Powerplay and A.I.

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Elite: Dangerous Discussion --- Powerplay and A.I.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Angel of DiscoveryCenturion

I couldn’t see a thread elsewhere on the 1.3 update, so thought I’d kick one off here, please delete if my forum navigation skills are lacking and I’ve double-upped.

http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=dcbf6b86b4b0c7d1c21b73b1e&id=b0a8ebba0b

After thinking about what’s been announced I can see this being [EDIT: “potentially“. who knows until this feature is rolled out] a threat to the influence of an organisation like ours (although never the camaraderie!). All the delicate work put into pumping up minor factions, tipping into civil wars and expansion in our little corner of the galaxy. When all of a sudden Senator Hotpants and his supporters steam roll through and take it all for the glory of the Imperial Thigh-Gap Party.

Do we stay on our own, do we join a Senator’s Power-bloc, or… attempt to foster our own (I believe they hinted at that)??

I’m sure top brass are considering our approach, while the AI membership, being bestowed with the virtues of true citizens (and nobles, actually mostly nobles. funny that) of the Empire we shall follow. Actually I’m pretty excited about this update.

Whichever way we go, Long Live the Emperor!

• This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by AvatarDan Dority.
      • This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by AvatarDan Dority.
      Keymaster
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.

We have opened a thread in the Operations page, not everyone has access yet, but yes, we are looking at what happens, depends where Wangal ends up in the middle of all this when the content gets released.

Participant

Ah, nice.

I thought it was a bit odd that I couldn’t find a mention of it anywhere, forgetting about the gated forum. Makes sense that type of discussion be had there.

Cheers,

DD

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Feel free to discuss it here though.  🙂

Decisions that affect us may be kept in there, but rest assured you will be told if it impacts on general day to day operations.

I personally can’t wait for this, it’s going to be awesome.

Participant

Yeah I’m pumped for this update as well, hopefully in throws a whole warehouse full of spanners into the cogs of colonised space. Giving a more agency (but not too much) to the player-base to change the course of the storyline can’t be a bad thing in my opinion.

I’m interested to see what the new mission system feels like, as being a lowly Knight I have a bit of rank grinding ahead of me still.

Galnet from the ship-computer is a nice little addition too, currently being about 5,000 ly from Achenar you can naturally feel a little cut-off (there’s the website I know, but…). Them must be some large antennas their putting up if they think their going to be reaching hundreds of thousands of light years to the far side of the galaxy. Hey! Maybe this is the move that alerts the Thargoids to our presence…

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Early days, but I would suggest that we will remain with Patreus given his ‘agenda’.

He suits all our needs at the moment, also given the screenshots he is close to our area of operation.

Participant

Plus, by sticking with Patreus, we can make use of this secret weapon:

Rock Me, Patreus!

At the least the Senator keeps his relationship with Aisling Duval out in the open, wise move to avoid any unraveling scandal in the media.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Plus, by sticking with Patreus, we can make use of this secret weapon: <a href="https://youtu.be/jjalprPgBqc" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Rock Me, Patreus!</a>  

Can we demote you for that post? ;-P

Participant

It honestly would be just treatment if I was, but we all know it had to be posted.

I mean, listen to it. Just… listen to it!

Go Patreus!

[EDIT] Hang on, I was promoted to something? 😉

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by AvatarDan Dority.
      Keymaster
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.

So i guess this is appropriate?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by AvatarCMDR Ping.
      Participant

That’s the spirit of it!

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart / General David Petraeus/ Senator Denton Patreus

…all the same really.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.