New Members

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Off-Topic --- New Members

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      CenturionAngel of DiscoveryAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement MissionAngel of Trade

I see alot of new registrations in the last week or so but not a single one has stopped by to say hello, open a thread or introduce themselves,

are these legitimate users are are we having an influx of spam registrations?

is there something we can do to encourage a stop by and say hello thread?

Assistant Angeli Imperial Custodian (Wangal)

Qui Desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum. | Quis custodiet Ipsos custodes.
      Nascentes morimur. | Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

We seem to have a steady flow of people coming, the problem is we have spam issues too.  @MrPing normally accepts them when they apply as he gets notification emails.  But we do have a lot of ‘lurkers’ too 🙂

Same with our in game group that has 138 members as of yesterday but you only really see the same 15-20.  This is why we need a Group Chat in game.

Keymaster
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.

We got a LOT of spam accounts over the last few weeks, I’ve been playing E-Wackamole

CenturionAngel of DiscoveryAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement MissionAngel of Trade

yeah the names were looking a bit spammish i was thinking they were from previous forums i admin where i had to play whackamole regularly.

one of the tactics to stop spam accoutns is rather than jus the old captcha is we used to have 3 questions picked randonly from a list of 10 that asked questions like what colour is the sky, who is the queen, what country is christchurch in etc etc.

stuff users can google but a bot cant answer.

Assistant Angeli Imperial Custodian (Wangal)

Qui Desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum. | Quis custodiet Ipsos custodes.
      Nascentes morimur. | Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.