My trip "into" a black hole

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Elite: Dangerous Discussion --- My trip "into" a black hole

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I went to P Puppis today, in an attempt to scan my first black hole, and get my name down on some unexplored planets on the way.

I neared the black hole around 2pm and dropped into normal space about 150kms away from the centre. You cannot see the core, understandably, but distant light warps around the edge. I went full throttle at stages in an attempt to see if I could get drawn into it, always ready to jump to a close system, if I got into trouble.

I kept taking pics to document exactly how close you can get, before getting pulled into it.

…and here are the results: (better images attached)

Here my ship is going full speed into the centre, you can see the light distortion on the edge of it, also you can see the booster stream in front of the ship.

This image shows the closest possible I was able to get to the core.

I spent some time moving around it, seeing the way it affects light, then headed back to Apathaam.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Keymaster
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.

Nice!

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

So I sold all my scans up, I only scanned every main star and all non-scanned bodies.

I completed 8 new system scans, and received about $250k from my short trip.

The adventure was really good. I do recommend, the payout is sub-par.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.