Planetary Landing!!!

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Elite: Dangerous Discussion --- Planetary Landing!!!

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission
      Participant
      Principes

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES 

Lifetime expansion pass is back. I felt like buying second account for no apparent reason (my account is premium beta).

I am going to grind my Trading Elite rank before Horizon hits the shelf so i can go explore.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of StrategyAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Yeehhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Participant
      CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Got the beta pass.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

SOLD! Roll on “Holiday 2015”.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of StrategyAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Below is my summary of the Q&A
      Unless in quotes my Paraphrasing

I have tried to group by subject.

<u>Landings and SRVs</u>
      Seemless Landings come out of SC into a New Flight mode, Planetary Cruise

Every Ship can carry the Scarab but not every ship can carry every SRV

Will take up compartment space, buy them from outfitting

Buy the SRV then buy the SRV clip in module

Parked ships and what happens to them when you are gone is still being debated/balanced

Different SRVs with different tasks they are specialized for but not restricted in task

Gravity will be a consideration when driving the ARVs and the ships handling when coming in to land and flying over the surface. Ships dont fly well at low speeds in gravity wells, so one will have to be more hands on to avoid drift.. Different ships will handle better, smaller ships will have an easier time in gravity wells.

Thruster build into all the ARVs, can jump, and on low gravity worlds the jets can aim down to increase traction.

Can Group up ARV and ship or ARV and ARV – Wings mechanics regardless of vehicle.

Examples of things to find planet side Rare minerals, Pirate bases, crashed ships. Landing at outposts or landing in the middle of nowhere gameplay planned for both.

Example scenario might involves the defense craft being remote controlled ships that can be disabled by taking out the control centre.

Some planets surfaces will be permit locked…..but other than those ones any airless world can be landed on, not just those in civilised space

<u>Cobra Mk.IV
      </u>Access in game still need to buy it, chunkier, better hardpoint placement, additional hardpoint but as ever there will be tradeoffs.
      Regarding Mk.III paint jobs applying to Mk.IV “I think that what was the intention was but I cannot promise anything” So they will check and put it in the newsletter coming out not tomorrow (as there wont be one) but next week.

Peak of the week will be the Cobra Mk.IV

<u>CQC
      </u>

The Structures/and other assets in the Arenas will be used for main game locations in the Galaxy

<u>Expansions and Season</u>

An Example of a Season is Release, 1.1 CG, 1.2 Wings, 1.3 PP, 1.4 CQC & 1.5

“Holiday Season” is Christmas/Thanks Giving

Loot and Craft an example of another part of the Horizon Season.

<u>Open Play</u>
      If you see Cmdr Barben, you know you dont have to kill him….

<u>Core Gameplay features</u>
      Yes will be continues development and improvements for richer game play developed for planetary landing can feed back into the Space game as well

<u>1.4</u>
      Isnt just CQC, but brings CQC to PC/Mac
      New Ships and lots of new tweaks.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

My faith is restored!

THIS IS GOING TO GET EPIC.

Participant

I’m so happy right now.

I’ve got a mental picture of Carmageddon. In SPACE!

I’ve got a mental picture of me crashing the Queen into a mountain.

Participant

LOL, there is that 🙂

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I’ve got mental…

You just know we’re going to have the Angeli Imperial, Wangal Grand Prix.

If we can paint our buggies, mine will be red.  It’ll be faster.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Well, there goes 120 quid.
      Horizons, plus … whatever else they build.
      I hope there’s 3 more ‘seasons’ before development stops. :p

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!

I still want NPC crews.

With boobs.

Big boobs.

Participant

Been watching “Tripping the Rift”?!

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of Death

I hate to be the negative Nacy, but I’m going to wait until I see actual gameplay and not doctored trailers before preordering.

Not that I don’t think it will be great, I just wait to see gameplay on principal. Frontier doctored the launch trailer to the point where it’s unrepresentative of the game. I don’t like feeling tricked.

Still, will probably preorder anyways once I see it.

Participant

Waiting is fair enough – I think on balance, FD have been too vague about what features and when; the background sim (core content IMHO) still is a bit wonky; missions, whilst a lot better since PusPlay, still lack the required breadth and depth; – we’ll see what we actually get by the end of this “season”

On the flip-side, for 40 quid, I feel I’ve got my money’s worth so far, even though I don’t think the game is truly at v1.0 release status just yet.
        I’ve still got a number of things I want to do in the game, parallel to AI

Considering that I ummed and ahhed for quite a while about whether to shell out 200 quid for the full kickstarter backing – (I opted _not_ to on the basis of cost and risk of not actually seeing any product for that rather large KS price tag) – I’ve now spent 40 + 120 quid (instead of 200) and will end up with most of what a full KS backer has…

Participant

I still want NPC crews. With boobs. Big boobs.

Open game

Options

Pilot gender > female

Load your save

Look down

Instant sex change

Profit

🙂

Edit: maybe you don’t want to do that. We wouldn’t want you to distracted and fly into something stationary. Like an asteroid. 😉

Participant
      Foederati

This is going to be very exciting! Have the dev’s put a time frame on this update / pack?

Yes, Holiday season, but it will be this year.

Participant

Participant

This. This is the guy.

Yay!!

Participant

LOL the small moons wont be safe – will they Damorgs?

Aaaand he’s back on top….

Participant
      CadetAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

cant wait

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.