My list of "places to go before I [inevitably] die [again]"

Home --- Forums --- Angeli Imperial Operations --- Exploring Forum --- My list of "places to go before I [inevitably] die [again]"

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Principes
      • 36 ophiuchi
      • 61 cygni
      • Vega
      • Alpha Centauri
      • Epsilon Eridani
      • Procyon
      • Alderamin
      • Arcturus
      • Albireo
      • 16 cygni
      • Castor
      • Polaris
      • Wolf 359

If I ever get bored of fighting anyway

Most are quite close though polaris and albireo are some 600 LY out.

And it’s pretty doubtful that I’ll ever make it out to Sag A unless there is multiple saves/pilots? I don’t think so?

Participant
      Angel of DiscoveryCenturion

No, just the one character with the one save.

You can make it out there if your prepared to put aside a few weeks of playtime at a minimum to it, depends on how fast you take it (the record, one way, is 9 1/2 hours). Once your out about 400ly from colonised space it’s just you and the stars, no npc pirates, no signal signatures, just a few hundred pilots going there own way, probably a one in a million chance of bumping into another player. Pixel_Ferret is on his way out there now, and maybe someone else from AI.

I think I’ll make the journey someday.

Participant
        Principes

No, just the one character with the one save. You can make it out there if your prepared to put aside a few weeks of playtime at a minimum to it, depends on how fast you take it (the record, one way, is 9 1/2 hours). Once your out about 400ly from colonised space it’s just you and the stars, no npc pirates, no signal signatures, just a few hundred pilots going there own way, probably a one in a million chance of bumping into another player. Pixel_Ferret is on his way out there now, and maybe someone else from AI. I think I’ll make the journey someday.

Maybe one day just to say I’ve been there, but overall I probably won’t do any long range exploring until thargoids or what have you gets added in to spice things up a little 😛

ie more like (extremely) long range recon than pure exploring I guess.

Participant
      Angel of DiscoveryCenturion

Yeah, I’m definitely a beginner when it comes to exploring, I’ve only done one small trip, I think out to about 5,000 ly. I think like you, that I wont be doing a big voyage until more discoverable content is added to the galaxy out there, whenever that may be.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Yeah, I’m building an exploricobra up whenever I’m near home with some money to burn.

My first big trip might coincide with the Thargon arrival 😉

As for where.. I haven’t narrowed it down yet – probably one of the random dark nebula above the galactic plane.

Participant
      Principes

Yeah, I’m building an exploricobra up whenever I’m near home with some money to burn. My first big trip might coincide with the Thargon arrival 😉 As for where.. I haven’t narrowed it down yet – probably one of the random dark nebula above the galactic plane.

Most of my places are out of sci-fi and I want to see how much they (the authors not fdev, I’m going to assume that for the most part fdev’s rendition will be correct) made up and what they look like in ED 😛

Others were some interesting looking star systems I read about IRL.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.