New to Wangal

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi all, I have been playing ED for a few weeks and getting to grips with the basics. Been calling Ross 257 home since moving from the starting station. Been mostly trading, moved through Sidewinder, Hauler, Cobra, Type 6 and am now in a Vulture as got a taste for combat. Nearly upgraded. Anyway, I thought it was time to leave the nest and start looking for a group to play with. See Angeli Imperial on the Frontier Forums and liked the presentation and forum posts so thought I would take things further. I have now travelled to Wangal and am doing some simple missions etc trying to learn the local area. I have applied in game to join the group as instructed and hope to meet many of you on TS if allowed in the near future.

I am looking for a class 3 multi cannon for my vulture close by which I could do with some help with.

I am new ish to the game, have no clue about powerplay at the moment and not pledged to anyone as wanted to learn these aspects from a group of players. Just really been smuggling, combat and hauling. Enjoying the game.

A little about me, I am Phil aged 31 as of next Wednesday and come from the UK. Many thanks all.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Hi Phil,

Welcome aboard!

Multi-cannons only go up to Class 2, unfortunately.

coriolis.io

edshipyard.com

are handy for speccing ships.

In-game, best places for parts supply near Wangal are:

HIP 19758 (Mellotte Terminal)

Ixbakald

HIP 18187

I wouldn’t worry too much about powerplay at this time.  There’s a lot of other things to get your head around

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
      Inactive

Many thanks for your response. I guess for class 3 then I am best going for just standard cannon or other similar type thing.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Welcome aboard!

ahh, the vulture. A thing of beauty… And a tank.

depending on your wants for it of course, but I found with a couple of pulse lasers it was possible to stay in a CZ/RES forever (or until Mrs Simian starts yelling) 😉

a booster or two & best shields you can afford, go forth and be merry!

The pulse have good sub system damage, take shields out pretty well & in c3 variant have no penalty against larger ships.

Of course that all changes in PVP, eh @damorgs

Some nutters around here (you know who, @genisisx) fit dual Advanced plasma to their vulture… And that’s just fun…

Inactive

Cheers for your welcome, I am UK time so will many people be on from the group?

I run with A5 shield and two gimballed pulse lasers. Was thinking of changing to beam and cannon though. Took out a few aconda’s today which was fun. I little tight though. Went to a High RES and got major flack so needed to exit after a couple of kills. Nice ship though but needs some more work still. Power management is a bit of a problem. Got FSD, Life Support etc on priority 3. Am enjoying it though, only got it this morning.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

The sun never sets on the Angeli – we have members worldwide these days. That said, most often people are on in the evenings  NZ/AUS time.

I was running 2x gimballed C3 pulse, A5 shield, 2xD0 boosters and an E1 shield bank – just for emergencies. B-rated thrusters were fine for RES (it seemed like A rated thrusters & A0 boosters gave me less wep usage..), and I’d use the worst life support I could. Never used life support in the vulture (go hard or go home 🙂 )

The gimballed were brilliant for my style – knife fights against larger ships limits the effectiveness of chaff.

Best power plant with all my goodies usually had me running at about 120%, so shields/guns/thrusters at p1, through to FSD/interdictor/kws at p5, depending on situation.

Participant
      Triarii

Team Plasma all the way.

-X

Eat Plasma!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.