Powerplay Update

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Author
      CenturionFounding Angel

Hi all,

With the impending beta now due about the middle of next week (for us Australians) i know you will all be keen to hear whats next for the Angeli.

A few of the leadership have access to the beta including myself so once we have had a chance to download and digest the political changes we will then make a decision on where our loyalties are and what area of space we will potentially move to.

I think we are all keen to stay where we are as we have plenty of history but with a major change like this we may find ourselves in the wrong spot.

The upside of selling our assets in the Wangal area and moving on is its a fresh start for all and a chance to forge a new home for us. We have plenty of experience with flipping systems now and we have the manpower, so providing things don’t change too drastically we could flip a new imperial corporate home within a week or so and more than likely be moved before powerplay even hits the main server.

We will keep you updated with progress, if the worst happens and we move we will need a lot of scouting for a new home so be ready.

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Further to that, whilst we are a ‘casual’ group we will be calling on all Angeli CMDRs to assist for the first week or two so we can establish a new home base if required.  So be prepared to move quickly.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

No problems, give us a general direction & I’m keen to help…

Kinda like Wangal tho… Guns up & defend?

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Two more days and we will have a good idea of what we’re going to do.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Keep us updated, if we need to restage elsewhere for when power play lands.

I guess a potential target home has been selected?

Ill keep the drives warmed up, and the beer fridge stocked.

You guys take your Lavian brandy with or without gold foil?

Participant
        Triarii

Who in their right mind drinks Lavian brandy without gold foil? If I find anyone doing that I’ll tut them. Severely. They shall receive a severe tuttering!

-X

Eat Plasma!

No potential target yet, as soon as we know, we’ll start looking if required.

Participant
      Principes

I also have beta access if required to help.

I think the best et, is anybody who has it, jump on and we can look, also if you can be on teamspeak too, it will be beneficial.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of Trade

Obviously, I’m in 🙂

CenturionFounding Angel

The only thing we would ask is that those who have Beta access refrain from posting too much on the forums for now, we would like to give a concise plan for our next actions so wild speculation from those with Beta access could cause confusion.

The only thing we would ask is that those who have Beta access refrain from posting too much on the forums for now, we would like to give a concise plan for our next actions so wild speculation from those with Beta access could cause confusion.

+1

Participant
      Angel of DiscoveryCenturion

Aye-aye captains!

At the ready for action if required when the intel and orders arrive.

I just had a thought though. They wouldn’t pull a dirty trick like arranging the powers differently in beta from final release would they? That sure would be evil. 🙂

No, but they will progress faster than normal

CenturionFounding Angel

Yeah i think its all probably a little too handcrafted for them to make major changes anyway.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Arent you already in?

CenturionFounding Angel

Still no sign of it and its 10.30pm in Sydney so i’ll probably have to set the download going tomorrow morning and have a quick go when i get home from work as i have plans in the evening.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I don’t have beta access, but I did just read the latest Dev update and newsletter:

Diamondback looks awesome, but looks like it will be a small ship – bah! – I was hoping for either:

• Med ship that can carry 250 tonnes a decent distance (Python-esque, but geared to trade / exploration); Or,
      • Large ship that can go up to 300 tonnes cargo for price between Clipper and T9

So, it seems I have enough cash to purchase and kit out an Imperial Courier when PowerPlay goes GA release, meaning I should be able to go exploring for possible alternate locations for AI

@Mori: Any initial suggestions as to distance from Wangal and general direction to search in?

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
      Participant
      Principes

Frontier forums have released more info on PowerPlay and has the beta going live around 4pm BST

Power Play update thread

Omnes Virgo triumphat imperator!

CenturionFounding Angel

I’ve left it downloading, so won’t be able to add to any conversation til this afternoon after work.

Sounds like it came out around 1am in Sydney so even if i had stayed up it would only have given me a quick look before work so i’m glad i went to bed.

Oh you boys are in for a treat!!

Keymaster
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.

PDF From Frontier in case you have not seen it.  Lots to figure out.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Participant
      Principes

Well my hopes of participating in beta have been hamstrung,  my mouse doesn’t work and sits in the middle of the screen. The ‘fix’ which is to enable hardware cursor doesn’t work in the Rift. I’ve posted this in the ‘mouse not working’ bug report….. until its sorted I’ll have to stay in normal, sorry guys.

Participant
      Principes

PDF From Frontier in case you have not seen it. Lots to figure out.

oh wow very cool.  So does it look like we staying at wangal?

Participant
      Principes

So now the Diamondback has gone back to been called the Diamondback Explorer. And going by how small the Powerplay Beta 7 changelog is, it can’t be far away until 1.3 is out.

Edit. Ok so after reading a bit more I see the Diamondback Explorer is a completely different ship to the Diamondback Scout, which is also available in the beta. Well, similar ship but bigger.

Omnes Virgo triumphat imperator!

CenturionFounding Angel

At this stage i would be surprised if we saw it before Tuesday, releasing at the tail end of the week is only great if they are getting paid overtime to work the weekend.

They would be much better off continuing to squish bugs and release on their usual Tuesday schedule and give everyone the weekend to test their very latest build.

But they may yet surprise us!

Inactive

PDF From Frontier in case you have not seen it. Lots to figure out.

Thanks very informative ! Its looks better than I was expecting

Participant
      Triarii

Three new ships! Yaaaaaaaaay!

(I still only want the courier though :P)

-X

Eat Plasma!

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.