Kerbal Space Program

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Other Games --- Kerbal Space Program

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.

I am assuming most members will be aware of this little gem, I’ve been playing it for now 2 years as an Early Access game, and now it is finally released.

https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/en/

Great game to play with the mini humans, I’ve learned a ridiculous amount about orbital manouvers and space travel through this game.

Give it a try, seriously recommended, it gets the valuable “MrPing Tick of Approval”

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Inactive

I’ll second the recommendation

Keymaster

So I fiddled around with it a bit, and it is a great improvement on the beta version, the aerodynamic model is great, and a lot easier to fly planes.

Oh!, you can get friction heat now, so watch out, I might have cooked a pair of Kerbals by forgetting a heat shield, but at least those didn’t suffer much unlike their counterpart I forgot on the Moon.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of StrategyAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Sidewinder to Orbit

Participant
      CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Looks very interesting. It has planetary landings – that might get me away from E : D from time to time.

Thanks for the recommendation @mrping 😀

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of StrategyAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Careful weekends disappear when you set yourself a project within

Keymaster

Now I have to post something.

This is my thing at the moment, I installed RemoteTech and have been making sure I have good signal coverage before sending Kerbals to their deaths, going to put a second array around the mun before I start sending probes there to mine before I send a colony and hopefully making a station for interplanetary launches from there.

2015-08-04_00001

4 Geostationary Satellites for complete coverage with an extra inclined orbit control center for backup.

This is what each satellite looks like.
      2015-08-04_00004

And the control center.
      2015-08-04_00005

Participant

That is a nice comms network, cool looking satellites and station too.

One of the bets things about KSP is seeing how everyone else uses the same set of blocks to build their own unique stuff

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I’m not allowed to play.  I killed too many Kerbals.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I purchased this game shortly after @mrping’s recommendation.

Actually had a go of it last night – it’s a blast! (pardon the pun)

Managed _not_ to kill a Kerbal on first flight with solid fuel rockets.

However, the second run, I got a bit too carried away and sent my Kerbal 30km up. Needless to say, terminal velocity after re-entry was too much for the parachutes and Kerbal 1 “bought the farm”, rofl

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
      Participant

At least learn their names.. that way you try to keep them alive

My current project is to try the Real Scale Solar system.

Just messing with the config files to add a space center here in Canterbury for the New Zealand space program 😀

Keymaster

Whenever I kill one, I take a kerbal out for a stroll around the space center, then plant a flag with their name on it.

During the beta I had quite a few flags is my shrine.

I have not killed anyone since release.

Participant
      Foederati

How exciting! It’s coming to the Xbox One. 🙂

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.