I know of within the group (re medals/insignia) – Then perhaps @MrPing can turn it into a page or something

With respect to current org structure, it has been posted (can’t remember if it is “behind the velvet rope” or whether in the Operations section, but its been buried by the sands of time) – I’ll try to find it – Possibly we should make the contents of that a page under “About Us” so that ppl can contact folks in the ‘org chart’ if they have specific questions about specific E : D “careers”

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
      CenturionAngel of DiscoveryAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement MissionAngel of Trade

behind the velvet rope, which you might get through shortly (Once I get the sample in the mail).

I think the velvet rope was used to tie me down to get my sample does that count.

Just threw this together with the last 40 active members from the members page.

Spreadsheet is better, as the image compressed the text slightly

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Very nice!  Well, I was going to slap you today, because I can.  I’ll wait until tomorrow now.  Because I can.

Very nice! Well, I was going to slap you today, because I can. I’ll wait until tomorrow now. Because I can.

A slap, whatever for, and yes please, I shall turn the other cheek as well, but a slap is the sign you want a dueling challenge, if that is the case Charlize is ready to wrestle the Queen.

although i can see this ending in a jousting tournament as we both yell ramming speed, how many scb’s can you trigger as we collide ?

Ramming Speed?  Jousting?

Oooh, she’s quivering with anticipation.  I’m slightly moist too.

And she will be firing 3 class A SCBs to boost her A7 shields. 🙂

Slap.

hmmm FDL is running class A as well but i think i might just upgrade by shield boosters first 🙂

If Queen is quivering its probably one of the FTL drivers running a bit lumpy I’d get that checked out, as for your “”Moist issue””  i believe they make adult diapers that can fix that, i should have some leftover in Berta’s exploration Kit if you need them.

:) Slap.

Now I’m quivering like a schoolboy with his first dirty magazine.

I’ve had the odd pirate and Fed try a joust with The Queen.

At least they tried….

I get the innate feeling that you treat Queen like an extension of your appendage and just like slapping people in the face with it.

@mrping do you the Vector drawings of the signatures and insignia  Badges.

I am thinking something along the line of adding the Insignia badges to the Rank line offset slightly to line up with the bottom edge of the AIE logo or drop the whole side to be in line and add them across the top, not so much for our forums but to show insignia badges on a signature when we use it on third party sites such as Fdev forums etc.

Edit: Something like the attached.  What do you guys think?

Attachments:

Participant
        CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I like where you’re coming from, but I think it might look a bit ‘busy’, esp when the sigpic contains the AIE Member’s title/office

Using our AIE sigpic on the FD forums ‘as-is’ I think keeps our ‘advertising’ digestible.

That said, it is just one viewpoint.

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
      Keymaster

I did make this a while back, but it might need an update…

http://angeliimperial.com/chain-of-command/

Looks good but as you say perhaps out of date.

Participant

Just threw this together with the last 40 active members from the members page. Spreadsheet is better, as the image compressed the text slightly

This is great @Xsannz

I will begin tonight to add a sheet or two which explain what the current medals ‘mean’, along with descriptions/explanations of other medals/ribbons planned and discussed. Hopefully I can post a completed one tomorrow.

This will hopefully promote further ideas and suggestions on other medals and ribbons we might want to invent 😀

It was just a quickish throw together feel free to expand on it,

I get what you mean by too busy it was just an idea to get some feedback on, I am trying to grind out some trade ranks so I can earn the trade badge here, as I date say the combat one will take a lot longer

Participant

@MrPing, @DaMorgs, @Xsannz:

Please find attached a 70% complete document, building on what Xsannz started.

I have:

• Added a few more columns and added descriptive information to the original sheet
      • Added a sheet with ‘Active medals’, what they mean and how they are awarded
      • Added a sheet (that I need to populate) with proposed medals, formatted as above.  I shall fill this latter section out tomorrow – I’d actually like to play the game now!!

Attachments:

fantastic work,  i do note that the medals active and medals proposed contain almost the same info at the moment.

let me know if there is anything i can help with,

Coincidentally because i am active on the forum most of the day and in-game most evenings, i see to have become the meet and greet contact for most new signups and the unofficial person to go to for exploration knowledge, @mrping in the future now that I’ve been keeping my desk nice and tidy, is there any roles i can work on for Centurion, like Janitor, or Neutron Star Starer.

Participant

i see to have become the meet and greet contact for most new signups

Soooo…

“Bouncer”

“Door-b!tch”

“Snr Concierge”

“Front of House Manager”

“Tour Guide” – Covers the meet+greet AND exploration :p

@mrping  can i go blue  and at your discretion have one of the following.

“Snr Concierge”

“Front of House Manager”

“Tour Guide” – Covers the meet+greet AND exploration :p

Participant

@MrPing, @DaMorgs, @FoxCarignan, @Xsannz:

Extra! Extra! – Read all about it!

Please find attached completed ranks / medals matrices

It now has the proposed medals in a third tab – This is a collation of an original thread from some seven months ago, plus what I posted “behind the velvet rope” a few weeks ago, plus some other mindless wanderings from moi that appeared tonight.

Per last night’s post on the topic, the third tab should foster some discussion

Might be worth posting the attached (visible to goldmembers and above [maybe even principes as well]) as a Read-only google-sheet under “About Us” menu

Attachments:

Legend

Participant

i do note that the medals active and medals proposed contain almost the same info at the moment.

Yes, the “fine print” with my last post said that “Proposed” section needed to actually be populated.

There are two (rope-fenced) posts of mine containing the raw information, plus results of discussions by “the brass” around the time we were gaining control of Guan Yun for the minor faction we were “sponsoring”

I am putting this content in right now …

I read up on those last night, I played till about 8:30 then i lost interest, i seem to have stalled enthusiasm wise for trading and couldn’t make up my mind to keep grinding rank / trade or blow shit up.

@baronvonschnellenstein under your propsed would my bronze exploration badge change to a silver or gold for elite and ELW worlds discovered?

just trying to clarify the difference between poposed Discovery badge (silver) vs current Bronze explorer badge and the Ordos Bar, as we might need to shuffle the colours otherwise it would seem the silver is higher rated than the Elite exploration bar..
      or am i getting myself mixed up.

also if we ratify this i would be interested in the Airforce cross for the core journey completed as part of my exploration trips, can provide screenshots of the distance travelled and number of jumps.

Participant

would my bronze exploration badge change to a silver or gold for elite and ELW worlds discovered?

@XSannz
      – you raise an interesting point – I would take the ‘current model’ Angel of Exploration as ‘orange-gold’ – Fair point that it could be perceived as bronze

Unless @MrPing and @DaMorgs say otherwise, I would take your current “Angel of Exploration” as the “premium model” – The [Air Force Cross] idea was conceived before MrPing created the Angel of Exploration – I’m thinking we might leave [Air Force Cross] for items where we don’t have a specific medal, but some actions/service constitute special recognition

For the record, I was envisaging the bronze we use as something along the tone of the ‘Goldmember’ sigpic bar around 75% toward the right of that colour bar – so much more brown than orange 

@MrPing
      :  Would re consider re-colouring the current Angel of Exploration to be similar colouring to Angel of Trade (perhaps slightly more ‘orangey’ so it retains a colour difference?)

I was thinking perhaps it could be coloured gold such as other Elite insignia but with an ELW or Blackhole Logo in it’s middle, that would give it the differentiation

Updated spreadsheet with

Angel of Justice – Participate in an AI Enforcement mission

Attachments:

updated again

Attachments:

Updated

updated with all submissions for Operation Purify.

@mrping
      please use this when allocating the new requests for the Badge

Keymaster

I think I assigned all of them.

Keymaster

@MrPing:  Would re consider re-colouring the current Angel of Exploration to be similar colouring to Angel of Trade (perhaps slightly more ‘orangey’ so it retains a colour difference?)

I’ll give it a shot and see what it looks like.

@XSannz can you add the spreadsheet again please, in my tired state I clicked on delete instead of open 😛

added

Attachments:

Participant
      CenturionAngel of StrategyAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Just looking at the earlier spreadsheets and note we have entries like [DFC, AFC VC] etc

Here is the wiki on Roman awards for some ideas
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_military_decorations_and_punishments

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.